I think it's over

Michael K.

Re: I think it's over

Post by Michael K. » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:35 am

ThePro wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:21 pm
Except for the fact they didn't run it twelve times. No one does. Like I said I don't understand the obsession with that play by some on the forum.
Did you watch that game? They dialed up screen just about every time they needed something. And it rarely didnt work.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:17 am

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:45 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:10 pm
You put New England in NFC West and no one is talking about the genius of Bill Belichick.
you are not talking overall record there?, I don't think his reputation as a coach is based on only this season. You seem intent on trying to convince yourself he is overrated, its fine with me if you want to believe that. I am finding it hard to see myself. If Belichick was in the NFC west i see no reason not to believe he have the same reputation as a coach. See no reason to assume otherwise.
Playing 3 perennially awful teams in your division for 2+ decades has to have added numerous wins to his resume that would have been extremely difficult to get in virtually every other division in football. The Jets, Dolphins and Bills have combined for something like 15 winning seasons and 45 losing seasons over the last 20 years.

Obviously Belli is a great coach... but arguing he would have had the same success outside of the AFC East as he's had is a stretch. The only division in football where there has been literally 0 parity minus like 2 good Jet's years is the AFC East... and it's because 3 of the teams are laughing stocks.
I don't know who is arguing he would have the same success, but he would still be successful, Yeah he has a 86-24 record against the East and a 134-44 against everybody else. The best record for a coach in his conference and the best record for a coach outside his conference, he has 25 more non conference wins than any other coach. He beats whoever is put in front of him. I have no reason to believe he wouldn't continue to beat them no matter where he coached, his record would be different, but I see no reason to see why his reputation would be. That implies he would somehow be exposed if he coached somewhere else, but i don't see any evidence of that.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:04 am

ThePro wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:47 pm
Donn Beach wrote:

you are not talking overall record there?, I don't think his reputation as a coach is based on only this season. You seem intent on trying to convince yourself he is overrated, its fine with me if you want to believe that. I am finding it hard to see myself. If Belichick was in the NFC west i see no reason not to believe he have the same reputation as a coach. See no reason to assume otherwise.
It has nothing to do with trying to tarnish the legacy of Belichick. Better competition. Harder to get a playoff berth. No way he has the same success in this division.

I am saying before Belichick fan boys fawn over them this year at least wait til they play a competitive football team.
OK, i don't listen to the media, you could be getting Belichick overload. I was gonna give you that if he coached someplace else there could be less of a rockstar aspect to it. I was thinking in terms of his reputation of being the best coach in football. I see a guy that is no matter where he is coaching. And we are leaving out the GM side of things, he is a pretty good one of those too.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:20 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:04 am

OK, i don't listen to the media, you could be getting Belichick overload. I was gonna give you that if he coached someplace else there could be less of a rockstar aspect to it. I was thinking in terms of his reputation of being the best coach in football. I see a guy that is no matter where he is coaching. And we are leaving out the GM side of things, he is a pretty good one of those too.
Media? I'm talking about this forum.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:03 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:04 am
ThePro wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:47 pm
Donn Beach wrote:

It has nothing to do with trying to tarnish the legacy of Belichick. Better competition. Harder to get a playoff berth. No way he has the same success in this division.

I am saying before Belichick fan boys fawn over them this year at least wait til they play a competitive football team.
Everywhere except Cleveland where he was 36-44.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:28 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:22 pm
I predict we beat the Falcons and Tampa and the 49ers lose to either AZ or Carolina and we go into the MNF match up of the season with a chance to seize control of the Division.
I was just thinking about my prediction. AZ off to a solid start.
dt