Re: Seahawks vs Lambs

Post by ThePro » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:57 pm

57reasons wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:22 pm
XpertDBA wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:50 pm
I'm as Seahawks of a homer as all of you here,

However.......

That pass to the back corner to Lockett was one of the best 3 TD passes I've ever seen in my entire life (I'm in my mid-50s) and that's not the homer in me speaking. The level of difficulty of that throw, on the run to his LEFT, swiveling and throwing that pass where it had to be with a margin of error +/- a foot or so is simply jaw-dropping. I've seen it 5-6 times since and still can't believe that pass. Simply unbelievable.
yep, dont know what kind of factors they use to come up with 6% chance of success (supposedly the biggest odds-beater in recent memory), but seems to me that it should be more like only half of that. cant imagine the average NFL QB completing that more than one out of 20 times - one out of 50 seems more likely. maybe 1 out of 16 (6%) for just Mahomes, Rodgers, and Wilson, but nobody else makes that throw.
How did he get it there? Luke Willson was playing great defense on the play. I guess all the off season work is paying off.

XpertDBA

Post by XpertDBA » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:06 pm

Rodgers isn't making that throw. Yeah, he's a good QB but I doubt he could contort his body to make that throw on the run under the same circumstances. I know Mahomes has made someone similar throws, so I won't rule him out.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:23 pm

ThePro wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:18 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:51 pm
ThePro wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:22 pm
This is insane.....

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Only week 5, I get it, but he HAS to be the front runner for MVP right now.

Man, if the 49ers lose to the Browns this will be an outstanding week!
What about Mahomes?
Could be the Seahawk fan in me, but right now I think Wilson has had the more impressive season.

That being said, Mahomes is in that dynamic offense that will let him out up video game numbers....and he is damn good. Like I said, only week 5, and other QBs will out up numbers, but right now I think Russ in the MVP.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:32 pm

Yep they should cancel Thursday night football. What boring sloppy lackluster game. I almost fell asleep at the end. Too bad we couldn't watch a "premium" product. lol

Oh and after two and a half weeks of rest and pretty much being a healthy scratch in AZ, Penny got 6 carries and the guy that only had 3 days rest had 27 and had the best game of his career. Hate to complain after a great win but imagine this team if they would just make normal 1st picks.

2017 McDowell - in jail or an insane asylum
2018 Penny 6 carries for 18 years in game five of his second season
2019 Collier - Healthy scratch for the second time in three weeks.

When your best 1st round pick is 9 years is Bruce Irvin you might want to reassess the overthinking it strategy.

Fantastic win filled with Epic plays though so all good.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:56 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:32 pm
Yep they should cancel Thursday night football. What boring sloppy lackluster game. I almost fell asleep at the end. Too bad we couldn't watch a "premium" product. lol

Oh and after two and a half weeks of rest and pretty much being a healthy scratch in AZ, Penny got 6 carries and the guy that only had 3 days rest had 27 and had the best game of his career. Hate to complain after a great win but imagine this team if they would just make normal 1st picks.

2017 McDowell - in jail or an insane asylum
2018 Penny 6 carries for 18 years in game five of his second season
2019 Collier - Healthy scratch for the second time in three weeks.

When your best 1st round pick is 9 years is Bruce Irvin you might want to reassess the overthinking it strategy.

Fantastic win filled with Epic plays though so all good.
McDowell was not a 1st round pick. So a 1st round pick has to be a starter in their 1st season or be deemed a bust?

Why Collier is a healthy scratch is unusual but I don't think it is reflective of his ability. He is in the dame situation as Penny . Who are the Hawks going to sit for him to get playing time? Ansah? Clowney? Jefferson? Green? Jackson? The latter two are playing like their hair is on fire.

Hawks have more depth then we are willing to give them credit for.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:07 pm

would it be Jefferson?...sort of a surprise isn't he, playing well, that is taking Collier's time?....yea, having a championship caliber roster that a rookie can't break doesn't seem like a particularly bad thing to me. If the team was 1-4 and he couldn't get in games that be different

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:24 pm

according to ESPN’s new formula pass rush win rate, which measures the percentage of plays a player beats his block within 2.5 seconds, Jefferson is among the highest defensive tackles in the league – coming in sixth with a rate of 21 percent.
https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2019/ ... -seahawks/

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:15 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:24 pm
according to ESPN’s new formula pass rush win rate, which measures the percentage of plays a player beats his block within 2.5 seconds, Jefferson is among the highest defensive tackles in the league – coming in sixth with a rate of 21 percent.
https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2019/ ... -seahawks/
Good stuff. Another great revelation on Thursday is that we have a damn good backup in JaMarco Jones on the O line. My guess is he is starting by next season.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:20 pm

Interesting notes here:
Jamarco Jones played 65 snaps at right gaurd in place of D.J. Fluker, who left the game with a hamstring injury. Jones told reporters postgame that he'd never played guard in any game at any level, and he performed admirably against Aaron Donald and the Rams talented defensive front. Depending on the severity of Fluker's injury, Jones could be looking at his first career start in Week 6 against the Browns.

- Rasheem Green played 50 snaps last night, second-most of any Seahawks defensive lineman behind only Jadeveon Clowney. His increased role show's the team's growing confidence in its 2018 third-round pick.

- Branden Jackson played just 14 snaps. It's conceivable that first-round pick L.J. Collier could surpass Jackson on the depth chart in the near future. Collier was inactive against the Rams along with second-round pick Marquise Blair. Collier has an easier track to gameday reps than Blair.
I was really excited about Blair. Hopefully he gets playing time soon but Thompson's resurgence makes that less likely I imagine.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:31 pm

JAWA wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:40 am
Nice throw, even better catch by Dissly!

He's going to be a star, if he isn't already! Wonder how his "#1 Fan" down in Olympia thinks about him right now?
:lol: Who was that? Wasn't he complaining about his combine #s. LOL
dt