Re: Thiel with a good piece on DK

Post by D-train » Fri May 17, 2019 2:21 am

57reasons wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:54 am
ThePro wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:23 pm
Oso Dorado wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:24 pm
Jazz Ferguson is 6'5". That's not so small either.
You missed the point.. No one is saying Ferguson is "Too big" to run routes That's exactly what some are saying about Metcalf.
dating myself, but i think many originally thought the same of Christian Okoye at RB too. those were some frustrating years watching the Nigerian Nightmare steamroll Joe Nash, Jeff Bryant, a linebacker and safety down after down when everyone knew it was coming.
Guess who old he is now. Yep....57. :)
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri May 17, 2019 9:36 am

if they are saying too big I think that be more muscle bound than his actual size, the deal with DK is agility, that us what is questioned, his poor agility performances at the combine
From that point on though, Metcalf would struggle. In his three-cone drill, he ran 7.38s. In his short-shuttle, he posted 4.50s. Both of these were worrisome, as they were good for just the 2nd and 3rd percentile among wide receivers.

The slower times have raised some concerns about his lack of flexibility, or “stiffness.” Since he was widely used as a vertical wide receiver at Ole Miss, the perception is because he lacked the hip flexibility necessary for a full route tree.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/ar ... -a-concern

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri May 17, 2019 11:45 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:36 am
if they are saying too big I think that be more muscle bound than his actual size, the deal with DK is agility, that us what is questioned, his poor agility performances at the combine
From that point on though, Metcalf would struggle. In his three-cone drill, he ran 7.38s. In his short-shuttle, he posted 4.50s. Both of these were worrisome, as they were good for just the 2nd and 3rd percentile among wide receivers.

The slower times have raised some concerns about his lack of flexibility, or “stiffness.” Since he was widely used as a vertical wide receiver at Ole Miss, the perception is because he lacked the hip flexibility necessary for a full route tree.
It was a joke... key word being was. Just stop. :roll:

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Fri May 17, 2019 1:47 pm

Go-Go-Godzilla!

Jack Merridew

Post by Jack Merridew » Fri May 17, 2019 3:50 pm

I was trying to find some combine data for Calvin Johnson, but apparently he didn't even bother with the 3-cone and 20 yard shuttle.

Another thing that was surprising: Russell Wilson has a larger hand size than both DK Metcalf and Calvin Johnson!

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 pm

Jack Merridew wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:50 pm
I was trying to find some combine data for Calvin Johnson, but apparently he didn't even bother with the 3-cone and 20 yard shuttle.

Another thing that was surprising: Russell Wilson has a larger hand size than both DK Metcalf and Calvin Johnson!
Silly to expect a WR that size to run a 3 cone drill?
Why would you want a bigger WR to make cuts like that? Oh well I'm glad it happened. I thought Metcalf was going in the top 15. I watched his combine. Never in my wildest dreams did I think he would be a Seahawk.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri May 17, 2019 4:00 pm

ThePro wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:45 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:36 am

It was a joke... key word being was. Just stop. :roll:
dumb joke...key word being if..how about you stopping

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri May 17, 2019 4:06 pm

ThePro wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 pm
Jack Merridew wrote:

Silly to expect a WR that size to run a 3 cone drill?
Why would you want a bigger WR to make cuts like that? Oh well I'm glad it happened. I thought Metcalf was going in the top 15. I watched his combine. Never in my wildest dreams did I think he would be a Seahawk.
that is the thing, he was already discounted for it, the Hawks got him in second round. The pick doesn't turn on them hoping he can cut or not, it turns on them finding ways to utilize his talent. Its not going to be about putting his talent in a certain box, its going to be about building a box for him

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 17, 2019 4:11 pm

Jack Merridew wrote:

And we thought the reason Ciara is always smiling in the Instagram vids is because of the large diamonds. :)
dt

maoling

Post by maoling » Fri May 17, 2019 4:41 pm

Oso Dorado wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:47 pm
Go-Go-Godzilla!
Thank you for reminding me of my deep reverence for Blue Oyster Cult.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=blue+oyst ... lang=en-US