Aldon Smith asks for reinstatement. Interest?

D-train

Re: Aldon Smith asks for reinstatement. Interest?

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:59 am

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:55 am
D-train wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:28 pm
Hanjag wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:23 pm
Geez fn _

I mean all that DUI stuff and he can afford a friggen cab-uber.

I kinda dismiss some poor kid pushing his luck. But repition of the DUIs combined with the violence and recency of offences = more than caution.
Mind boggling to me that wealthy celebs get DUIs. They can afford to chill in stretch limos to go to McDonalds for a Sausage McMuffin with egg in the morning.
I was in Phoenix for work... flew home on SouthWest and Albert Pujols was on my plane.

Dude makes $30 million a year and you're telling me the Angels didn't think to not let him go through an airport when corona is a thing? Insane.

Should tell you about how poorly managed these dudes are.
Unreal. That's on him though. Should have his own private plane.

btw I hope you make it to the ST forum party next year in Peoria. Like I said, free room and board and I will be renting an Epic crib.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:01 am

You too 57.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:54 am

D-train wrote:
Hanjag wrote:
Geez fn _

I kinda dismiss some poor kid pushing his luck. But repition of the DUIs combined with the violence and recency of offences = more than caution.
Mind boggling to me that wealthy celebs get DUIs. They can afford to chill in stretch limos to go to McDonalds for a Sausage McMuffin with egg in the morning.
it's even more mind boggling than that my friend. There is an 800 number the players can call for a ride and they will even send a professional driver if you are driving a Lamborghini or Bentley or some shit to get your car home.

http://m.thepostgame.com/features/20130 ... ar-service

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:01 am

but someone who is a substance abuser isn't thinking that way in the first place, you do not go around inebriating yourself uncontrollably and then become rational enough to decide to call for a ride, it don't work that way. I don't think he is a career criminal but he sure seems to have substance abuse problems. If he truly had his issues under control then ok, but he got another DUI just last year.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:04 am

the 800 numbers are for the rational person that manages to realize they have had too much to drink, not the crazed substance abuser

Marinerjim11

Post by Marinerjim11 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:15 am

2 words.... HELL NO!!!

roosevelt

Post by roosevelt » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:24 am

Programed for failure.

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:38 am

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:55 am
D-train wrote:
Hanjag wrote:
Geez fn _

I was in Phoenix for work... flew home on SouthWest and Albert Pujols was on my plane.

Dude makes $30 million a year and you're telling me the Angels didn't think to not let him go through an airport when corona is a thing? Insane.

Should tell you about how poorly managed these dudes are.
The Angels are praying he gets Covid-19....then they can get back his salary in insurance money

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:16 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:01 am
but someone who is a substance abuser isn't thinking that way in the first place, you do not go around inebriating yourself uncontrollably and then become rational enough to decide to call for a ride, it don't work that way. I don't think he is a career criminal but he sure seems to have substance abuse problems. If he truly had his issues under control then ok, but he got another DUI just last year.
It is the decision they make at home when they are sober to drive in the first place that is idiotic. Not the one they make drunk in the bar to drive home.
dt