Good

D-train

Re: Clowney asking price

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:19 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:32 pm
says 13 seconds ago..lol

https://titansized.com/2020/08/20/tenne ... cide-soon/
Come on man don't be posting stuff that's older than 10 seconds. We want to keep this forum cutting-edge and now and wow.
dt

Lamda

Post by Lamda » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:31 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:47 pm
Lamda wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:40 am
he'd be better off taking a 1 year deal and focusing on nothing other than sacks next year. Get 10 or so and then he can get his 20mill.
Then is that playing here? He played last year and got 3. The team leader got 4.

Clark and Reed both got double figures in 2018, and that hasn't been that rare in the Carroll era. One of the funny things is that the 2014 team had no one in double figures, but a ton of guys with many sacks. We have often talked about how Clowney effected the game last year, but is this the system for him to load up on sacks and sign a big pay day? This system with this supporting cast?

I wish I could find the videa, but early in the off season there was a break down done about what the Seahawks ask their D Ends to do, and this guy at least didn't feel it was conducive to getting a lot of sacks. Seemed odd since Frank Clark seemed just fine...but it was interesting.
Good question - who knows, lol. The benefit for our line this year may be that with the addition of Dunbar/Adams we may have somewhat of a shutdown secondary giving the rushers more time to get at the QB.

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:57 am

Lamda wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:31 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:47 pm
Lamda wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:40 am
he'd be better off taking a 1 year deal and focusing on nothing other than sacks next year. Get 10 or so and then he can get his 20mill.
Then is that playing here? He played last year and got 3. The team leader got 4.

Clark and Reed both got double figures in 2018, and that hasn't been that rare in the Carroll era. One of the funny things is that the 2014 team had no one in double figures, but a ton of guys with many sacks. We have often talked about how Clowney effected the game last year, but is this the system for him to load up on sacks and sign a big pay day? This system with this supporting cast?

I wish I could find the videa, but early in the off season there was a break down done about what the Seahawks ask their D Ends to do, and this guy at least didn't feel it was conducive to getting a lot of sacks. Seemed odd since Frank Clark seemed just fine...but it was interesting.
Good question - who knows, lol. The benefit for our line this year may be that with the addition of Dunbar/Adams we may have somewhat of a shutdown secondary giving the rushers more time to get at the QB.
That is true and it would appear likely that (Mayowa, Irvin, Taylor, etc)>(Jefferson, Ansah)
Better supporting cast all around.

maoling

Post by maoling » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:46 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:19 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
says 13 seconds ago..lol

Come on man don't be posting stuff that's older than 10 seconds. We want to keep this forum cutting-edge and now and wow.
Oh God, I'm about done with the whole poop-fest with Clowney and his two million dollar whine. Oh, I don't want the Browns' money. Titans like me. Seahawks like me. Who likes me best coming off my core?

This is the part of the NFL I hate the most. Holdouts, defensive primo uomo, Roger Goodell, officiating and the suck-ass rules that turned the NFL into a Pride Parade. Oh and Joe Buck and Troy Aikman calling a Hawks' game. Otherwise I am good to go for this season without fans in the seats because of Covid.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:46 pm

maoling wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:46 am
D-train wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:19 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
says 13 seconds ago..lol

Oh God, I'm about done with the whole poop-fest with Clowney and his two million dollar whine. Oh, I don't want the Browns' money. Titans like me. Seahawks like me. Who likes me best coming off my core?

This is the part of the NFL I hate the most. Holdouts, defensive primo uomo, Roger Goodell, officiating and the suck-ass rules that turned the NFL into a Pride Parade. Oh and Joe Buck and Troy Aikman calling a Hawks' game. Otherwise I am good to go for this season without fans in the seats because of Covid.
You don't know this. Second there is nothing wrong with choosing where you want to play and getting every penny of your worth in a sport where it could all be over in one play and your employer doesn't have to honor the contract.

You would do exactly the same. Don't care for Buck Aikman is best color nan in the game. What rules? The Pride Parade comment was in poor taste..

maoling

Post by maoling » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:17 pm

You don't know this. Second there is nothing wrong with choosing where you want to play and getting every penny of your worth in a sport where it could all be over in one play and your employer doesn't have to honor the contract.

You would do exactly the same. Don't care for Buck Aikman is best color nan in the game. What rules? The Pride Parade comment was in poor taste..

Yeah, you're right, Pro. Poor taste all around on my part. Last few days have been a little rough...my anniversary and my late wife's birthday. First time in 31 years she hasn't been with me on those dates. Sorry to vent. Onward...

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:29 pm

maoling wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:17 pm

Yeah, you're right, Pro. Poor taste all around on my part. Last few days have been a little rough...my anniversary and my late wife's birthday. First time in 31 years she hasn't been with me on those dates. Sorry to vent. Onward...
Your vent is ok with me Mike. Miss you around here; we all do.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:53 pm

maoling wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:17 pm

I didn't say poor taste on everything. ..strawman and your wife being with you has nothing to do with it. ..