Seahawks vs Lambs

ThePro

Re: Seahawks vs Lambs

Post by ThePro » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:17 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:02 pm
you can complain bout RW hanging on to the ball too long but the fact is the Hawks like to chuck the ball downfield, and to do that the play needs to develop. Its true they give up sacks but on the other hand RW connects, PC like his home runs
Russell Wilson's 40-yard touchdown throw to D.K. Mectalf was the latest example of his deep-ball proficiency. Per ESPN Stats & Information, Wilson's throw traveled 40 air yards. Entering tonight, Wilson had 21 completions of at least 40 air yards over the last five seasons. That's four more than the next closest players in that span: Ben Roethlisberger (17) and Philip Rivers (17).
Exactly. Wilson "holds the ball too long" and puts up incredible stats. 11.7 yards per attempt , 73% comp ,4 TDs 0 INT , 151.8 QB rating and a freaking partridge in a pear tree.

Only one sack tonight .

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:13 pm

I felt like after the first couple of drives, where we had some odd looking slow developing pass plays, Russ did a great job of getting rid of the ball...when he had to.

I was calling for screens in the first half also, the Tams were all over Russ. But it seemed the adjustments were made. He played a great game.

I was irritated by the play calling. Against a team we are very familiar with, we came out of the gates running plays that won't work against the Rams. Not going on 4th and inches was ridiculous, going shotgun on the last third down and running an option pitch to Lockett was foolish. That all being said, besides some missed tackles and some occasional issues up front on O (the entire NFL struggles against that front), the players kicked ass.

AND, sorry, I will say it again. The miss was Karma. The route the Rams ran to get into range on 3rd down was a freaking BLATANT pick route. As many as are called on us, the refs swallowing their whistle there had me almost as pissed as Pete trying to draw them off sides.

On 3rd and 4th and short, what happened to lining up Fant as a TE, putting a FB in front of Carson and hammering it home? I am sick to death of listening to us talk about being physical, and then in big moments getting cute. You'd have thought Bevell and Cable were in charge again. Don't talk about it, be about it!

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:22 pm

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:51 pm

4-0 in action green jerseys...just sayin' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:51 pm

ThePro wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:22 pm
This is insane.....
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Only week 5, I get it, but he HAS to be the front runner for MVP right now.

Man, if the 49ers lose to the Browns this will be an outstanding week!

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:18 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:51 pm
ThePro wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:22 pm
This is insane.....
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Only week 5, I get it, but he HAS to be the front runner for MVP right now.

Man, if the 49ers lose to the Browns this will be an outstanding week!
What about Mahomes?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:55 pm

I would say RW needs to get into the mid 4,000s for passing yardage to win it. Of course if he throws 38 TDs and no INTs he would probably have a good chance.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:01 pm

Yardage is gonna be tough in this offense. No INTs would be quite the feat. A receiver could just botch one. However he is seeing the field well. He's really struggling without Angry Doug Baldwin... :lol:

XpertDBA

Post by XpertDBA » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:50 pm

I'm as Seahawks of a homer as all of you here,

However.......

That pass to the back corner to Lockett was one of the best 3 TD passes I've ever seen in my entire life (I'm in my mid-50s) and that's not the homer in me speaking. The level of difficulty of that throw, on the run to his LEFT, swiveling and throwing that pass where it had to be with a margin of error +/- a foot or so is simply jaw-dropping. I've seen it 5-6 times since and still can't believe that pass. Simply unbelievable.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:22 pm

XpertDBA wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:50 pm
I'm as Seahawks of a homer as all of you here,

However.......

That pass to the back corner to Lockett was one of the best 3 TD passes I've ever seen in my entire life (I'm in my mid-50s) and that's not the homer in me speaking. The level of difficulty of that throw, on the run to his LEFT, swiveling and throwing that pass where it had to be with a margin of error +/- a foot or so is simply jaw-dropping. I've seen it 5-6 times since and still can't believe that pass. Simply unbelievable.
yep, dont know what kind of factors they use to come up with 6% chance of success (supposedly the biggest odds-beater in recent memory), but seems to me that it should be more like only half of that. cant imagine the average NFL QB completing that more than one out of 20 times - one out of 50 seems more likely. maybe 1 out of 16 (6%) for just Mahomes, Rodgers, and Wilson, but nobody else makes that throw.