Thomas' Days in Baltimore Over?

ThePro

Re: Thomas' Days in Baltimore Over?

Post by ThePro » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:39 am

Hanjag wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:07 am

ET Last 2 years comp% against 33 & 44 % 47.2 and 24,2 passer rating given up not to mention PFF of many 90's AV from from EARL has 6 seasons over 10 2 @ peak of 14.
Diggs 45.5% and (63.5 % Det), 62.9 and 86.5 passer rating and AV (approx value) in 5 games with Seattle he was on a pace for 9 but was only good for 6 in his best season in Detroit. 77 has been his best season.

I mean Pete is a DB guy so maybe Diggs can be 75% of what Earl was or maybe even with continued development more. I don't know if he is a student of the game or not but one could hope.

If Diggs was not 4 years younger and in my estimation an above average starter, and ET hadn't flipped on Pete and the Hawks. I would push for ET but what I am saying is stating the obvious ET is All-world and Diggs is just a quality starter.
Thomas is older as and played on a better D last year. Diggs is younger. Diggs is playing in the same system that Thomas excelled at. At this point in their careers Diggs is the better option .

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:55 am

Hanjag wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:07 am
ThePro wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:11 pm
Hanjag wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:27 pm

Let's get one thing straighened out. Diggs is good but ET is HOF level great.

We can only hope it is the Cowboys and not the Niners. I think ET is sour on Pete and so no dream adds of ET,, Clowney, and AB=Gordon to compete an superteam.
At this point in their career I would say Diggs is better. I think Clowney and Gordon is still going to happen.
ET Last 2 years comp% against 33 & 44 % 47.2 and 24,2 passer rating given up not to mention PFF of many 90's AV from from EARL has 6 seasons over 10 2 @ peak of 14.
Diggs 45.5% and (63.5 % Det), 62.9 and 86.5 passer rating and AV (approx value) in 5 games with Seattle he was on a pace for 9 but was only good for 6 in his best season in Detroit. 77 has been his best season.

I mean Pete is a DB guy so maybe Diggs can be 75% of what Earl was or maybe even with continued development more. I don't know if he is a student of the game or not but one could hope.

If Diggs was not 4 years younger and in my estimation an above average starter, and ET hadn't flipped on Pete and the Hawks. I would push for ET but what I am saying is stating the obvious ET is All-world and Diggs is just a quality starter.
Was all world. The Hawks D improved DRAMATICALLY once we traded for Diggs. He teammates on the Lions were crushed when he left. Guessing the Hawks didn't miss ET's act too much.
dt

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:15 am

Ya, I was reading through the mile-long copy and paste from sportswriters. Pretty much the ET~Sherm coup. They played their positions well even while being a locker room cancer.

Question for both people debating. Diggs best stretch of his career was the 5 game run in Seattle last year. both in PFR AV (3) over 5 games = pace for 9 full season, PFF, QB rating given up, completion percentage given up, etc. Do you see him as a player who may be on the rise because he is a good player who profiles as a player that flourishes in Pete's back to front focused D? :o

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:47 pm

Hanjag wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:15 am
Ya, I was reading through the mile-long copy and paste from sportswriters. Pretty much the ET~Sherm coup. They played their positions well even while being a locker room cancer.

Question for both people debating. Diggs best stretch of his career was the 5 game run in Seattle last year. both in PFR AV (3) over 5 games = pace for 9 full season, PFF, QB rating given up, completion percentage given up, etc. Do you see him as a player who may be on the rise because he is a good player who profiles as a player that flourishes in Pete's back to front focused D? :o
The biggest question, IMO, seems to be health. Earl may be better on the field, at this point in his career he may not, but I don't think this locker room needs Earl.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:42 pm

Thomas seems to be quickly deteriorating mentally. Everything that's happened in the last few years with the flip-off, the crazy shit with his brother, wife, his epic goofy explanation of that event, and now this plus apparently the build-up to it. He went from being someone who never attracted bed press to a total nut job.

His own teammates wanted him off the team, not "We've got to work with him and he's got to learn" but "Just get him the hell out of here". For someone who's still a good player that's really damning. It could well be that he's chaotic pretty much on a daily basis.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:14 pm

Earl has a large ego. I still think that him talking shit before the game about how no one tries to tackle Derick Henry, right before ET showed zero enthusiasm in doing it just a few days later ate at him. When have you seen or heard his game get critiqued like that. Shit, Neon Deon said something about it. Deon never tried to tackle ANYONE. The same happened in the Super Bowl to Sherman. I just wonder how much longer these guys can continue to talk as if they never do no wrong, then do wrong!? No one would have said shit about yet another Safety getting ragdolled by Henry if he hadn't run his fucking mouth that week. And the same goes for Sherman, calling out his stats after the NFCCG like he never gets beat. You can talk that all you want, but reporters are going to throw it in your face when you fail. They both failed. Sherman owned up, ET created a Ho Pad with his brother and then picked fights with team mates.

Guys like them, and Michael Bennett? The fall is a big one when they do.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:27 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:42 pm
Thomas seems to be quickly deteriorating mentally. Everything that's happened in the last few years with the flip-off, the crazy shit with his brother, wife, his epic goofy explanation of that event, and now this plus apparently the build-up to it. He went from being someone who never attracted bed press to a total nut job.

His own teammates wanted him off the team, not "We've got to work with him and he's got to learn" but "Just get him the hell out of here". For someone who's still a good player that's really damning. It could well be that he's chaotic pretty much on a daily basis.
He definitely attracted "Bed" press with the incident with his brother............
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:27 pm

“It’s been a tough time for Earl,” said Carroll of Thomas, who signed with Baltimore as a free agent in March 2019 after playing nine seasons with Seattle. “That’s a hard situation. I feel bad for him. I wish he could have avoided that from happening whatever that was.

” … That’s a bad state to get in when they send you home.”

In an answer to a later question about Thomas, Carroll recalled that Thomas typically was a quiet presence in Seattle’s locker room (Thomas was never elected a defensive team captain, for instance, with Kam Chancellor and/or Bobby Wagner filling that role every year from 2014 on).

ADVERTISING

“He was really quiet,” Carroll said. “Very much to himself, and rarely, rarely spoke out and I didn’t call on him that much because I knew he was uncomfortable with speaking out so.”
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:29 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:27 pm
DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:42 pm

He definitely attracted "Bed" press with the incident with his brother............
I thought I was the only one who saw that.... :lol: :lol:

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:06 am

Sometimes a typo says it better. :D