Breaking! We got our man! MacDonald it is!!!!

Sexymarinersfan

Re: Breaking! We got our man! MacDonald it is!!!!

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:44 am

The players that played for him, that have glowing reports about him, is what is hyping me up the most. Ultimately, time will tell.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:50 am

Sure, he could be very successful. And I haven't studied him at all. Just the fast track hype. Did a great job running the Ravens defense, seems very clever. He's a great defensive coordinator

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:52 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:50 am
Sure, he could be very successful. And I haven't studied him at all. Just the fast track hype. Did a great job running the Ravens defense, seems very clever. He's a great defensive coordinator
One guy especially seems to be excited for it.

https://www.seahawks.com/news/i-was-so- ... coach-hire

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:24 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:31 am
Actually not that impressed. Two seasons coordinating the Ravens defense. That defense has been pretty good for some time now. It's not like he created it. Has done a good job running it.
Vince Lombardi could wake up and come to Seattle to be the coach and you'd bitch about it Donn :lol:

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:23 am

I'm bitching about it? MacDonald could be a great HC, but I'm not sold on the hype. If you are cool

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:04 am

Bil522 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:24 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:31 am
Actually not that impressed. Two seasons coordinating the Ravens defense. That defense has been pretty good for some time now. It's not like he created it. Has done a good job running it.
Vince Lombardi could wake up and come to Seattle to be the coach and you'd bitch about it Donn :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Codebrown

Post by Codebrown » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:42 am

Well this is what I knew about him from a few years ago. After getting spanked by Ohio State, Jim Harbaugh was speaking to his brother John, regarding the defense and the difficulties of dealing with Ohio State. Jim asked John if he knew anyone that could be a defense coordinator to deal with them. John gave them two names. First one was Mike Macdonald, and the other one was Jesse, who is now the defensive coordinator for the Chargers after spending a year at Michigan. I believe John mentioned how he would go with Mike and that’s what Jim Harbaugh did. Mike Macdonald installed that number one ranked defense and there was huge improvement from the previous season till then. After the first year, Mike went back to the ravens as a defensive coordinator And again showed huge improvement and their defense for two years. I’m only the messenger just giving info on Macdonald.

I did hear about when he was in ninth grade going to the head coach telling him he wanted to be the defensive coordinator for the high school team. The team was seven and oh was six shutouts.

He also worked for University of Georgia who I’m sure through the teachings of Kirby Smart, Mike learned quite a bit.

All this being said, I’m glad to have Mike over Dan Quin any day

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:50 am

Yeah, became familiar with the Ohio St Michigan deal with huskies facing Michigan. Hadn't connected macdonald with it.

You guys be bitching about Lombardi, talk about a dinosaur. He called the forward pass frivolous. :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:54 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:52 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:50 am
One guy especially seems to be excited for it.

https://www.seahawks.com/news/i-was-so- ... coach-hire
My God that is so awesome!
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:57 am

Codebrown wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:42 am
Well this is what I knew about him from a few years ago. After getting spanked by Ohio State, Jim Harbaugh was speaking to his brother John, regarding the defense and the difficulties of dealing with Ohio State. Jim asked John if he knew anyone that could be a defense coordinator to deal with them. John gave them two names. First one was Mike Macdonald, and the other one was Jesse, who is now the defensive coordinator for the Chargers after spending a year at Michigan. I believe John mentioned how he would go with Mike and that’s what Jim Harbaugh did. Mike Macdonald installed that number one ranked defense and there was huge improvement from the previous season till then. After the first year, Mike went back to the ravens as a defensive coordinator And again showed huge improvement and their defense for two years. I’m only the messenger just giving info on Macdonald.

I did hear about when he was in ninth grade going to the head coach telling him he wanted to be the defensive coordinator for the high school team. The team was seven and oh was six shutouts.

He also worked for University of Georgia who I’m sure through the teachings of Kirby Smart, Mike learned quite a bit.

All this being said, I’m glad to have Mike over Dan Quin any day
The biggest thing is the massive upgrade over the Fossil that they fired....
dt