Re: End of an Era - Hawks release Baldwin and Chancellor

Post by D-train » Fri May 10, 2019 3:02 pm

57reasons wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:16 am
seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:55 am
D-train wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 12:19 am
I love what Doug did for the org. but another mouth leaving the operation isn't a bad thing.

dt
I think that's what made them so good D. They were all underdogs that became Champions! Played with the "chip" on their shoulders.
Doug was tough as nails. He played hurt. Caught some unbelievable balls to save the day over and over again.
Bam bam too could absolutely destroy you. I still feel some of his hits. I'll never forget his hurdling the line to block a field goal.
That team is now for all purposes gone. Can Pete works his magic again? Get this new group to play with a "chip"?
I am excited they had the money to get a few new toys. Some proven vets to go along with abundance of unproven youth.
Personally I want Suh. Need a little more nasty in the pansy NFL today.
Go Hawks!
i think if he still had the nasty, he woulda been signed by now. do you remember him getting manhandled by DJ last year? that was no Fluke!
We just got rid of a bunch of guys the past couple seasons that thought they are bigger than the team and the game. Why would be add one now?
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri May 10, 2019 4:58 pm

Sad day, Kam was my favorite Seahawk of all time, obviously I knew he wouldn't t play again though.

Doug often times irritated me. I hated that he seemed to think guys like Sherman and Lynch were the greatest team mates of all time, yet constantly seemed to under cut Russ. That being said, what a competitor, I will really miss watching him play!

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 10, 2019 5:08 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:58 pm
Sad day, Kam was my favorite Seahawk of all time, obviously I knew he wouldn't t play again though.

Doug often times irritated me. I hated that he seemed to think guys like Sherman and Lynch were the greatest team mates of all time, yet constantly seemed to under cut Russ. That being said, what a competitor, I will really miss watching him play!
My sentiments exactly. I get the chip on the shoulder thing but once you win a SB, make a Pro Bowl AND get paid, it's time to give it a rest otherwise you just seem like an insecure whiner.

dt
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 10, 2019 5:12 pm

Kam had every reason to have a chip on his shoulder as well but never once did I hear him mention it let alone preach about it ad nauseum. Class act in every way. Not to mention generational hitter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5NJlOtdhuY
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon May 13, 2019 5:37 pm

And Doug is Doug right to the end. Sends a Tweet to his younger self, thanks everyone, almost. How do you not thank Pete Carroll and Russ Wilson? Pretty sad really. I will miss the guy playing football, but it is time for him to focus on the off field stuff, the stuff he will be great at...not the stuff that seems to make him seem to be in love with everyone in Seattle EXCEPT the guy throwing him the ball and the guy that coached him his entire NFL career.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 13, 2019 5:56 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 5:37 pm
And Doug is Doug right to the end. Sends a Tweet to his younger self, thanks everyone, almost. How do you not thank Pete Carroll and Russ Wilson? Pretty sad really. I will miss the guy playing football, but it is time for him to focus on the off field stuff, the stuff he will be great at...not the stuff that seems to make him seem to be in love with everyone in Seattle EXCEPT the guy throwing him the ball and the guy that coached him his entire NFL career.
AKA the guy that gave him a chance after he was passed over by 31 other teams an average of 7 times each.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon May 13, 2019 6:21 pm

I thought his tweets were a beautiful homage. Don't you think he probably spoke to PC and RW personally? He's spent the last nine years of his life with them, so I think it's highly likely he conveyed his appreciation in person - and on a daily basis. He even thanked Bevell. Assuming the worst from one of the all time greats, doesn't seem to fit the narrative here, unless you just don't like him. Dude left it all on the field - seems like it'd be pretty rare that that type of person and teammate would diss two of the most impactful people in his life. I don't know him, but that narrative doesn't ring true to me at all.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon May 13, 2019 6:26 pm

So, thank everyone BUT PC and RW because you thanked those two in private? Nope, I believe this was intentional. I don't care if he DID thank them in person.

So, on Mother's Day, did you call your mom to tell her and then go to Social Media to tell your Mother-in-Law? No different than that idiot Michael Bennett apolotizing to the reporter that had survived cancer. Bennett said in public that he had never over come anything....so, he then apologizes in PRIVATE and is mad that everyone else doesn't know? This was intentional, and just another way for Doug to let the world know that Marshawn gave him a backpack years ago, and that his OLD teamates are his favorite teamates.

Logainismyhero

Post by Logainismyhero » Mon May 13, 2019 8:03 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:26 pm
So, thank everyone BUT PC and RW because you thanked those two in private? Nope, I believe this was intentional. I don't care if he DID thank them in person.

So, on Mother's Day, did you call your mom to tell her and then go to Social Media to tell your Mother-in-Law? No different than that idiot Michael Bennett apolotizing to the reporter that had survived cancer. Bennett said in public that he had never over come anything....so, he then apologizes in PRIVATE and is mad that everyone else doesn't know? This was intentional, and just another way for Doug to let the world know that Marshawn gave him a backpack years ago, and that his OLD teamates are his favorite teamates.
I'm guessing you never liked Doug Baldwin, ever :lol:

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon May 13, 2019 8:18 pm

Logainismyhero wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:03 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:26 pm

I'm guessing you never liked Doug Baldwin, ever :lol:
I loved the way he played, but the rants and raves and odd shit? Not so much. I honestly believe that he did just about everything in his power to undermine Russell, and I have never understood that.

It is funny that he seems to be goo goo for both Sherman and Bevell. I doubt Sherman spends much time thinking positively about Bevell.