OTA thread

maoling

Re: OTA thread

Post by maoling » Sun May 26, 2024 4:40 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 1:58 am
I have serious doubts about how effective Grubb's offense will be without elite players to run it like he had at UW. Geno won't have the time in the pocket that Penix had.
"I have all the weapons I need on offense, great running backs, the best receiving corps in the NFL, an offensive line for once, a savvy new weaponized coaching staff on both sides of the ball, and a defense that is solid and ready to roll. The only real question is me."

-- Geno Smith-Enigma

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun May 26, 2024 7:07 am

That's a made-up quote?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 26, 2024 12:17 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 7:07 am
That's a made-up quote?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fake Quote but real last name. lol
dt

douche

Post by douche » Sun May 26, 2024 10:33 pm

BY CAMERON VAN TIL
Seattle Sports

Earlier this month, NFL Network and FOX Sports analyst Peter Schrager tabbed the Seattle Seahawks as potentially being this year’s team that takes a significant leap forward.

He’s not the only expert who shares that view.

What are experts predicting for Seahawks’ 2024 record?

During an appearance on Seattle Sports’ Bump and Stacy this past week, former longtime NFL executive Michael Lombardi said he views the Seahawks as a “sleeper team” this season. Lombardi thinks that with better health and a new coaching staff led by defensive guru Mike Macdonald, Seattle can improve on last year’s 9-8 record.

“I really think Seattle is going to be a sleeper team,” Lombardi said. “I think it’s going to be a tough out for people. I think their talent is better than they performed last year. Defense was the problem. Injuries were the problem. … And yet, (former coach Pete Carroll) still won nine games. And if they beat Pittsburgh (in Week 17), it’s a playoff team.

“But they didn’t, and so now Mike comes in with his scheme and (new offensive coordinator) Ryan Grubb gets to run the offense. And I think that if they play complementary football and (Macdonald) coaches the team not as a defensive coordinator but as a head coach, they’ll have a chance to really improve.”

Lombardi likes the Seahawks’ offense and thinks they have a good collection of talent with quarterback Geno Smith, running back Kenneth Walker III and the receiving trio of DK Metcalf, Tyler Lockett and Jaxon Smith-Njigba. He viewed the slew of injuries along the offensive line last season – especially the knee issues that sidelined right tackle Abraham Lucas for 11 games and a nagging toe injury that plagued left tackle Charles Cross – as a major reason Seattle was 17th in the NFL in points per game after finishing 10th in 2022.

“I think their (offensive) skill is really good,” Lombardi said. “I think … this is a good offensive team. I think their struggles lined with the fact that Lucas missed a lot of games last year and they had to bring in (41-year-old offensive lineman) Jason Peters off the retirement couch, which made it really challenging.

“I think Geno, if he’s protected, his accuracy is really good,” he added. “His decision-making has really improved. His anticipation is really good. But I think last year he got hit way too much.”

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 26, 2024 11:55 pm

douche wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 10:33 pm
BY CAMERON VAN TIL
Seattle Sports

Earlier this month, NFL Network and FOX Sports analyst Peter Schrager tabbed the Seattle Seahawks as potentially being this year’s team that takes a significant leap forward.

He’s not the only expert who shares that view.

What are experts predicting for Seahawks’ 2024 record?

During an appearance on Seattle Sports’ Bump and Stacy this past week, former longtime NFL executive Michael Lombardi said he views the Seahawks as a “sleeper team” this season. Lombardi thinks that with better health and a new coaching staff led by defensive guru Mike Macdonald, Seattle can improve on last year’s 9-8 record.

“I really think Seattle is going to be a sleeper team,” Lombardi said. “I think it’s going to be a tough out for people. I think their talent is better than they performed last year. Defense was the problem. Injuries were the problem. … And yet, (former coach Pete Carroll) still won nine games. And if they beat Pittsburgh (in Week 17), it’s a playoff team.

“But they didn’t, and so now Mike comes in with his scheme and (new offensive coordinator) Ryan Grubb gets to run the offense. And I think that if they play complementary football and (Macdonald) coaches the team not as a defensive coordinator but as a head coach, they’ll have a chance to really improve.”

Lombardi likes the Seahawks’ offense and thinks they have a good collection of talent with quarterback Geno Smith, running back Kenneth Walker III and the receiving trio of DK Metcalf, Tyler Lockett and Jaxon Smith-Njigba. He viewed the slew of injuries along the offensive line last season – especially the knee issues that sidelined right tackle Abraham Lucas for 11 games and a nagging toe injury that plagued left tackle Charles Cross – as a major reason Seattle was 17th in the NFL in points per game after finishing 10th in 2022.

“I think their (offensive) skill is really good,” Lombardi said. “I think … this is a good offensive team. I think their struggles lined with the fact that Lucas missed a lot of games last year and they had to bring in (41-year-old offensive lineman) Jason Peters off the retirement couch, which made it really challenging.

“I think Geno, if he’s protected, his accuracy is really good,” he added. “His decision-making has really improved. His anticipation is really good. But I think last year he got hit way too much.”
Thanks for posting. Pretty much what I have been saying...
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Mon May 27, 2024 12:14 am

Wow. a lot of optimism here. I'm grateful for the coaching change, but something tells me there
will be some hard times ahead before things get good, if they do get good.
And Geno saying he's a dropback passer and this is a dropback passer offense didn't give me warm fuzzy feeling...

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon May 27, 2024 1:47 am

If they are going to go with long-developing pass plays Geno will lead the league in sacks and/or interceptions.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon May 27, 2024 6:01 am

I don't think anybody embraces long developing pass plays. I don't think the huskies did with Grubb running the offense
The Huskies attack defenses with a bevy of screen passes and short throws, but the route concepts often include a vertical pattern, allowing the quarterback to take deep shots here and there. UW averaged 344 passing yards per game, which ranked No. 2 in the nation. The screen package is diverse and oft-called by Grubb; UW threw 73 screen passes on the year, an average of once every eight throws. That's a far heavier reliance on the screen game than what Alabama fans saw from Tommy Rees last year. Grubb also likes to run dual crossing routes across the middle from opposite sides of the field, creating a "rub" with one receiver to free another and strain the defense horizontally. Throw in a good dose of short curl routes against loose coverage, and it's little wonder that opposing pass rushes averaged less than a sack per game against Washington. The offense is designed for the quarterback to get rid of the ball quickly

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 27, 2024 10:54 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 6:01 am
I don't think anybody embraces long developing pass plays. I don't think the huskies did with Grubb running the offense
The Huskies attack defenses with a bevy of screen passes and short throws, but the route concepts often include a vertical pattern, allowing the quarterback to take deep shots here and there. UW averaged 344 passing yards per game, which ranked No. 2 in the nation. The screen package is diverse and oft-called by Grubb; UW threw 73 screen passes on the year, an average of once every eight throws. That's a far heavier reliance on the screen game than what Alabama fans saw from Tommy Rees last year. Grubb also likes to run dual crossing routes across the middle from opposite sides of the field, creating a "rub" with one receiver to free another and strain the defense horizontally. Throw in a good dose of short curl routes against loose coverage, and it's little wonder that opposing pass rushes averaged less than a sack per game against Washington. The offense is designed for the quarterback to get rid of the ball quickly
Great find!
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 27, 2024 12:39 pm

This is the projection for the roster for the Offense. Most of it makes sense but Keeping the two Dee's instead of Bobo would be insane....

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2024/5/25/24 ... lf-lockett
dt