Kick Geno to the curb???

Michael K.

Re: Kick Geno to the curb???

Post by Michael K. » Sat May 04, 2024 3:06 pm

Exactly! Geno is butt hurt that a statement any fan in a barstool can make was made? He looks soft.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat May 04, 2024 3:22 pm

Sure, but it was presented as by a member of the media. I don't have a problem with Geno calling it out. If he doesn't it doesn't get as much scrutiny

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat May 04, 2024 3:52 pm

I'm pretty sure Geno has much better sources inside the Seahawks than Johnny Freshella whatever-the-fuck his name is. Glad he shot him down, though i wish teams in general would require that their players not have Twitter accounts so that they don't get caught up in these things.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat May 04, 2024 4:06 pm

Should talk to Musk about it, maybe ban players along with reporters

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat May 04, 2024 4:41 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 3:52 pm
I'm pretty sure Geno has much better sources inside the Seahawks than Johnny Freshella whatever-the-fuck his name is. Glad he shot him down, though i wish teams in general would require that their players not have Twitter accounts so that they don't get caught up in these things.
Why is Geno sensitive about this obvious BS?
If the NFL can make players take interviews from the media (compelling speech), then they maybe could demand
players not have X accounts. (censoring speech). They obviously aren't going to though.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 04, 2024 4:43 pm

dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat May 04, 2024 4:59 pm

trharder wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:41 pm
If the NFL can make players take interviews from the media (compelling speech), then they maybe could demand
players not have X accounts. (censoring speech). They obviously aren't going to though.
Because the guy is representing himself as part of the media. That gives the story validation. I have no problem at all with Geno calling him out. If the guy is going to try and make a career as NFL insider he should expect to get called out. His stuff needs to be bulletproof or he's going to take hits

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 04, 2024 5:23 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:59 pm
trharder wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:41 pm
Because the guy is representing himself as part of the media. That gives the story validation. I have no problem at all with Geno calling him out. If the guy is going to try and make a career as NFL insider he should expect to get called out. His stuff needs to be bulletproof or he's going to take hits
It is VERY possibly the reporter is right and Geno is wrong. Geno's post won't age well if Sam is taking the field and he is on the sidelines game 1.
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat May 04, 2024 7:46 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Aha. This is where you don't get it. Geno is legitimizing this blogger type by even responding publicly.
It is likely the best break Frascella has ever got. Frascella is loving it.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat May 04, 2024 7:50 pm

trharder wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:46 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Aha. This is where you don't get it. Geno is legitimizing this blogger type by even responding publicly.
It is likely the best break Frascella has ever got. Frascella is loving it.
John Frascella (Football)
@NFLFrascella
·
May 2
Thank you for your reply, Geno!

As you know, in your game, you have to trust your teammates.

In our game, sports journalism, we have to trust our sources.

Wishing you all the best this upcoming NFL season!