Don't RIP Ken Behring

Michael K.

Re: Don't RIP Ken Behring

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:02 pm

The opposite of my argument? I made a joke about how ridiculous it is to kick police officers out of a coffee shop. To you, the opposite of that statement is that all cops are corrupt? I didn't take offense, I made a joke and didn't understand your counter....that is the extent. You can comment after every statement I make, then accuse me of not letting it go?

Sorry dude, I don't understand your stance here. And like I said, if your opinion is every cop is corrupt then I hope you never need one. I also know several you should probably meet.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:40 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:02 pm
The opposite of my argument? I made a joke about how ridiculous it is to kick police officers out of a coffee shop. To you, the opposite of that statement is that all cops are corrupt? I didn't take offense, I made a joke and didn't understand your counter....that is the extent. You can comment after every statement I make, then accuse me of not letting it go?

Sorry dude, I don't understand your stance here. And like I said, if your opinion is every cop is corrupt then I hope you never need one. I also know several you should probably meet.
Yeah, you weren't joking and no I don't need the cops for shit. The last part sounds like a threat.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:14 pm

No threat....my meaning is I know many police officers, family and friends, that aren't corrupt. My jab at Starbucks most certainly was a joke, and this discussion needs to end as it is going nowhere. I am sorry if my joke some how offended you as it was simply that...a joke. Hating all cops is something I won't joke about, you are well within your rights to hate them...not sure why you believe I am not within mine to believe people shouldn't hate someone...simply for being a cop.

BUT, like I said many posts ago.....bygones.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:19 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:14 pm
No threat....my meaning is I know many police officers, family and friends, that aren't corrupt. My jab at Starbucks most certainly was a joke, and this discussion needs to end as it is going nowhere. I am sorry if my joke some how offended you as it was simply that...a joke. Hating all cops is something I won't joke about, you are well within your rights to hate them...not sure why you believe I am not within mine to believe people shouldn't hate someone...simply for being a cop.

BUT, like I said many posts ago.....bygones.
Where is this offended BS coming from? I don't get offended. You can hate or not hate whomever you wish. I was clear on my thoughts. No one should slide their political beliefs in here. You obviously don't care for mine.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:25 pm

It is a political belief that someone shouldn't be kicked out of a coffee shop for the profession they chose? If you weren't offended, why have you continued to find offense in what I said?

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:40 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:25 pm
It is a political belief that someone shouldn't be kicked out of a coffee shop for the profession they chose? If you weren't offended, why have you continued to find offense in what I said?
Why did you take an offense to what I said? You made it perfectly clear you have friends and family that are cops. Why did you feel the need to bring to bring up here? There are two sides to that argument. Hence it is political. I don't bring up issues that concern me. Stick to football.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:33 pm

Why does it matter if I have friends or family that are cops? My point was in response to your statement that every cop is corrupt. I guess I was using it as an example of how I personally know some who are not. I would never tell you all cops are good, just like I wouldn't tell you that about any profession.

As for sticking to topic. This thread compared two owners who both not only owned Professional Sports teams in the Seattle area, but also owned others retail businesses that originated in the Seattle area. I commented about that, in what I felt was a funny commentary on a silly situation that happened recently.

As for the political part. Did you really say that any debate that goes back and forth is political? Does that make the age old Coke versus Pepsi debate political? How about Great Taste versus Less Filling? I don't get that.

Not everything needs to be labeled political, nor does every disagreement need to be a major issue. If you honestly believe that every cop is corrupt and that it is impossible that you would ever need the help of one...then I simply don't know what to say. My home was robbed, it is pretty hard to file an insurance claim without a police report. I know many people, including myself, who have been in serious accidents. Police officers were the first on the scene. But, I guess we would all be better off without them?

And finally, if you really think this is so far off topic, and has no business on this thread, why do you continue to not only comment, but quote what I said as to directly reply to it? I honestly don't feel that this has been an uncivil debate, no name calling or personal attacks, etc.. I feel we can easily disagree on a subject and have it be just that, a conversation. That is what I meant saying I was sorry you took offense...because it seemed to me that you did. If you did not then I see another reason why there is no reason that this discussion is that big of a deal.

You think all police officers are corrupt, I do not. That may be the only thing we disagreed with besides was my original statement a joke or not.