Rookie Camp

Michael K.

Re: Rookie Camp

Post by Michael K. » Fri May 10, 2024 3:19 pm

maoling wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:27 am

I reported on the Wenatchee Church Child Abuse Sex Crimes case a thousand years ago and sat in that Waterville courthouse for a while. Good times!
I remember that. My mom was the Douglass County Clerk for many many years, so you would have met her. My grandmother was the bailiff, so you may have met her too! My Grandfather was the Chief of Polise, long before my time, and both my uncles were in law enforcement. Add in that my aunt was in dispatch? I couldn't mess up at all without the entire family knowing!

Back then we were in the news for all kinds of crap. We were also the Prozac capital of the world. That made national news. I don't remember which talk show, Phil Donahue I think, but one of my buddies was a stud athlete back then, and was on the talk show talking about Prozac and shit like that.
Last edited by Michael K. on Sat May 11, 2024 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri May 10, 2024 3:23 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:43 am

That's surprising. No-one from the 83/84 O lines - McKenzie, Bush, Essink, Bailey, Pratt, ??? - made a Pro Bowl?
I just remember them talking about the Center we traded to the Jets making a Pro Bowl after....and that Jones was the first. Looks like Jones in 01, and the next one was Hutch in 03.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... l-pros.htm

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri May 10, 2024 3:26 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 6:18 pm

LOL why can't she stand it?
Wenatchee isn't exactly the big city, but it's a thriving metropolitan compared to the small little "B" schools in the area. I wanted to move to Cashmere, but the price of housing when we moved was ridiculous. Small towns are also crazy for the rumor mill. I moved out in the early 90s, and was a part of the rumor mill for years and years after, and my wife hated that.

We are pretty active. Going to sound like an alcoholic, but we can't walk into a brewery or a winery around here without knowing someone there. That is a lot harder in Waterville! My parents moved down here when my youngest wasn't even in school yet. He is now a Junior. There isn't much up there for her, and not a lot more up there for me anymore.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri May 10, 2024 10:08 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 3:23 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:43 am

That's surprising. No-one from the 83/84 O lines - McKenzie, Bush, Essink, Bailey, Pratt, ??? - made a Pro Bowl?
I just remember them talking about the Center we traded to the Jets making a Pro Bowl after....and that Jones was the first. Looks like Jones in 01, and the next one was Hutch in 03.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... l-pros.htm
Edwin Bailey was the Goliath of that group at 6'4" 271.

douche

Post by douche » Fri May 10, 2024 11:59 pm

I didn't fact check this, but... plus I wasn't sure where to post it.

huh.jpg
huh.jpg (56.85 KiB) Viewed 74 times

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat May 11, 2024 1:18 am

Seems reasonable, don't know why some seem in a hurry to trade metcalf. Yeah, he's got an attitude. I really don't mind. Like to see some attitude out of the rest of them, just be smart about it

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 11, 2024 11:42 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 1:18 am
Seems reasonable, don't know why some seem in a hurry to trade metcalf. Yeah, he's got an attitude. I really don't mind. Like to see some attitude out of the rest of them, just be smart about it
I predict the trade DK fans are going to look even more idiotic by Halloween.
dt

maoling

Post by maoling » Sun May 12, 2024 2:15 am

Michael K. wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 3:19 pm
maoling wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:27 am

I reported on the Wenatchee Church Child Abuse Sex Crimes case a thousand years ago and sat in that Waterville courthouse for a while. Good times!
I remember that. My mom was the Douglass County Clerk for many many years, so you would have met her. My grandmother was the bailiff, so you may have met her too! My Grandfather was the Chief of Polise, long before my time, and both my uncles were in law enforcement. Add in that my aunt was in dispatch? I couldn't mess up at all without the entire family knowing!

Back then we were in the news for all kinds of crap. We were also the Prozac capital of the world. That made national news. I don't remember which talk show, Phil Donahue I think, but one of my buddies was a stud athlete back then, and was on the talk show talking about Prozac and shit like that.
LOL. that was a messed-up story of a rogue detective, false repressed memories of sexual abuse in church, suspicion, people pointing fingers at each other -- a lot of lives got ruined because of a mob mentality and a media feeding frenzy.

Also, whenever I needed to know WTF was going on for a small-town story, I went straight to the town or county clerk! They knew where all the skeletons were buried.