So much consternation, fretting and stressing all for not

D-train

Re: So much consternation, fretting and stressing all for not

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:13 pm

dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:11 pm

I'm surprised about Ryan Neal. I wonder if there's more to the story on him currently.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:47 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:13 pm
Remember not that long ago when some wondered how in the world we would get by with what we have on defense? I never got it. The guys we had sucked at their jobs. I don't care if the 3 4 scheme was the reason or not. They didn't get the job done. Anyone that played on that defense last year should feel lucky to have any job in the NFL right now, but they sure as fuck shouldn't have felt like they deserved a job here.

It is often that I misremember these days. But besides DJ Reed, I can't really think of a guy we have lost recently on defense that I would really want back. I mean, other than Wagner, and even he is iffy. I like using him the way the Rams did, the way we used him against the Giants. I was pretty annoyed with the way we used him in week 1 and a few times after as well.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:16 pm

Is it interesting, you got a post Brady belichick rumored close to being fired and a post RW PC flying high. Don't think anybody would have predicted it that way.

Checkout baker Mayfield

https://twitter.com/i/status/1701339836215595304

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:50 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:13 pm
1. We all know how I feel about Barton. Beyond bad. Good special teamer, though.
2. Ryan Neal can play. Not sure what the issue is this year, maybe new system, not knowing his guys, whatever, but I am confident he'll recover.
3. Poona has been going downhill for a couple of years. Maybe PC/JS know something about when players' expiration dates are close.
4. Al Woods is a specialty player. He takes up a blockers and space, once in a while makes a play. That will never be graded well in PFF, but it's important for defenses. He's like 50 years old, though. Jefferson never was any good.