JAWA

Re: Paul Allen to enter the Ring of Honor

Post by JAWA » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:29 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:44 pm
Hasslecracked wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:25 pm
Incredibly well deserved. Hopefully this leads to more inductions in the future
Yes, without a doubt. Saved our Hawks. Too bad his Microsoft colleague Ballmer neglected to do the same for the Sonics. Instead paid 5x for the Clippers only a few years later.
In Ballmer's defense, I didn't even know Coward had the team up for sale until it was WAY too late when he announced it at that a press conference with that fat fuckin Okie. Was Ballmer aware the Sonics were for sale? At any rate, Coward should have hit him up before selling the team to those Okie dipshits and leave us in the current state we're in when It comes to the NBA.

Paul Allen is the exact opposite of Coward and as everyone said here, it is well deserved for him to be in the Ring of Honor. I hope his induction inspires the Hawks to a victory over those damn Lambs! ;)

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:41 am

I find it hard to fathom that a billionaire who loves basketball living in Seattle was unaware the Sonics were for sale until Hillbilly Bennett living in a third world state half way across the country had already closed on the deal. :)
dt

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:34 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:41 am
I find it hard to fathom that a billionaire who loves basketball living in Seattle was unaware the Sonics were for sale until Hillbilly Bennett living in a third world state half way across the country had already closed on the deal. :)
True, that'd be a question I'd like to ask Ballmer. Of course, he tried to purchase the team from Fat Boy but it was way too little, too late since the fat fuck wasn't selling.

Actually, it was that senile old fart that introduced his Okie BFF to Coward and unfortunately for us, the rest is history. I'm just glad Paul stepped in to save the Hawks, really wish he didn't own the Blazers so he could've done the same with the Sonics.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:23 am

JAWA wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:34 am
D-train wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:41 am
True, that'd be a question I'd like to ask Ballmer. Of course, he tried to purchase the team from Fat Boy but it was way too little, too late since the fat fuck wasn't selling.

Actually, it was that senile old fart that introduced his Okie BFF to Coward and unfortunately for us, the rest is history. I'm just glad Paul stepped in to save the Hawks, really wish he didn't own the Blazers so he could've done the same with the Sonics.
I tried to find it but I remember Ballmer said he was too busy running (ruining) MSFT. btw check out the stock performance while he was CEO and what it has done since he left. He was CEO from 2000-14

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MSFT/ch ... t9fQ%3D%3D
dt