Hawks' Schedule

maoling

Re: Hawks' Schedule

Post by maoling » Mon May 20, 2024 2:02 am

douche wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 12:14 am
Interesting article regarding Carroll's misuse of Adams.

https://12thmanrising.com/posts/pete-ca ... GU-c0j38rg
Nice Article. Ouch!

The front office reportedly had other ideas than Carroll when the team gave up a first-round pick as well as a third-round choice in 2021, a first-round pick in 2022, and safety Bradley McDougald. Seattle got Adams and a 2022 fourth-round choice back in return

All I can say after revisiting this trade wreck is Thank God for the Broncos. :lol:

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon May 20, 2024 11:55 am

If he played at an All-pro level with the Jets as a safety, why would you trade for him with the plan to use him differently? The problem was he wasn't a good fit in Carroll's D as a safety and too small to be a LB given his reckless style of play.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 20, 2024 2:01 pm

dt

douche

Post by douche » Tue May 21, 2024 12:24 am

It's not unreasonable to think that a team could struggle through a transition year with an entirely new coaching staff. Hope I'm wrong.

maoling

Post by maoling » Tue May 21, 2024 4:18 am

douche wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 12:24 am
It's not unreasonable to think that a team could struggle through a transition year with an entirely new coaching staff. Hope I'm wrong.
I agree 100%

But it's almost as likely that the pundits are wrong, as almost always, and we surprise and confound and stay in the mix. There is no way to know how fast this new staff can install a new system, but there are not many old-timers left, except in key spots. This team is getting young, hungry and everyone has something prove from the top sacred FO to Schneider, on down to the coaches, players, weight room and kitchen. If they were looking at another same old shit, they would have kept Pete. That where I would see a 6-11 instead of maybe 10-7 or 11-6.

Jody wants results.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 21, 2024 11:48 am

douche wrote:
If PC had retired after winning his second SB a few months ago then I would agree. Put I can not wrap my head around the notion that this coaching staff that consists of a new HC that ran the best defense in the NFL and an OC that led the nation in passing and whose offense made the NC game is a downgrade over that complete shit show we saw on both sides of the ball the last few seasons is somehow going to be worse. It is nonsensical.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue May 21, 2024 3:12 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 11:55 am
If he played at an All-pro level with the Jets as a safety, why would you trade for him with the plan to use him differently? The problem was he wasn't a good fit in Carroll's D as a safety and too small to be a LB given his reckless style of play.
The Jets used him as a Box Safety, which is what I thought we were going to do. Some Kam Chancelor type stuff. We basically used him as a blitzing LB, then whined and cried that we didn't have guys behind him that could cover WRs when we blitzed. It was really odd.

The tape of him in New York was crazy. Maybe he blitzed all the time there as well, but he seemed to just be around the LOS all the time. We tried to make him Chad Brown, and then tried to make him Earl Thomas. Again, it was really odd. When the Jets' DC said we wouldn't know how to use him I was amazed. Later I was amazed he was right.

douche

Post by douche » Tue May 21, 2024 3:37 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 11:48 am
douche wrote:
If PC had retired after winning his second SB a few months ago then I would agree. Put I can not wrap my head around the notion that this coaching staff that consists of a new HC that ran the best defense in the NFL and an OC that led the nation in passing and whose offense made the NC game is a downgrade over that complete shit show we saw on both sides of the ball the last few seasons is somehow going to be worse. It is nonsensical.
Agreed, but I never said it would be a downgrade. Just that there might be a period of transition. The team is definitely on an upward trajectory.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 21, 2024 5:17 pm

It is interesting that none of the big three, HC, OC, DC have ever been a HC before....That is a little different.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue May 21, 2024 5:37 pm

The defense doesn't seem to be a concern. But the offense, you have a rookie HC who's background is defense and a rookie OC that's never worked above the college level. I don't see it as being about PC. It's just that it could be a learning curve getting the offense going. I brought it up before, his approach could take some getting use to at the pro level.

McDonald on Grubbs lack of experience calling a pro game. It's about building something, doesn't necessarily mean it's up to speed the first game of the season. Though it helps their first couple games seem pretty winnable
"It's not near the top of the list," Macdonald said. "We're looking for the right person to come in here and build this thing, so we want someone that's open-minded, that has a growth mindset, that can connect with their players and build a system that's unique to the Seattle Seahawks, that's going to live here a long time and he's going to be the one spearheading it."