Mid Season Mock Draft

Seattle or Bust

Mid Season Mock Draft

Post by Seattle or Bust » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:48 am

Hawks trade down do the late first and add a 2nd rounder lost in the trade to NYG.

Hawks get their QB of the future in Michael Penix. Geno is terrible and there's no way they're paying him to play QB next year.

Michael Hall is a significant pass rusher from the inside for a great OSU defense.

Cole Bishop is a stud on the back end for Utah. Hawks need safety depth and I wouldn't be shocked if Diggs is cut.

Braswell is the next solid pass rusher from Bama. Finally getting the chance to start, he shows incredible speed off the edge and has 7 sacks in '23.

Coleman is a mid-season All American tackle at TCU but is projected to slide inside to guard.

Dumas Johnson is a bit undersized but a leader for a Georgia defense that has been very good for the last number of seasons.

Nugent give the Hawks a center of the future as Evan Brown was in on just a 1-year deal.

acctingman

Re: Mid Season Mock Draft

Post by acctingman » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:02 am

no way in hell Penix goes at #31. He's an early MAYBE mid first rounder

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:21 am

acctingman wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:02 am
I don't know but you have:
Bo Nix (O)
Pennix (UW)
Caleb Williams (USC)
Jordan Travis (FSU)
Jayden Daniels (LSU)

I would say those are the top 5 although I don't know how much Jordan's horrible looking injury effects his draft stock.
After those top 5 it drops off pretty steeply with guys like:
Drake May (NC)
Cam Rising (Utah) (Injured)
Sam Hartman (ND)
DJ Uiagalelei (OSU)
Cam Ward (WSU)

I guess I may have a little West Coast Pac 12 bias. I list the top 10 QBs in my opinion and 6/10 are Pac 12 boys. but 4/5 top 5 passers by yards are Pac 12 QBs.

Does anybody like Sheduer Sanders from Colorado? I have not watched him play much.
I have watched the the BIG10 guys from Penn St., Ohio, and UM but their QBs don't impress me much at all. The only possible exception is Kyle McCord.

But maybe my viewing has been slanted because I only see the biggest games from other conferences. Am I missing any outstanding QBs?

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:54 pm

Pharmabro wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:21 am
acctingman wrote:
I don't know but you have:
Bo Nix (O)
Pennix (UW)
Caleb Williams (USC)
Jordan Travis (FSU)
Jayden Daniels (LSU)

I would say those are the top 5 although I don't know how much Jordan's horrible looking injury effects his draft stock.
After those top 5 it drops off pretty steeply with guys like:
Drake May (NC)
Cam Rising (Utah) (Injured)
Sam Hartman (ND)
DJ Uiagalelei (OSU)
Cam Ward (WSU)

I guess I may have a little West Coast Pac 12 bias. I list the top 10 QBs in my opinion and 6/10 are Pac 12 boys. but 4/5 top 5 passers by yards are Pac 12 QBs.

Does anybody like Sheduer Sanders from Colorado? I have not watched him play much.
I have watched the the BIG10 guys from Penn St., Ohio, and UM but their QBs don't impress me much at all. The only possible exception is Kyle McCord.

But maybe my viewing has been slanted because I only see the biggest games from other conferences. Am I missing any outstanding QBs?

Drake Maye will most likely be the 2nd QB off the board, no way he's in the next tier. Now Cam Rising is not an option, he's going back to Utah.

I think it is becoming very obvious that we do not have a QB that can lead us to any sort of success in the playoffs. We have to look at somebody new. But, is Sunshine Pete willing to do that?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:06 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:48 am

Hawks trade down do the late first and add a 2nd rounder lost in the trade to NYG.

Hawks get their QB of the future in Michael Penix. Geno is terrible and there's no way they're paying him to play QB next year.

Michael Hall is a significant pass rusher from the inside for a great OSU defense.

Cole Bishop is a stud on the back end for Utah. Hawks need safety depth and I wouldn't be shocked if Diggs is cut.

Braswell is the next solid pass rusher from Bama. Finally getting the chance to start, he shows incredible speed off the edge and has 7 sacks in '23.

Coleman is a mid-season All American tackle at TCU but is projected to slide inside to guard.

Dumas Johnson is a bit undersized but a leader for a Georgia defense that has been very good for the last number of seasons.

Nugent give the Hawks a center of the future as Evan Brown was in on just a 1-year deal.
I know Penix and thats it but looks good.

Definitely need younger and better and more reliable safeties.

Can't go wrong with more pass rushers to pair with Mafe

Fills lots of holes. Can't believe we will need a Center again.....
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:07 pm

acctingman wrote:
You are the only one on the planet projecting him as an early first rounder. Low 20s is the highest I have seen.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:16 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:06 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:

Using 181 on a Center isn't that big of a deal, really. It's not like you don't need backups. I guess the issue would be, who'd we pass on? At 181 I can't see it being that big of a deal.

I like that draft, but as someone else said earlier, I don't know much about a lot of the guys. I do love that simulator though...as that is the biggest reason I end up knowing who these guys are by the time the draft starts....because I spend WAY to much time on this thing! LOL

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:47 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:07 pm
acctingman wrote:
You are the only one on the planet projecting him as an early first rounder. Low 20s is the highest I have seen.

I've seen quite a few boards that have him mid-round 2.
But if taken by the Hawks at the end of the 1st, it wouldn't be their worst pick in the 1st round.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:54 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:16 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:06 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:

Using 181 on a Center isn't that big of a deal, really. It's not like you don't need backups. I guess the issue would be, who'd we pass on? At 181 I can't see it being that big of a deal.

I like that draft, but as someone else said earlier, I don't know much about a lot of the guys. I do love that simulator though...as that is the biggest reason I end up knowing who these guys are by the time the draft starts....because I spend WAY to much time on this thing! LOL
I was just saying I forgot Brown was on a 1 year deal so we will likely need a center again....
dt

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:43 am

They could end up drafting Jayden Daniels if they drop 5 more games