Post Mortem: Seahawks v Big Easy

DavidGee24

Re: Post Mortem: Seahawks v Big Easy

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:23 pm

XpertDBA wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:18 pm
Why the hell is Carroll kicking the extra point down 13 ? Is he getting so old he doesn't understand the simple mathematical equations of when to go for 1 and when to go for 2? I thought all coaches had a chart for these things.

You go for 2 points to make it a 2 possession game. Kicking the extra point just gives up on the game when there was at least a miniscule chance of getting the tie.

I'm losing more faith in the old geezer by the minute. Next thing you know, he'll be asking Servais for advice.
Nantz and Romo were all over that right away, and Romo could barely hide his sarcasm. PC just does some really senile stuff. Thankfully he'll probably never top the inexplicable fake field goal attempt against the Falcons where they tried an inside run with Luke Willson from the 17 yard line and no time on the clock.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:50 pm

ThePro wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:30 pm
This game stings to me because Rams and 49ers bothe won. Carroll struggles with clock management and/or situational football. I have no idea why. It's not getting better anytime soon. Probably costs him 1-2 wins a season.

Carson has a severe case of fumblitis. Could be a career ender. Its like sharks sensing blood in the water. If they think you are going to cough it up they will be even more tenacious in their strips. No one can take that. The only remedy is to hold onto it with two hands until they leave him alone. This was Penny's big chance. Still might be. Not sure what is going on there. I know it is impossible to pull a hamstring during a walkthrough.

Particularly disappointed in the pass rush. Always pisses me off whenever I see Ramczyk play. This FO glossed over him ( and Cam Robinson) like it was no big deal. He held Watt and Clowney to zero sacks .

I'll go ahead and say it now. Ansah sucks. I knew he was an injury prone overrated POS before and yesterday confirmed it for me.

Other than that I'm not worried either.
Well, not much to add to that. When you are right, you are right. I agree with everything you said.

Sunday was a crapfest. We had played poorly and still won twice before. Maybe as aurora said....this was needed?

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:40 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:50 pm
ThePro wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:30 pm
This game stings to me because Rams and 49ers bothe won. Carroll struggles with clock management and/or situational football. I have no idea why. It's not getting better anytime soon. Probably costs him 1-2 wins a season.

Carson has a severe case of fumblitis. Could be a career ender. Its like sharks sensing blood in the water. If they think you are going to cough it up they will be even more tenacious in their strips. No one can take that. The only remedy is to hold onto it with two hands until they leave him alone. This was Penny's big chance. Still might be. Not sure what is going on there. I know it is impossible to pull a hamstring during a walkthrough.

Particularly disappointed in the pass rush. Always pisses me off whenever I see Ramczyk play. This FO glossed over him ( and Cam Robinson) like it was no big deal. He held Watt and Clowney to zero sacks .

I'll go ahead and say it now. Ansah sucks. I knew he was an injury prone overrated POS before and yesterday confirmed it for me.

Other than that I'm not worried either.
Well, not much to add to that. When you are right, you are right. I agree with everything you said.

Sunday was a crapfest. We had played poorly and still won twice before. Maybe as aurora said....this was needed?
It's so hard being a fan of this team . Always extremism. Either they look like shit or they beat a team really good. These guys beat Kansas City last year. Amd when they so play like crap they STILL don't lose by double digits. 500 yards of offense and lose? On to Arizona..

I smelled a loss coming but I thought Taysom Hill was gonna surprise them .Didn't think they were gonna give a win away at home.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:55 am

Just once I would like to see how we do making a normal amount of mistakes that most teams make. I mean if you take all 256 games played last season I bet the following didn't happen more than once.

Covering up the center on a FG, not calling a TO with seconds left when you have TWO of them, not going for two when it was the obvious thing to do and having a guy in freaking street clothes run out onto the field to celebrate a simple turnover.

And we did it all in one game. How is that even possible.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:03 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:55 am
Just once I would like to see how we do making a normal amount of mistakes that most teams make. I mean if you take all 256 games played last season I bet the following didn't happen more than once.

Covering up the center on a FG, not calling a TO with seconds left when you have TWO of them, not going for two when it was the obvious thing to do and having a guy in freaking street clothes run out onto the field to celebrate a simple turnover.

I'll say it once.. I'll say it a 100 x . You guys are already probably tired of me saying it. That fumble changed everything. .. Hawks weren't the same after that.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:14 am

ThePro wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:03 am
D-train wrote:

I'll say it once.. I'll say it a 100 x . You guys are already probably tired of me saying it. That fumble changed everything. .. Hawks weren't the same after that.
I know but that was a physical error caused by a great defensive play and it wasn't like he was holding the ball like a loaf of bread. Dude's got cannons for arms. I don't know how he can squeeze it any tighter. The one thing I did notice is right as he started going down he had both arms around the ball but at the last second he released one to break his fall. I guess he shouldn't have done that.

It was bad but mental errors are totally preventable.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:32 am

D-train wrote:
Covering up the center on a FG
How long has Al Woods been in the league? How does he not know that you can't line up on the long snapper? I guess it's possible he this is the first time he has been used on special teams that way, but still he should have been coached up on that.
not calling a TO with seconds left when you have TWO of them
How do the players as well as the coach all miss that? Was it one of those deals where everyone is expecting someone else to take action, so they do nothing?
not going for two when it was the obvious thing to do
I thought most coaches had an assistant whose job it is to make sure they don't blow those. Maybe Carroll should look into it.
having a guy in freaking street clothes run out onto the field to celebrate a simple turnover.
You would think someone else on the sideline would have stopped him. Where were their heads at?
Pete is losin' it, apparently.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:48 am

Thompson figured if he is going to lower our chances to win while in uniform, he might as well do it out of uniform too! Tell me again why this guys eats up a roster spot?

As for Penny, can anyone think of a first round pick that couldn't beat out a sixth round selection that has issues with fumbling?

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:07 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:48 am
Thompson figured if he is going to lower our chances to win while in uniform, he might as well do it out of uniform too! Tell me again why this guys eats up a roster spot?

As for Penny, can anyone think of a first round pick that couldn't beat out a sixth round selection that has issues with fumbling?
You're hung up on that "beat out" thing. You must have insight that none of us have. How is Penny supposed to beat Carson out? I'll wait.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:34 am

All he needs to do is get the person whe handles the footballs on gameday in Phoenix to grease one up a little before a 3rd and 1 play and the job will be his! If Brady could get the balls deflated i'm sure he can pull it off.
:lol: