Pick you poison poll

Door 1 or Door 2

only win 1 more game and finish 7-10 and have a top 10 pick in which we pick a QB with the potential to be a franchise QB. PC ERA ends.
73%
Win 4 more games and make the playoffs at 10-7 and win one game in the playoffs. With the #23 pick we draft the 1st Guard taken. PC Era continues.
27%

Total votes: 15

Sexymarinersfan

Re: Pick you poison poll

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:25 pm

Pharmabro wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 am
at 6-7 we are now tied with about 1/2 a dozen teams for the last wildcard. But, it looks like we are a QB away from being a true contender. We did play the Cowboys and the Niners well enough to win but we had some bad pussy play calls around mid field to just punt away and the Hawks had to be a lil more of a go-for-it.
Geno was the best ranked player on the field for the Cowboys game. I think they need more than just a QB. They need a new identity. Head Coach, OC, DC, etc. In my opinion, or trenches are the reason why we are mediocr, and that comes from drafting and coaching.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:34 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:21 pm
Pharmabro wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:08 am
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:51 pm
I would rather have a high draft pick. But I am not sold on it spelling the end of the Pete Carroll era, nor am I positive it should. My hope would be that it wakes his ass up, he realizes it is time to stop meddling in the shit he isn't good at and surrounds himself with great minds that he actually empowers to use their great minds. I don't see it though. I am actually a little scared of what a rebuild could mean. I mean, they really have deviated from past draft strategies....no reaches, not trade backs. If they did that for two years in a row and it got us here? We might see them go full on against the grain mode like they have in the past. That worked....like ten or twelve years ago, and they held on to it forever.

I think this team is a few things short of being right back in the hunt for the division. A good OC, a good DC and a good QB. Since I don't think any of those three is going to be coming around to save us next year? I am a bit worried about the future. I was real high on CJ Stroud going into last year, and was positive we had no shot at him. I didn't really like the others, TBH. Doesn't it seem that this year's class is similar? Williams and a bunch of guys? We aren't getting Williams.

I do agree with Sexy though, and the Daniels kid looks legit. Maybe we luck out and get him? Penix has taken an absolute nosedive, I am not sold on Maye, and really don't think there is any others that change the game. Sanders? Fuck no.
Bo Nix has an accurate arm. He is a decent enough athlete.
Williams, Daniels, Nix, Maye, Penix
This would probably be my top 5.
Respectfully, there is no way Bo Nix should be ranked above Drake Maye. Not only does Maye have the best arm in this draft class, he's number one in deep balls thrown in the NCAA this season. I like Bo Nix, but I don't know how his game will translate to the NFL. Maye is a much more sure fire prospect, and it's not even close. There are rumblings that Maye could go #1 overall to the Bears. Nix isn't even in the same conversation and will be lucky to be drafted in the 2nd round.

Tier 1:
Caleb Williams
Drake Maye

Tier 2:
Jayden Daniels

Tier 3:
Bo Nix
Michael Penix
J.J. McCarthy

Tier 4:
Spencer Rattler
Carson Beck
Nix is a joke but Hawks might pick him because he is a sideways pass guru. :lol: :lol: :lol:
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:13 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:34 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:21 pm
Pharmabro wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:08 am

Bo Nix has an accurate arm. He is a decent enough athlete.
Williams, Daniels, Nix, Maye, Penix
This would probably be my top 5.
Respectfully, there is no way Bo Nix should be ranked above Drake Maye. Not only does Maye have the best arm in this draft class, he's number one in deep balls thrown in the NCAA this season. I like Bo Nix, but I don't know how his game will translate to the NFL. Maye is a much more sure fire prospect, and it's not even close. There are rumblings that Maye could go #1 overall to the Bears. Nix isn't even in the same conversation and will be lucky to be drafted in the 2nd round.

Tier 1:
Caleb Williams
Drake Maye

Tier 2:
Jayden Daniels

Tier 3:
Bo Nix
Michael Penix
J.J. McCarthy

Tier 4:
Spencer Rattler
Carson Beck
Nix is a joke but Hawks might pick him because he is a sideways pass guru. :lol: :lol: :lol:
If that happens I will be pissed! I'm ready to give up on Seattle franchises lol :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:38 pm

Better chance Nix is undrafted than a 1st rounder. Dude must live too close to the Oregon border.

