Not all bad

trharder

Not all bad

Post by trharder » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:11 am

We won. I get the frustration. I was complaining in the second half too.

The announcers were saying this has been the Falcon MO all year. Fall behind and then make an encouraging comeback that falls short.
You can't just forget the first half. Both the offense and defense looked good in the first half. RW laid some dimes today. Especially to
Lockett. All three LBs made plays today. Penny ran for 55 yards on 8 carries. Griffin 26 had one of his best games. The rookie Marquise
Blair is just what we thought when we drafted him. I saw Blair completely whiff on a tackle, but that thumper aggressive play is the
type of player on defense we had when we had the best defense in the NFL. His forced fumble, whether real or not, might have won the
game. I predict he will soon be ejected from a game, however.

D-train

Re: Not all bad

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:47 am

trharder wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:11 am

The announcers were saying this has been the Falcon MO all year. Fall behind and then make an encouraging comeback that falls short.
You can't just forget the first half. Both the offense and defense looked good in the first half. RW laid some dimes today. Especially to
Lockett. All three LBs made plays today. Penny ran for 55 yards on 8 carries. Griffin 26 had one of his best games. The rookie Marquise
Blair is just what we thought when we drafted him. I saw Blair completely whiff on a tackle, but that thumper aggressive play is the
type of player on defense we had when we had the best defense in the NFL. His forced fumble, whether real or not, might have won the
Good points. There were definitely some great things in the first half and the kicking game was great especially in the second half. Just wish we could make it through a game without the coaching staff being stupid.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:52 am

To your point on Blair:
Larry Stone
@StoneLarry
·
35m
Shaquill Griffin said a big difference between Earl Thomas and Marquise Blair is what they'd do given a choice between a big hit or an interception. "Blair is going to go for the hit every time, Earl is going to do a little bit of both, but he's going to go for the ball."
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:39 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:47 am
trharder wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:11 am

Good points. There were definitely some great things in the first half and the kicking game was great especially in the second half. Just wish we could make it through a game without the coaching staff being stupid.
Should have added the punter and kicker were spot on. Good call. Pete and staff do do stupid shite to complain about pretty much every game. I can't even argue that except to say I really don't have the balls to even think I want a change there. The Seahawks have been too competitive for too long for my fan brain to want to take that chance on the devil you don't know.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:46 am

Very reasonable position without a doubt. If we can get the usual second half improvement we should easily make the playoff and hopefully catch the 49ers.
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:23 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:46 am
Very reasonable position without a doubt. If we can get the usual second half improvement we should easily make the playoff and hopefully catch the 49ers.
When the Seahawks have two games on the remaining schedule against the 49ers, they are very catchable. Just beat them twice and win the
division. I'm not necessarily predicting that, but I'm not kidding either. If, hypothetically, we get beat twice by the 49ers, we don't deserve to
be in the playoffs this year anyway. And wouldn't go far even if we do get a WC or whatever. You know competing Pete isn't worried about playing
them. We gottem just where we want them. The Seahawks still control their destiny.

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:23 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:47 am
I concur. They only seem to game plan for one half of a game instead of both. Well, they're going to have to prepare themselves for the entire game since the second half of the schedule is one of the toughest in the league. I know they play their best football down the home stretch so hope they keep that going.