What is your most hated play in football

D-train

Re: What is your most hated play in football

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:00 pm

Insane that he gets cocky and in a risk taking mood when it comes to low % challenges but when it come to just needing to run it once or twice in the opponents territory on 3rd and 2 that they go with a sideways pass to a tiny guy covered by two defenders and a 50+ yd FG in the rain.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:51 pm

On the challenges, Carroll is getting advice from assistants who have the ability to look closly at the play. On the play calls on 3rd and short, i'm pretty sure that is 100% Schotty trying to be clever.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:08 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:54 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:51 pm
well i think that is how PC seems to do it, and yea he wins
That doesn't really connect where stalling yourself inside your own five-yard line is concerned. I know you're just being contrarian, but that doesn't make any sense at all.
If memory serves, Pete said after the game that he blew that - said it was the perfect spot to take the safety instead of gifting them the short field.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:01 pm

Yep, because the only options are punt from deep in the endzone or a safety. Only a crazy person would try to get a damn first down! :shock:

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:48 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:01 pm
Yep, because the only options are punt from deep in the endzone or a safety. Only a crazy person would try to get a damn first down! :shock:
That might involve a pass and we all know our QB throws at least one INT every seven games. Way too risky.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:54 pm

One of the best QBs in the game, a guy being mentioned as an MVP canidate, and he is 19th in pass attempts per game. What are we afraid of? Shoot, before we decided we couldn't run the ball against Baltimore, I wonder where he ranked? He is 13th in yards per game, which tells me there are plenty of guys throwing it more and producing less. Do we really think his production would go down if we let him try a few 4th downs to ice a game? To give him a shot at a conversion when we are inside our own territory?

The two forth and shorts we passed on for missed FGs are bad enough, but remember the 4th down play we DID try against the Rams? How about the 3rd and short that we turned into an option to a WR, or the sideways pass last week on 3rd. I don't get it. Let him make a play.

Be run first, that is fine. I don't expect him to be top 5 in attempts per game, nor do I want him to be. Carson is too good and the line in the past has been better at run blocking than pass pro. But can we at least try to convert third downs? Can we at least get creative a little bit? I don't know many Seahawk fans that can't watch the game and have a pretty good idea pre snap what is coming. You think maybe the DC getting paid to break it down might also?