Well, at least one of our teams does something at the trade dealine!

D-train

Re: Well, at least one of our teams does something at the trade dealine!

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:44 pm

He makes some great throw and also makes some head scratching decisions. He has an imperfect team in 1st place over a team people thought were going to go undefeated this years so that's good.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:45 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:32 pm
Yet we have the libs crying that wealthy people don't pay their fair share. This guy probably paid more in that pay period than most of them do in their lifetimes.....
The issue isn't just "rich", it's business owners that don't pay because they stomp their feet and threaten to leave. I don't think individuals that make a lot of money are the problem, as they don't find the loopholes.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:46 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:44 pm
He makes some great throw and also makes some head scratching decisions. He has an imperfect team in 1st place over a team people thought were going to go undefeated this years so that's good.
Again, sounds like a guy that should be helped out by his OC with the Run Game? Especially when we have two studs at the RB position, and, IMO, a VERY good defense. It amazes me that turnover phobic Pete is OK with how Waldron is calling games.

douche

Post by douche » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:04 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:45 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:32 pm
Yet we have the libs crying that wealthy people don't pay their fair share. This guy probably paid more in that pay period than most of them do in their lifetimes.....
The issue isn't just "rich", it's business owners that don't pay because they stomp their feet and threaten to leave. I don't think individuals that make a lot of money are the problem, as they don't find the loopholes.
First off, are professional athletes wealthy? I would consider them to be rich, but not wealthy. As you mentioned, the truly wealthy likely DON'T pay their fair share of taxes due to loopholes, shell companies, offshore accounts, etc. So in reality highly paid athletes are still taxpayers. But it's ridiculous to think that an athlete has to forfeit 50% of his earnings to tax.

Which leads to the big question... where is all that tax money going? Well, to war torn countries of course. And the pockets of crooked politicians.