Monday night in New Jersey Game thread

Sexymarinersfan

Re: Monday night in New Jersey Game thread

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:18 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:08 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:29 am
Also zero issues with the law and no videos flashing gang signs after he was drafted and paid millions.

I loved this pick. Many in here have bitched about the Seahawks sticking to a model. Corners have to have arms this long and look like this. Besides Sherman and to a lesser extent Woolen? How has that paid off. This dude plays fucking football. And the bitching about moving inside? Like I said this summer, why WOULDN'T we want a dude that tackles like him to be closer to the ball?
I always felt our defense was at its best when we had an Enforcer, or a guy playing out of his mind at the Nickel position. The fact that this kid hasn't played very much at this position, even in college is a testament to his athletic ability.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:19 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:02 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:37 am
Cascade Kid wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:45 am
So much for all those who said Spoon is an undersized and overrated draft pick :mrgreen:
Who said that? I think everybody has been pretty much on board with the Witherspoon pick.
It goes beyond this forum, but if we were to cast a spotlight there were a couple in here early on that didn't feel too excited with DW as our 5th pick. Most in this forum has been supportive of Spoon and sees his potential. However, outside of this forum there were many that believed he was too small to play this physical at his size in this league.
Gotcha! I know there were a lot of people on Twitter who were pissed off about this pick. That's for sure

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:16 am

Cascade Kid wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:02 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:37 am
Cascade Kid wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:45 am
So much for all those who said Spoon is an undersized and overrated draft pick :mrgreen:
Who said that? I think everybody has been pretty much on board with the Witherspoon pick.
It goes beyond this forum, but if we were to cast a spotlight there were a couple in here early on that didn't feel too excited with DW as our 5th pick. Most in this forum has been supportive of Spoon and sees his potential. However, outside of this forum there were many that believed he was too small to play this physical at his size in this league.
I'll fess up to that - mostly because i hated to be that wrong about Pete and the draft. But that was all without ever seeing him in action. Literally defies logic that a man that thin could produce that much violent power as he does - only comp i can recall is Bob Sanders for the Colts, or perhaps as Pete says, Polamalu. That's a special class indeed.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:52 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:22 pm
How about Wagner's game - 17 tackles 2 sacks?
I told my son last night….finally! The Rams let him play moving ahead and not on his heels, and he resurrected his career. Then he came here and we had him back in backpedal mode. I didn’t get it.

douche

Post by douche » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:26 pm

I really hope the big road win against the Giants will be the catalyst this team needs. And I sure hope they don't become complacent after a blowout victory.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:54 pm

Thought that was an interesting comment on the oline play
Tip of the cap to (head coach) Pete Carroll and (general manager) John Schneider and their ability to create guys – and not only create guys that can play, but also call a game,” he said.

The man responsible for the offensive playcalling is offensive coordinator Shane Waldron, who is in his third year in the position with Seattle.
“Shane Waldron (can) call a game where the ball gets out of your hand quickly, where you’re still running the ball, where you’re not having those guys play on the high dive for 50, 60, 70 plays as opposed to what the Giants did,” Schlereth said.

That’s an important comparison, because the Giants’ O-line was also banged up on Monday, though not as much as Seattle’s. New York had a pretty tough time making due, allowing 11 sacks, which tied a single-game record for the Seahawks.

“I always say this about offensive line play and playcallers: if you allow your guys to give up seven to eight sacks, you (stink) as a playcaller,” Schlereth said. “Forget the guys up front, you’re a horrible playcaller.”