MM cancels the last day of involuntary mini camp

douche

Re: MM cancels the last day of involuntary mini camp

Post by douche » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:07 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:51 pm
What's interesting is Pete went along with it.
They're paying him anyway, so it makes no difference. And as Michael stated, nobody's knocking down his door.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:09 am

Exactly, he gets paid whether he goes along with it or not. You think it did anything for his ego to agree to some phony job? He wasn't happy about getting fired, he could have just told them to fuck off, he still gets paid. It was a nice way to do it, a group hug, gee we are all still family. But that was for fans, not Pete
Pete Carroll is no longer the Seattle Seahawks head coach. As surprising as that news is, some of the sting should be taken out by the knowledge that Carroll won’t be leaving. According to team chair Jody Allen’s statement, Carroll will be sticking around in an advisor role fo the front office. As you can imagine, the news has come as a shock to many Seahawks fans – who are expressing their regret at Carroll moving on as well as gratitude for everything that he accomplished.
https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/lists ... ead-coach/

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:57 am

D-train wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:31 pm
64 of course
54 sure
44 ok
34 hmmmm
24 Holy shit man! lol
Your just jealous! :lol:

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:00 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:09 am
Exactly, he gets paid whether he goes along with it or not. You think it did anything for his ego to agree to some phony job? He wasn't happy about getting fired, he could have just told them to fuck off, he still gets paid. It was a nice way to do it, a group hug, gee we are all still family. But that was for fans, not Pete
Pete Carroll is no longer the Seattle Seahawks head coach. As surprising as that news is, some of the sting should be taken out by the knowledge that Carroll won’t be leaving. According to team chair Jody Allen’s statement, Carroll will be sticking around in an advisor role fo the front office. As you can imagine, the news has come as a shock to many Seahawks fans – who are expressing their regret at Carroll moving on as well as gratitude for everything that he accomplished.
https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/lists ... ead-coach/
The THIRD TWEET listed on that article is Mina Kimes talking about who they should go after. Yeah, Twitter was all pitchforks and torches for Old Man Pete. I don't get you. Again, what fucking uproar did they need to worry about, so they gave him some bullshit consultant role? Did he deserve to go out that way? Of course he did, but it wasn't to keep the rabid fan base at bay!

douche

Post by douche » Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:01 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
It was a nice way to do it, a group hug, gee we are all still family. But that was for fans, not Pete
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree because I see it the other way around... it was for Pete, not the fans. A way to help Pete save face rather than being completely ousted out of the organization.

And what would a group hug have to do with the fans?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:32 pm

Good summary of what players are saying about MM so far. I realize nobody is going to say anything negative but a lot of this is very specific and interesting insights.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1777262/ ... macdonald/
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:15 pm

douche wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:01 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
It was a nice way to do it, a group hug, gee we are all still family. But that was for fans, not Pete
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree because I see it the other way around... it was for Pete, not the fans. A way to help Pete save face rather than being completely ousted out of the organization.

And what would a group hug have to do with the fans?
Yeah, just seems strange, uncomfortable. Here is MM trying to establish his identity, tearing down the Pete Carroll seahawks in the process. Pete gets to hang around witnessing that? I just don’t see what either of them would get out of it. That's why it seemed interesting that Pete went along. It's like a divorce but you're going to stick around afterwards and help with the cleaning.