DK's Brain

SeattleAddict

Re: DK's Brain

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:10 am

what the hell? That chart is wonky. TO was multiple time All-Pro and many pro bowls, and a member of the all-decade team. It's also misleading, as it cherry-picked the first 4 years of T.O.'s career - it was year 5 where he broke out and became a superstar, going for 5000+ the next 3 years. He barely played his rookie year, so that skews it, too.

There have been quite a few nutjob star WRs, though. TO, A. Brown... but not 80%. If you include guys with attitude like Baldwin and S. Smith maybe it's like 10% at most. Seems like there might be a fine line of diva-ness between greatness and lunacy.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:13 am

Nothing is skewed, it's comparing the first four seasons of TO's career to the first four seasons of DK's. Fact is DK has had a very productive early part to his career
Metcalf joined Galloway, Randy Moss, A.J. Green and Michael Thomas as the only wideouts in league history to record at least 50 receptions, 900 yards and 5 touchdowns in each of their first four seasons.

maoling

Post by maoling » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:53 pm

Watched Murph's quick game analysis last night and this was a glaring stat. WTF is going on with the Geno-DK connection?

Geno targeted him 14 times yesterday for a grand total of 5 receptions. He isn't having any problem connecting with any other receiver; here's is the breakdown:

Lockett 8 receptions, 9 targets

DK 5/14

JSN 3/4

Bobo 2/2

Fant 2/3

Charbonnet 2/2

Walker 1/2

Are they trying to keep DK happy and forcing the ball to him? Geno was 23/36 yesterday for 254 yards. Throw out DK's stat line and Geno is 18-22 for the day. Something is wonky. I saw Dk make good blocks yesterday and not lose his mind at a critical time, so that is encouraging. But I don't know how he can be targeted so often with such poor results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORVF_rukyFY

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:56 pm

maoling wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:53 pm
Watched Murph's quick game analysis last night and this was a glaring stat. WTF is going on with the Geno-DK connection?

Geno targeted him 14 times yesterday for a grand total of 5 receptions. He isn't having any problem connecting with any other receiver; here's is the breakdown:

Lockett 8 receptions, 9 targets

DK 5/14

JSN 3/4

Bobo 2/2

Fant 2/3

Charbonnet 2/2

Walker 1/2

Are they trying to keep DK happy and forcing the ball to him? Geno was 23/36 yesterday for 254 yards. Throw out DK's stat line and Geno is 18-22 for the day. Something is wonky. I saw Dk make good blocks yesterday and not lose his mind at a critical time, so that is encouraging. But I don't know how he can be targeted so often with such poor results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORVF_rukyFY
It is because they keep having him running those ridic fade routes instead of crossing routes over the middle and other higher % routes like TL runs...
dt

maoling

Post by maoling » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:02 pm

It is because they keep having him running those ridic fade routes instead of crossing routes over the middle and other higher % routes like TL runs...

So why the fuck are they doing that if it isn't working? I'd like to see more quick passes to our big tight ends also. To me, our offense clicks when they are involved more often.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:07 pm

maoling wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:02 pm

So why the fuck are they doing that if it isn't working? I'd like to see more quick passes to our big tight ends also. To me, our offense clicks when they are involved more often.
I’m afraid you’d have to ask them. There really is no explanation for what they choose to do on offense right now. The second half was so incredibly bad yesterday, and to completely abandon the run in a game you never failed by more than 3? 119 yards on 13 carries by the backs? Fucking stupid. Shit like that got Schotty fired. I don’t get what is going on in Pete’s head right now.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:14 pm

I saw Geno threw two passes at DK's feet, along with about three other passes to other's that looked awkward coming out of Geno's hand. And Geno overthrew a jump ball that should have been thrown back-shoulder. It really seemed Geno was just throwing DK's way as if he was trying to meet a quota.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:20 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:14 pm
I saw Geno threw two passes at DK's feet, along with about three other passes to other's that looked awkward coming out of Geno's hand. And Geno overthrew a jump ball that should have been thrown back-shoulder. It really seemed Geno was just throwing DK's way as if he was trying to meet a quota.
I think some of the ones he throws over his head are simply throw aways. Maybe that is what the ones at his feet are too? Geno's decision making and accuracy are both pretty poor right now, so I fall short of blaming DK for any of this. It's not like when Russ was here when Russ would ignore DK for three quarters, DK would throw a fit and then Russ would force it to him. This feels different. Like Geno is just a below average NFL QB and this is what it is.