Breaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pete is Canned!!!!!!!!!!!!

D-train

Re: Breaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pete is Canned!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:55 pm

Pete
BB
Saban

Is Lombardi going to come back to life and return again to complete the Mt Rushmore?
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:34 pm

The BB retirement is being covered on all network channels here preempting Day time TV. Potus Assignation level news event. lol
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:31 pm

Seems like JS may have won a quiet power struggle. This is all bittersweet. Love Carroll, but change was necessary. People dancing on his grave - just so tasteless.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:33 pm

auroraave wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:31 pm
Seems like JS may have won a quiet power struggle. This is all bittersweet. Love Carroll, but change was necessary. People dancing on his grave - just so tasteless.
Nobody dancing on his fucking grave. :roll: :roll: :roll:
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:34 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:32 pm
If we were on the baseball side, the last thing in the world you want us a rookie manager. In fact seems like the more experience the better. But when it comes to football experience becomes being a retread, and nobody wants a retread ... interesting.
Yeah, so odd that baseball and football are different. I mean, watching them, you would never know that!

What has changed about baseball? They raise the mound, add a clock to the pitcher, what else? They banned the shift. Seems to be about all the major changes since, what, the 60s?

The NFL changes all the time, and not only that, when something works, everyone adapts. You mind telling me the last innovative thing a baseball manager created? I mean, I totally forgot about the time that the Devil Rays created the Tampa 2. Oh, wait. Well, what about when the Giants manager designed the West Coast Offense? No? Was it when the Dodgers Manager had his team run a no huddle and talked to the Pitcher in his headset right up until communications had to be turned off. No? Not that either? I would actually debate that experience even matters in baseball, I mean, run the numbers and do what they numbers tell you. That's basically all they do, right?

The only thing interesting about baseball and football being different is that you find it interesting. Again, take a quick peak at the current head coaches, the jobs that are opening, and tell me what you see. Never mind, you won't.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:51 pm

The things that i speculate on as primary factors leading up to this:

1. Carrol's refusal to fire incomptent coordinators
2. Too many punks and headcases on the roster ( starting with Russell post 2017) or guys that just didn't appreciate how good they had it and on whom Carrol's messages were lost.

I wonder if Jodi gave him a choice between firing Waldren and Hurtt and losing his job as head coach.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:01 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:51 pm

2. Too many punks and headcases on the roster ( starting with Russell post 2017) or guys that just didn't appreciate how good they had it and on whom Carrol's messages were lost.

I wonder if Jodi gave him a choice between firing Waldren and Hurtt and losing his job as head coach.
If she had, he would still be HC.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:03 pm

Really moving tribute to BB! :cry: :cry: :cry:
dt

douche

Post by douche » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:06 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:51 pm

But are the coordinators incompetent? Or is it the guy who's in charge of the coordinators?

I don't think it's about punks or headcases, the players simply aren't being utilized properly. I applaud Jody for recognizing that they need a new voice and a new direction. And for recognizing that the team's potential fell short.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:17 pm

dt