Jalen Ramsey?

Hanjag

Re: Jalen Ramsey?

Post by Hanjag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:28 am

I will pass. Pete and the Hawks seem to develop really well with players they like. The built Sherman and Chancellor, Browner, Maxwell, ( ET was really the only high draft pick) Shead,and others.

I think they like both Flowers, and Griffin. The Safeties are a problem no more 2 best in the league that is an issue: They basically had Ronnie Lott and Kenny Easily back there. It is a huge adjustment not being able to pencil those two into the team.

I just don't think he would be a good fit: See Harvin!

I think Ramsey's head would be so big coming here he is already developed I don't think he would be smart enough to enrich his game by following the coaching of the old man. I could be convinced otherwise. I mean the secondary is young and developing Tedric Thompson, Griffin, Flowers, Blair have what 4 years of experience between them. Throw a top 5 corner in there and you strengthen what is probably by far5 the weakest unit in a season you already have 1 go for it in Clowney in the mix. Ramsey is on his 5th year team option for this year. F.A. next year so he is a short term investment. E.T was rumored to be a 3rd rounder. Is it worth it?

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:08 am

Ramsey just got his ass beat bad on a about a 50 yard bomb.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:37 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:08 am
Ramsey just got his ass beat bad on a about a 50 yard bomb.
He's doesn't care. The talent is undeniable. But the headache that comes with it. Didn't we already go through this? Notice how all the Seahawks conversation now is about football? No outside bullshit. Even Clowney is fitting in like he's been a Seahawk the whole time.

I really don't want this. I think Carroll loves players like Ramsey. The brashness, the drama. I think he loves it all.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ramsey isn't a Hawk by tomorrow. :(

trharder

Post by trharder » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:01 am

ThePro wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:37 am
The talent is undeniable. But the headache that comes with it. Didn't we already go through this? Notice how all the Seahawks conversation now is about football? No outside bullshit. Even Clowney is fitting in like he's been a Seahawk the whole time.
This is a good point I had taken for granted, but shouldn't have. It currently is about football. I don't miss the bullshit.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:10 am

trharder wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:01 am
ThePro wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:37 am
The talent is undeniable. But the headache that comes with it. Didn't we already go through this? Notice how all the Seahawks conversation now is about football? No outside bullshit. Even Clowney is fitting in like he's been a Seahawk the whole time.
This is a good point I had taken for granted, but shouldn't have. It currently is about football. I don't miss the bullshit.
Exactly. Wyman had a good analogy. He said when his kids were in high school the house was a shit show mess with complete craziness and then they went to college and everything was peaceful orderly and clean. Then they came back for summer break and it was back to chaos. Ramsey coming would be like a derelict juvenile delinquent coming back to a nice peaceful home.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:35 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:10 am

Exactly. Wyman had a good analogy. He said when his kids were in high school the house was a shit show mess with complete craziness and then they went to college and everything was peaceful orderly and clean. Then they came back for summer break and it was back to chaos. Ramsey coming would be like a derelict juvenile delinquent coming back to a nice peaceful home.
Now he's never committed a crime. I know you were kidding. But he will not STFU. That means showing up to practice in who knows what and guaranteeing wins and Superbowls. All of it. He's like Sherman but without a purpose or reasoning behind it. Ramsey just seems like a dick. However that dick held Hopkins to 40 yards when they played the Texans. He is a game changer. Seahawks defense would be lethal. Half of the field completely shut down. You think Rams aren't afraid of him coming here? Niners? Hell that trade would make the Patriots go "Huh what?" Who knows?

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:35 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:13 am
seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:52 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0y9jgATClg

I want this guy.

It would hurt with picks.
And it would hurt with the cap later.
He's going to want his $$$
Damn, why does he have to be such a tool. I guess if he wasn't he wouldn't be available.
I do too. Ramsey is the equivalent of Khalil Mack. It's just does he fit in our locker room?

Hey, Richard Sherman once upon a time was a very hated individual throughout the league because he was such a big trash talker. God I miss him out there on the flank. 😢

I wouldn't trade 2 1st's though. Jacksonville has painted themselves into a corner by saying they want to trade him for max value. What they SHOULD be saying is we aren't that interested in trading Ramsey. But that's the difference between their front office and the badass ones in ours.

Offer a 1st, a conditional, and a player(player value would determine the conditional pick).. And depending on which player it was, would determine the value of the next pick.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:07 pm

If this guy is that much of a difference maker I pony up. There's a difference between toxic & trash talker. Was Percy a toxic or a trash talker. As long as you show up on Sundays & give 110% on Sundays I could care less what you do. If he's that good, if he's the new Sherman & you know how Pete has an affinity for DBs, you know their interested in this guy. If he can make that much of a difference in your roster absolutely. But 2 1sts I don't know about that one. I guarantee our FO ain't nothing compared to that of Jacksonville.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:39 pm

I am not worried about trash talking, I am worried about demanding a trade the first time he has to play zone or is "disrespected"
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:05 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:39 pm
I am not worried about trash talking, I am worried about demanding a trade the first time he has to play zone or is "disrespected"
He's more than trash talking. He is toxic. Harvin is a good comparison. Look at his situation now. Jags are 1-2. Looks like they lucked out and found a franchise QB. Defense was dominant. Division is ripe for the taking. What's the big story coming out of Jacksonville now? Ramsey is a distraction.