Btw I just coined the perfect description for Oregon fans. Duckleheads. lol
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:10 am

Nix is Johny Manziel in Tim Tebow's body. He'll have a very similar pro career.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:19 pm

dt

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:47 pm

I think there's only one elite level NFL QB in this draft in Caleb Williams. If JJ McCarthy declares he would be my #2 option, in which case could be obtainable pretty much anywhere in the 1st round. But I think McCarthy goes back for his senior year to increase his stock. He made great strides in cleaning up his footwork from 2022 to 2023 which gave his comp% a significant bump. So, another year with Michigan is my prediction with him.

Otherwise, I think Drake Maye might be gone around #10, but won't go in the top 5. In my eyes Maye will be an average QB at best. Jayden Daniels I think will fall out of the top 15. He will be interesting as long as he has healthy legs, but I would not count on his arm to provide consistant game winning drives. He looks to be on a Baker Mayfield trajectory.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:38 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:47 pm
I think there's only one elite level NFL QB in this draft in Caleb Williams. If JJ McCarthy declares he would be my #2 option, in which case could be obtainable pretty much anywhere in the 1st round. But I think McCarthy goes back for his senior year to increase his stock. He made great strides in cleaning up his footwork from 2022 to 2023 which gave his comp% a significant bump. So, another year with Michigan is my prediction with him.

Otherwise, I think Drake Maye might be gone around #10, but won't go in the top 5. In my eyes Maye will be an average QB at best. Jayden Daniels I think will fall out of the top 15. He will be interesting as long as he has healthy legs, but I would not count on his arm to provide consistant game winning drives. He looks to be on a Baker Mayfield trajectory.
You are the only guy saying that about Maye. About a third of scouts have him slightly ahead of Williams, but almost unanimously he is at least number 1A. Barring injury 95% they go 1-2 in the draft; no position player, however good (Marvin Harrison) is going to break that up.

I also like Daniels in the top 5 or 10 at worst. He was talented from day 1 at ASU as a duel threat but really improved as a passer now - much more accomplished in that regard now than DeShaun Watson and Lamar Jackson were coming out of college. That kind of talent is way too valuable to slip out of the top 10 imho. Far more proven/polished than Richardson who went 4th last year.

Nix is intriguing to me as a first or second round option - yes, the short-passing yac game greatly inflates his gaudy accuracy figures and he greatly benefitted from incredible protection, but that doesnt mean he cant throw deep or handle pressure as some are suggesting. No he doesnt have the rocket laser arm of Penix, but his arm strength is at least average, combined with good size, speed, athleticism and instincts. From what i read at Auburn he had the opposite reputation of too often going for the big play over the open routes underneath, so also perhaps some recency bias in play. As a prospect to me he looks like a better version of Baker Mayfield.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:16 pm

57reasons wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:38 pm

You are the only guy saying that about Maye. About a third of scouts have him slightly ahead of Williams, but almost unanimously he is at least number 1A. Barring injury 95% they go 1-2 in the draft; no position player, however good (Marvin Harrison) is going to break that up.
I was the only guy last year that had Stroud over Young, so I'm ok with this. Maye isn't an accurate thrower, has a slow release, and with throw up a 50/50 ball without any consideration. I'm just not a believer. He's a poor man's Trevor Lawrence in my eyes. But we will see how it all pans out.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:20 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:16 pm
57reasons wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:38 pm

I was the only guy last year that had Stroud over Young, so I'm ok with this. Maye isn't an accurate thrower, has a slow release, and with throw up a 50/50 ball without any consideration. I'm just not a believer. He's a poor man's Trevor Lawrence in my eyes. But we will see how it all pans out.
I had Stroud over Young. In the contest I went with Young over Stroud because that is what ALL of the Tea Leaves and talking heads were saying. I can't believe the Panthers took Young. Idiots.
dt