D-train

Re: OTA thread

Post by D-train » Thu May 23, 2024 9:20 pm

douche wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 8:23 pm
This...
D-train wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:01 pm
For Macdonald, that means learning more about his players and what they can and cannot do.
Oh, and an offensive coordinator who makes it easier on his players and has actual freedom to run the offense. Go figure.
Telling you. This coaching staff might shock the world. Welcome to the 21st century Boys!
dt

douche

Post by douche » Fri May 24, 2024 1:15 am

Agreed. Everything aligns... Jody isn't content with simply competing and wants to win, Schneider is a skilled and open minded president and GM, Macdonald is a young and dynamic head coach with a top notch hand-picked support staff. Everyone appears to be on the same page.

Exciting times ahead!

maoling

Post by maoling » Fri May 24, 2024 2:30 am

douche wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 1:15 am
Agreed. Everything aligns... Jody isn't content with simply competing and wants to win, Schneider is a skilled and open minded president and GM, Macdonald is a young and dynamic head coach with a top notch hand-picked support staff. Everyone appears to be on the same page.

Exciting times ahead!
I believe this.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri May 24, 2024 3:23 am

Sure, it will be exciting until they start losing games. :evil:

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 24, 2024 1:01 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 3:23 am
Sure, it will be exciting until they start losing games. :evil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfE93xON8jk
dt

Nwadventure

Post by Nwadventure » Fri May 24, 2024 1:15 pm

Also ready to shock the world- Just think-

Coaches that actually coach-
Players buying into the system
Guys that are hungry - Chips on shoulders/Disrespect noted
Opposing receivers not open by 15 yards on every third down
Dudes that can tackle
Not wasting silly time-outs 24/7-365
Not throwing challenge flags on plays that have zero chance of being overturned
And no more of this can you win the game in the 1st/2nd/3rd quarter slapstick

Lets do this - Thx

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri May 24, 2024 3:22 pm

All of that should be worth another 4-5 wins so i guess we should expect a 13-14 win season. :?

The reality is that if they bring the corners up and not give a 5-10 yard cushion they will get beat more often on longer pass plays. That is the trade-off. I'll take it because the end result will likely be the same but the D won't be on the field as long.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 24, 2024 5:04 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 3:22 pm
All of that should be worth another 4-5 wins so i guess we should expect a 13-14 win season. :?

The reality is that if they bring the corners up and not give a 5-10 yard cushion they will get beat more often on longer pass plays. That is the trade-off. I'll take it because the end result will likely be the same but the D won't be on the field as long.
You really should educate yourself on what is going on. It just might turn that frown upside down. :lol:

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1776170/ ... d-defense/
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri May 24, 2024 6:50 pm

If the defensive system is that much better then that would be a legitimate reason why they should improve on their record from last year. I was just saying that having the corners play up and more aggressively off the snap won't by itself make them better necessarily. It will make them a whole lot less frustrating to watch though.

douche

Post by douche » Fri May 24, 2024 8:16 pm

From the article:

"As Ted Nguyen of The Athletic detailed in an article last week, Macdonald’s scheme features a unique level of positional versatility and interchangeability. That allows him to constantly mix his fronts and pressures, which leaves opposing offenses struggling to determine where exactly the pressure will be coming from. It also enables him to adapt and cater his defensive scheme to each opponent."

Rayshawn Jenkins:

“Every play, every movement on the offense, every shift, every motion, something has to be communicated,” Jenkins said. “We’re never just sitting back in one defense. So it’s a really creative, really fun defense, but you’ve gotta be on the details. … It has definitely challenged me as far as studying the game internally.”

This team will now be moving and adjusting in real time. As opposed to the old regime.