Rate the position groups II

D-train

Re: Rate the position groups II

Post by D-train » Thu May 02, 2024 5:46 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 5:25 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 3:59 pm
Honestly the only position group that we have that I would describe as any better than mediocre is the receivers.
QB 5
RB 6
WR 9
TE 5
OL 5
DL 6
LB 4
CB 6
S 4
ST 6
I don’t disagree a lot. I do like our RBs and curious to see how they are used. Last year it was so stupid to watch them take two backs with different skill sets and use them in ways that were entirely different than their skill set.

I am also a bit more optimistic on DL. I think our two big gets from last year benefit from a coaching change and that Murphy is a big add.

QB 5
RB 7
WR 8
TE 5
OL 5
DL 7
LB 4
CB 7
S 5
ST 7

Probably shouldn’t even have said “disagree”. I really only changed a few of your rankings slightly. I feel like this team could stumble and only win 7 games, but the new regime could also have them hitting in all cylinders quickly and we win 10 or 11!
6.0 Average = .6 x 17 = 10.2 win projection...spot on imo.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Thu May 02, 2024 6:03 pm

To be clear... my ratings are based on where we're at right now, regardless of draft picks and additions, only because they're unproven. Until I see tangible improvements on the field, I can't be any more optimistic (or pessimistic) at the moment. 8-)

I struggled with this last season... on paper, SEA was pretty solid. On the field, not so much.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu May 02, 2024 6:19 pm

douche wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 6:03 pm
To be clear... my ratings are based on where we're at right now, regardless of draft picks and additions, only because they're unproven. Until I see tangible improvements on the field, I can't be any more optimistic (or pessimistic) at the moment. 8-)

I struggled with this last season... on paper, SEA was pretty solid. On the field, not so much.
In other words, your ratings are as of late December of last year. Not sure how that is very relevant. New coaching staff, new FA signings and an entire rookie class. If we are simply rating them off of what they did last year...Because, if you can't rate rookies, then you can't rate a FA that didn't play here. And, since we have an entirely new coaching staff? I guess you can't rate anyone?

douche

Post by douche » Thu May 02, 2024 6:23 pm

This is where it's confusing. The topic is, 'Rate the position groups II'. So that's what I did.

But I'm not projecting, I'm no good at it.

That said, the team made some nice additions via the draft.

Again, on paper they look solid. Hopefully that translates to the field.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 02, 2024 6:46 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 6:19 pm
douche wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 6:03 pm

In other words, your ratings are as of late December of last year. Not sure how that is very relevant. New coaching staff, new FA signings and an entire rookie class. If we are simply rating them off of what they did last year...Because, if you can't rate rookies, then you can't rate a FA that didn't play here. And, since we have an entirely new coaching staff? I guess you can't rate anyone?
Based on 2023 I predict they will win 9 games this season. :lol:
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu May 02, 2024 7:01 pm

douche wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 6:23 pm
This is where it's confusing. The topic is, 'Rate the position groups II'. So that's what I did.

But I'm not projecting, I'm no good at it.

That said, the team made some nice additions via the draft.

Again, on paper they look solid. Hopefully that translates to the field.
As far as making projections, that was just something i threw in when i did this last year, but you are correct that how well they play will depend on more than just roster talent. I added that mainly to add some entertainment value to the thread lol.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 02, 2024 7:41 pm

It is pretty simple. Based on what you know about MM and the rest of the coaching staff, how the holdover players played for the Hawks last season and how new players played last season for their NFL or College teams you predict how effective they will be as a position group.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 03, 2024 12:38 am

Murphy seems solid...For an Irish guy. Maoling has lowered the Bar. lol
dt

maoling

Post by maoling » Fri May 03, 2024 1:08 am

If I had feelings, they'd probably be hurt after that gratuitous pot shot. Besides, I'm not tall enough to raise the bar.

QB 6 I yam what i yam
RB 8 Cowabunga
WR 8 Cowabunga
TE 6 I yam what i yam
OL 6 I yam what i yam
DL 7 Hey hey hey
LB 6 I yam what i yam
CB 7 Hey hey hey
S 7 Hey hey hey
ST 7 Hey hey hey

Coug math gives me a 6.8 avg.

That's all I got. Except Darren can blow me. :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 03, 2024 1:09 am

maoling wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 1:08 am

If I had feelings, they'd probably be hurt after that gratuitous pot shot. Besides, I'm not tall enough to raise the bar.

QB 6 I yam what i yam
RB 8 Cowabunga
WR 8 Cowabunga
TE 6 I yam what i yam
OL 6 I yam what i yam
DL 7 Hey hey hey
LB 6 I yam what i yam
CB 7 Hey hey hey
S 7 Hey hey hey
ST 7 Hey hey hey

Coug math gives me a 6.8 avg.

That's all I got. Except Darren can blow me. :lol: