Probably a dumb idea... but whatever.

IStillLoveTheMs

Probably a dumb idea... but whatever.

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:13 am

What do you guys know about Tyrone Swoopes?

He's been a practice squad tight end for a few years now. But he wasn't a tight end in college... instead he was used like an early Tim Tebow. They used him purely as a wildcat type runner on the goal line. His junior and senior years he ran for 625 yards on 128 carries and had 19 rushing TD's.

Watching Lamar Jackson over the weekend had me wondering... an athletic QB with the ball in his hands is murder on the defense in these situations... the Seahawks are fucking horrible in short-yardage situations... could Tyrone Swoops be an option in a wildcat-like formation when we need a yard on 3rd down? Sure beats a swing route to Tyler Lockette 3rd and 3... me thinks.

I have to figure an athletic kid like this could get some reps on special teams and be used as this utility type runner on occasion... New Orleans runs a similar set with Taysom Hill out of BYU... I feel like the Hawks could use a similar wrinkle with Swoopes... why not?

Donn Beach

Re: Probably a dumb idea... but whatever.

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:00 am

you want to put him at qb on short yardage situations? So you want to have like an all RB backfield on short yardage. I am never ever, ever, taking the ball out of RW's hands no matter the situation, and here is another ever. First you are proclaiming a run play, you sure are not putting him in there to pass the ball. And he would give an advantage with a sneak play, I guess it eliminates RW getting hurt, i will give you that. But with everything else you are at a disadvantage, and i am not that big on sneak plays. Though you could almost use him as a decoy, they would have to be looking for him to take he ball but he could still hand off. Well, I was thinking dumb, but I can see some sort of quality to it. There is of course another issue, that being RW. We are electing you to go tell RW he is being taken out on short yardage plays. I mean i know what a great guy RW is, we will be viewing at a safe distance to watch you get your head pinched off

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Please, no effing Wildcat!

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:56 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:26 pm
Too late, I have already ordered you a Wild cat stuffed animal for Christmas!
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:29 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:56 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:26 pm
Too late, I have already ordered you a Wild cat stuffed animal for Christmas!
Good, I need something for target practice!