ET thread

D-train

Re: ET thread

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:50 am

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:39 am
I love Earl Thomas. Dude was a baller. He gave his all every time he put a Hawks uni on.

He wanted a new contract, the Hawks didn't give it to him... yeah there were the 2 broken legs, but I'd be pissed too knowing what I've given to this franchise... + look at our safeties now. He was a franchise altering player.

Hawks fans should and will give him a huge ovation. My guess is they'll welcome him back on the big screen and he'll get a big ovation. One he deserves for helping change a franchise of despair into a perennial winner.
Franchise of despair? He was born with speed and a nose for the football and he played hard. I think he was a great player but I am just not a big fan and I certainly don't love him. I definitely wouldn't boo him though.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:04 am

dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:26 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:19 am
I don't know why so many Seahawk players feel betrayed when they are allowed to go into free agency. Don't they understand it's a business and teams can only sign so many players to mega contracts?
You know they were talking about that today on 710. And what they said was players love Carroll. He develops a close bind with them. They feel like he is almost a father figure and when they get let go it hurts. Look at how all the veterans reacted. In comparison when like Belichick cuts someone players are like FU i didn't like him anyways.
Last edited by ThePro on Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:21 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:44 am
Is this guy for real? :lol:

https://twitter.com/RobReimer4/status/1 ... 0473410560
Uncle Rico on steroids (figuratively if not literally). Gotta luv those 5 inch bench presses.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:49 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:50 am

Franchise of despair? He was born with speed and a nose for the football and he played hard. I think he was a great player but I am just not a big fan and I certainly don't love him. I definitely wouldn't boo him though.
It's funny every Seahawks fan has a player from the Superbowl years that they can't stand. For whatever reason. Some Sherman, some Bennett. Hell even Russell bothers some fans. There is a certain "angry" WR that was so awesome the offense would suffer without him :roll: . I hate that fucker. And I thought he was overrated as hell.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:59 pm

It really is too bad. Guys like Bennett and Sherman became locker room cancers over the Super Bowl. What they failed to realize is that Bevell is an idiot, but he isn’t the one that couldn’t stop Brady in the 4th quarter with a 10 point lead. Baldwin not only talked WAY too much, his refusal to support Wilson turned me off. Odd that the passing game is better off without him! Not. As for ET? Was the highest paid player at his position when he signed, then wanted to act disrespected. The BS in Dallas, the holdout and the middle finger pretty much ended things for me.

Sherman, Baldwin, Bennett and Thomas were all on the last Pete Carroll lead team to miss the playoffs. Not sure that was coincidental. Just surprised Lynch wasn’t there to miss the bus trip! A bunch of great players that were on board, and the team won. Then they were too busy worrying about themselves, and the team lost.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:37 pm

I bet you all would welcome them back in a heartbeat if they wanted to come back especially Earl. What still irkes me about the SB blunder is somehow WIlson thought that way a good enough play to call that he didn't need to audible. I mean you can't tell me the 3 headed horse of Pete, Bevell, & Russ all thought that was a good play. If I was Beast I'd of said "F this, gimme the ball & I'm gonna score here". That's all that had to be said.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:55 pm

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:37 pm
I bet you all would welcome them back in a heartbeat if they wanted to come back especially Earl. What still irkes me about the SB blunder is somehow WIlson thought that way a good enough play to call that he didn't need to audible. I mean you can't tell me the 3 headed horse of Pete, Bevell, & Russ all thought that was a good play. If I was Beast I'd of said "F this, gimme the ball & I'm gonna score here". That's all that had to be said.
Everything to the right of our right tackle was wide open. If RW just pump fakes he could have crawled to the right front end zone pylon. So sad.
dt

roosevelt

Post by roosevelt » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:45 pm

I do appreciate a DB that can tackle. His method out of here was piss poor.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:12 pm

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:37 pm
Sherman no, Bennett no, Baldwin can kick rocks. Thomas yes. According to Lynch Wilson did ask should he change it in the huddle.
Last edited by ThePro on Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.