Hawks vs Hams (or Lambs) game thread part 2

Donn Beach

Re: Hawks vs Hams (or Lambs) game thread part 2

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:42 pm

Doesn't have to do with the Rams game, couldn't remember where we were discussing canning Pete

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:43 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:42 pm
Doesn't have to do with the Rams game, couldn't remember where we were discussing canning Pete
lol pick a thread any thread! ;)
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:59 pm

I looked over the recent threads for a minute, none seemed particularly relevant. Should I have started a thread?

What you think about Quinn as the next HC?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:55 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:59 pm
I looked over the recent threads for a minute, none seemed particularly relevant. Should I have started a thread?

What you think about Quinn as the next HC?
I think we were talking about it in the 49ers thread. You could have started a new one. Not a big deal.

Yeah, I think he might be a good choice. His first run was actually better than PCs with the Jets and Pats.

Had a couple good season with the Falcons before Petering (pardon the pun) out....43-42 overall.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... uinDa0.htm
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:11 pm

Actually I was thinking this was the 49er thread. Yeah, Quinn took them to the SB then lost that huge lead, that soured things I bet. And he's been really successful with the cowboys, hadn't realized how much, asst coach of the year. He's gonna get another shot one would think

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:22 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:11 pm
Actually I was thinking this was the 49er thread. Yeah, Quinn took them to the SB then lost that huge lead, that soured things I bet. And he's been really successful with the cowboys, hadn't realized how much, asst coach of the year. He's gonna get another shot one would think
Oh yeah. What was a worse way to lose? Our SB loss or theirs. Both horrid but theirs probably worse. I have talked to people here that actually stopped watching the game an left the house and had to race back to the TV after getting calls from Friends and family. lol
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:12 am

Reich replacement possibilities, if I'm Quinn believe I'm passing on that opportunity
Quinn, the former Atlanta Falcons head coach, could be the hottest retread commodity on the market this offseason. He’s got plenty experience as a head coach, and he has turned the Dallas Cowboys’ defense into one of the elite groups in the league. Quinn is known for emotional intelligence as leader and his efficient game plans on defense. If the Panthers are open-minded to another defensive-minded head coach, Quinn should be around the top of their list. Ultimately, Quinn should have plenty of options in January.
Article critiques pretty much every possible coach

Even Shane Waldron
Waldron oversaw the miraculous run by Geno Smith last season. While his 2023 offense isn’t much to write home about, Waldron has still had a successful run in Seattle. While Tepper might want to avoid the Seahawks model, Waldron has shown the ability to anchor a solid-to-strong offense in the NFL.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo ... 01247.html