Re: Down with the Browns game thread

Post by ThePro » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:13 pm

No crying...

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:55 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:42 am
I remember that team too. They were coming off their 9-7 season in 1979 with Jim Zorn's high-powered offense, started out 4-3 and then lost their last nine a row. The magic of Zorn and Jack Patera just went poof.
Yikes, good thing I missed it since I wasn't even born then! :shock: :lol:

I don't think this version of the Hawks will suffer the same fate as their 1980 counterparts. They got something special going on with MVP candidate Russell leading the way ;)

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:17 am

Bevell getting some love in Detroit, Stafford fourth rated QB at cbssports.com
The Lions lost to the Packers, but Stafford continues to impress under Darrell Bevell. What's notable is how often Stafford is throwing the ball deep downfield as opposed to years past, when Jim Bob Cooter turned Stafford into quick-release, short-pass quarterback, which negated his strength (his God-given arm talent). Stafford threw for 265 yards against the Packers and should've been credited with a touchdown that T.J. Hockenson couldn't secure as his body hit the turf. If not for an absolute officiating meltdown, Stafford would've walked off the field as a winner. Stafford's 8.0 yards per attempt remains a career-high and his interception rate (1.2%) remains a career-low, not including his injury shortened 2010 season.