The Herd thinks we are a turd.

Michael K.

Re: The Herd thinks we are a turd.

Post by Michael K. » Thu May 23, 2024 1:14 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:10 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 5:35 pm
I still think we have giant question marks at about 3 or 4 spots in the O Line, a mediocre QB that can be damn bad at times, replaced Bobby Wagner with two coverage LBs, on a team that got pounded into oblivion by the Steelers.

I like the rookie Guard, but I liked both Tackles we got a couple of years ago too. Name the last team that won a playoff game with a QB like Geno? Mayfield maybe?

We are still behind the Rams and 49ers. Good thing we play them twice each right? I don’t see one team on the schedule that bad Geno couldn’t lose to. And since a hot start two years ago? I feel we’ve seen bad Geno more than not.
Agree with all of that but we won 9 games last season with all that and worse in several cases. Anything is possible but on paper this team is better than the 9 win team from a year ago. Of course injuries and bad luck could kill the season but I don't see how the over under is only 7.5....
Some people might look at the coaching change. I still think there is a big talent issue at some pretty important positions. Mostly QB. My faith in him is almost as low as before his first season. Those first nine or ten games seem like such a distant memory compared to how he has played the next season and a half.

Nwadventure

Post by Nwadventure » Thu May 23, 2024 2:13 pm

Will be interesting to see how Geno does with the all new scheme and such- He was pretty bad in the 2nd half's of a number of games last year and would always seem to dial up a game ending turnover on demand. A better O/Line and healthy running backs will help but not sure we will have that this year.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu May 23, 2024 2:25 pm

He claims to be comfortable and happy with the offense

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 23, 2024 2:46 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:14 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:10 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 5:35 pm
I still think we have giant question marks at about 3 or 4 spots in the O Line, a mediocre QB that can be damn bad at times, replaced Bobby Wagner with two coverage LBs, on a team that got pounded into oblivion by the Steelers.

I like the rookie Guard, but I liked both Tackles we got a couple of years ago too. Name the last team that won a playoff game with a QB like Geno? Mayfield maybe?

We are still behind the Rams and 49ers. Good thing we play them twice each right? I don’t see one team on the schedule that bad Geno couldn’t lose to. And since a hot start two years ago? I feel we’ve seen bad Geno more than not.
Agree with all of that but we won 9 games last season with all that and worse in several cases. Anything is possible but on paper this team is better than the 9 win team from a year ago. Of course injuries and bad luck could kill the season but I don't see how the over under is only 7.5....
Some people might look at the coaching change. I still think there is a big talent issue at some pretty important positions. Mostly QB. My faith in him is almost as low as before his first season. Those first nine or ten games seem like such a distant memory compared to how he has played the next season and a half.
You know I am not a big fan of him but we won NINE games last season with him as the QB for 15 games. You can't cite him as a reason we will win less than 9 this season unless you think he is going to be worse than last season due to age but he is still pretty young for a QB.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu May 23, 2024 3:36 pm

They're basically going to have rookies at C and RG and a washed up vet FA at LG, and who knows what to expect from Lucas. The O line could be total shit for the first part of the season or longer. Also, Dodson hasn't had to play starting snaps before so let's see how his PFF looks when he does, i'm guessing it drops into the 60s.

maoling

Post by maoling » Fri May 24, 2024 2:26 am

Here is my Homer Dream NFC West Regular Season:

Seahawks 11-6
Niners 10-7
Lambs 8-9
Cards 6-11

trharder

Post by trharder » Mon May 27, 2024 12:48 am

D-train wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 2:46 pm
You know I am not a big fan of him but we won NINE games last season with him as the QB for 15 games. You can't cite him as a reason we will win less than 9 this season unless you think he is going to be worse than last season due to age but he is still pretty young for a QB.
As a Seahawk fan, you are dead on right, DT. If we won 9 games last year and Pete was a liability, then how the fuck
do we not win more than 9 games with the new coaching dream team that everyone is so excited about?
I didn't feel like this team was that far off last year. If we do win less than 9 games, it will take some sort of meltdown,
and the most likely meltdown would be Geno, IMO. It would be hard for the defense to be worse than last year.
I'm optimistic, but I'm always optimistic.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon May 27, 2024 3:48 am

You're assuming that H.R. Grubbn'Huff will be able to transition to the NFL without any issues. It's going to be a whole new ballgame for them.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 27, 2024 10:56 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 3:48 am
You're assuming that H.R. Grubbn'Huff will be able to transition to the NFL without any issues. It's going to be a whole new ballgame for them.

I am pretty sure that they are aware that NFL defenses are better and faster than the defenses in the disbanded conference that they used to coach in.
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Mon May 27, 2024 2:15 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 3:48 am
I'm not sure who "you're" is, but when the offense was no great shakes last year, it seems unlikely it could be a lot
worse this year, even with a college OC. The defense was really bad and it's not hard to imagine them taking a step forward.
I think this new coaching staff inherited a good scenario.