Re: Who is the Hawks QB this year?

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:47 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:39 am
D-train wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:28 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:25 pm

Yeah, this is an opportunity to beef up the trenches and start fresh. There are so many good tackles on this draft, which is rare. We could definitely use one plus some much needed Guard depth. Take a shot on Spencer Rattler or Michael Pratt late in the draft.
D Tackles? They aren't moving on from Cross and Lucus. Lucus was good when healthy and I am sure he will be in 8 months.
There's a couple of D-tackles, but not any game changers. Guys that can be had in the 3rd round.
Maybe a new Coach will want another OT but I would be surprised. Guards and a Center sure but we aren't drafting one in the mid 1st round and we don't have any 2nd round picks so it will have to wait until the 78th pick to address the O line if we don't add picks.
dt

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:17 am

I don't care what you do? You gotta end up taking one of these coveted prized prospects here. It just makes too much damn sense.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:53 pm

I just looked at 5 Mock drafts and none have us taking a QB in the 1st round. If we don't take one in the first round then they aren't starting in 2024. That is why I chose Geno. A prediction not my preference obviously.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:36 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:53 pm
I just looked at 5 Mock drafts and none have us taking a QB in the 1st round. If we don't take one in the first round then they aren't starting in 2024. That is why I chose Geno. A prediction not my preference obviously.
I would put money they take a top QB prospect - I think that is a major reason Carroll is gone - having final say in personnel moves - he is why they have not adequately addressed the QB position and spends ridiculous amounts on the secondary. The new guy will be on the roster this season with the idea he (or she!) either wins the gig or learns unmder Geno. I think another season can be squeezed from Geno. carrolls roster mismanagement and absolute refusal to address the QB position with any long range planning is, IMO, a main reason he is gone. Geno cannot be the face of the franchise - even from a marketing standpoint. Remember - JS was already scouting top QB's 5 years ago - he knew the right guys to go after - seems Carroll was preventing that from happening. Th mocks know nothing. Half of them had seattle taking OT's the year after drafting two of them. They are clueless, lazy clickbait dbags

I still think this team is one more solid draft class away from being very formidable. They have talent - with just an average defense they are a ten win team. They are closer than people realize - wait until Nwoso is back and they extend Williams - that front will suddenly look pretty good. Now they need to upgrade the linebacking core.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:29 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:36 pm
D-train wrote:
I would put money they take a top QB prospect - I think that is a major reason Carroll is gone - having final say in personnel moves - he is why they have not adequately addressed the QB position and spends ridiculous amounts on the secondary. The new guy will be on the roster this season with the idea he (or she!) either wins the gig or learns unmder Geno. I think another season can be squeezed from Geno. carrolls roster mismanagement and absolute refusal to address the QB position with any long range planning is, IMO, a main reason he is gone. Geno cannot be the face of the franchise - even from a marketing standpoint. Remember - JS was already scouting top QB's 5 years ago - he knew the right guys to go after - seems Carroll was preventing that from happening. Th mocks know nothing. Half of them had seattle taking OT's the year after drafting two of them. They are clueless, lazy clickbait dbags

I still think this team is one more solid draft class away from being very formidable. They have talent - with just an average defense they are a ten win team. They are closer than people realize - wait until Nwoso is back and they extend Williams - that front will suddenly look pretty good. Now they need to upgrade the linebacking core.
I wouldn't be surprised if they take a QB but feels like they are in no man's land at 16. All the top ones will be gone and the second tier isn't worthy of a mid 1st round pick. Unless they trade up to take a top one then Geno starts next year and they have never traded up in the first round in a significant way.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:40 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:29 pm
auroraave wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:36 pm
D-train wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if they take a QB but feels like they are in no man's land at 16. All the top ones will be gone and the second tier isn't worthy of a mid 1st round pick. Unless they trade up to take a top one then Geno starts next year and they have never traded up in the first round in a significant way.

I would ignore all the 'noise" about "prospects" from "the experts' that have atwitter account. They know nothing. Schneider is a talent evaluator - he knows what he is doing - he will ignore the noise and find the right guy - I beleive he is the reason they took Wilson. Seattle doesn't need a 'hyped up" prospect - they need a good QB. ignore the media noise. It never, ever, ever, is correct. there will be talent - or he'll move up. it's his show now and he's pretty good. I am not worried - I think under his guidance this team will be on the upswing quickly. It's all a calculated risk, but JH seems to have a far better pulse on talent than Carroll who seems to have relied far too much on loyalty. I don't think JS will. Then again, maybe they take another cornerback. :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:43 pm

So what did you vote in this poll then?
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:49 pm

Pete is gone so what they have done in the past may not be the best indicator of what they will do. I think they will trade up and take a QB. Also after looking at the salary cap, I think Geno is gone. They can save 13.8 Million by cutting him. I think they do that and run with a lower paid veteran as the mentor/ fall back plan.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:20 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:49 pm
Pete is gone so what they have done in the past may not be the best indicator of what they will do. I think they will trade up and take a QB. Also after looking at the salary cap, I think Geno is gone. They can save 13.8 Million by cutting him. I think they do that and run with a lower paid veteran as the mentor/ fall back plan.
How are we going to trade up without a 2nd round pick. If we trade our 1st (16th) and 3rd (78th) it only moves us up to 12th. I guess we could trade a 2025 1st or second rounder..

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:25 pm

This has 3 QBs going in the top 3. All three of those Teams NEED QBs. How in the F are we going to trade up to the top 3?? Only option is McCarthy at 13. Good God.

1. Chicago Bears (from Carolina Panthers) – Caleb Williams, QB, USC
2. Washington Commanders – Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina
3. New England Patriots – Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
4. Arizona Cardinals - Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State
5. Los Angeles Chargers – Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
6. New York Giants – Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
7. Tennessee Titans - Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State
8. Atlanta Falcons – Dallas Turner, OLB, Alabama
9. Chicago Bears – Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
10. New York Jets – Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
11. Minnesota Vikings – Laiatu Latu, DE, UCLA
12. Denver Broncos – Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson
13. Las Vegas Raiders – J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan
14. New Orleans Saints – JC Latham, OT, Alabama
15. Indianapolis Colts – Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
16. Seattle Seahawks – Chop Robinson, DE, Penn State
17. Jacksonville Jaguars – Troy Fautanu, G, Washington
18. Cincinnati Bengals – Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
19. Green Bay Packers – Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State
21. Cardinals (from Houston Texans) – Jer'Zhan Newton, DT, Illinois
22. Los Angeles Rams – Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo
23. Pittsburgh Steelers – Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama
24. Miami Dolphins – Graham Barton, G, Duke
25. Philadelphia Eagles – Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State
26. Kansas City Chiefs – Brian Thomas Jr., WR, LSU
27. Texans (from Cleveland Browns) – Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma
28. Detroit Lions – Jared Verse, DE, Florida State
29. Buffalo Bills – Leonard Taylor III, DT, Miami (Fla.)
30. Dallas Cowboys – Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona
31. San Francisco 49ers – Kamari Lassiter, CB, Georgia
32. Baltimore Ravens – JT Tuimoloau, DE, Ohio State
dt