Tampa Bay

ThePro

Re: Tampa Bay

Post by ThePro » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:55 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:16 pm
douche wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:10 pm
Well, Josh Freeman couldn't get it done, and now it appears as though Winston isn't the guy. Some of these players look great in college, but struggle to transition to the NFL.

Tough times in Tampa.
Its tough to find a good QB. Just ask the Jets, the Dolphins, the Browns, the Redskins, the Bills, the Raiders, the Jaguars, the Titans, the Vikings the Bears................

We are blessed....
Vikings and Bills have good QBs

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:56 pm

Jaguars might have got lucky with the Stache too..

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:59 pm

Ours definitely has the most creative portraits....

https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/sta ... 6798242816
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:22 pm

I fully expect Seattle to stick to their script at home.

1. Host shitty team - refuse to take them seriously. Prediction of huge blow outs follow.
2. Seattle gets the ball, promptly goes three and out. Seattle burns a time out on second and nine because they somehow can't get a play called in time, because somehow, they have never been in a second and nine situation before. Dickson punts, to Carroll's delight.
3. Tampa gets at least one 50 yard pass play as they shove the ball right down Seattle's throat and score early. Along the way, Carroll challenges the 50 yard pass play for PI - even though it wasn't even close to being PI. Second time out wasted.
4. Seattle possession, incomplete bomb, incomplete screen, Carson for no gain. Carroll again excited to watch Dickson 'do what he do"
5. Arians dials up trick play - Tampa scores again. Seattle fans grow uneasy.
6. Seattle gets a home town penalty call their way and have to settle for a worthless field goal after a holding call nullifies a red zone first down.
7. Arians, motivated to beat his former rival - plays to win the game and Tampa scores again with under two minutes until the half. They decide to go for two because - nothing to lose. Carroll burns time out number three. Tampa's two pointer is successful despite the wasted time out.
8. Seattle goes into two minute mode - yet runs on first down. Clock under a minute to go.
9. Long pass to Lockett sets Seattle up nicely inside Tampa territory.
10. Seattle inexplicably runs the ball, hoping to fool the defense. It doesn't.
11. Wilson has to spike the ball to stop the clock.
12. Seattle bumbles around getting the FG unit on the field for a 48 yard FG. Delay of game penalty.
13. Ifedi jumps off sides.
14. Jason misses 58 yard field goal into a 40 mile an hour wind. Carroll looks shocked.
15. Standard second half scramble drill to try and make up for 30 minutes of conservative, bumbling, ineptness against a team playing to win.

Fans and pundits mention Seattle's first have aggression versus Atlanta and how successful it was in building a 24-0 lead, query Carroll on why they don't do that at home. Carroll mentions something about 'we have to do better' and 'always compete', which answers nothing.

Sound about right? How many f'n times have we seen this movie? :P

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:27 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:22 pm
I fully expect Seattle to stick to their script at home.

1. Host shitty team - refuse to take them seriously. Prediction of huge blow outs follow.
2. Seattle gets the ball, promptly goes three and out. Seattle burns a time out on second and nine because they somehow can't get a play called in time, because somehow, they have never been in a second and nine situation before. Dickson punts, to Carroll's delight.
3. Tampa gets at least one 50 yard pass play as they shove the ball right down Seattle's throat and score early. Along the way, Carroll challenges the 50 yard pass play for PI - even though it wasn't even close to being PI. Second time out wasted.
4. Seattle possession, incomplete bomb, incomplete screen, Carson for no gain. Carroll again excited to watch Dickson 'do what he do"
5. Arians dials up trick play - Tampa scores again. Seattle fans grow uneasy.
6. Seattle gets a home town penalty call their way and have to settle for a worthless field goal after a holding call nullifies a red zone first down.
7. Arians, motivated to beat his former rival - plays to win the game and Tampa scores again with under two minutes until the half. They decide to go for two because - nothing to lose. Carroll burns time out number three. Tampa's two pointer is successful despite the wasted time out.
8. Seattle goes into two minute mode - yet runs on first down. Clock under a minute to go.
9. Long pass to Lockett sets Seattle up nicely inside Tampa territory.
10. Seattle inexplicably runs the ball, hoping to fool the defense. It doesn't.
11. Wilson has to spike the ball to stop the clock.
12. Seattle bumbles around getting the FG unit on the field for a 48 yard FG. Delay of game penalty.
13. Ifedi jumps off sides.
14. Jason misses 58 yard field goal into a 40 mile an hour wind. Carroll looks shocked.
15. Standard second half scramble drill to try and make up for 30 minutes of conservative, bumbling, ineptness against a team playing to win.

Fans and pundits mention Seattle's first have aggression versus Atlanta and how successful it was in building a 24-0 lead, query Carroll on why they don't do that at home. Carroll mentions something about 'we have to do better' and 'always compete', which answers nothing.

Sound about right? How many f'n times have we seen this movie? :P
I am glad I didn't read that right before going to bed or I would have nightmares all night long! lol
dt

douche

Post by douche » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:36 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:54 pm
The last time they came to town was 2013. We were 7-1 and they were 0-7. We were 18 point favs. They took a 24-7 lead in the fourth quarter before we came back to win in OT 27-24. lol

Sounds familiar.....
It sure does. As auroraave also stated.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:45 pm

On the serious side with the lack of pass rush, inconsistent secondary play, Tampa's ability to shut down the run, Mike Evans and OJ Howard can destroy Hawks defense, Arians success rate up here ( He's already talking shit) and Ndamukong Suh... This game is not looking too good for the Home team.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:49 pm

ThePro wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:45 pm
On the serious side with the lack of pass rush, inconsistent secondary play, Tampa's ability to shut down the run, Mike Evans and OJ Howard can destroy Hawks defense, Arians success rate up here ( He's already talking shit) and Ndamukong Suh... This game is not looking too good for the Home team.
Not to mention they beat the Rams by 15 in LA.
dt

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:53 pm

Here's our franchise history against the Bucs: https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/se ... eam?opp=30

The Hawks have almost lost five in a row to these clowns. In the early days the Hawks dominated the matchup, including the inaugural year for both franchises in which they came the closest to being the only team to lose to the 0-14 Smilin' Pirates. Mike Curtis blocked a field goal in the closing seconds to save the victory, 13-10, ensuring the Bucs' status as The Worst Team In NFL History. As coach John McKay said when asked about his team's execution, "I'm all for it".

The last time we played them was three years ago in that OOOOOGLY 14-5 loss in Tampa. One of the most boring Hawk games I've ever seen.

I can remember most Hawk games going back to 1976, but with the Bucs I can only remember a few (like one in I think 1994 where Mack Strong scored on a sweep in the closing seconds to win the game - yep, Strong on a sweep, it really happened), that's how non-eventful a matchup it's been.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:04 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:53 pm
Here's our franchise history against the Bucs: https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/se ... eam?opp=30

The Hawks have almost lost five in a row to these clowns. In the early days the Hawks dominated the matchup, including the inaugural year for both franchises in which they came the closest to being the only team to lose to the 0-14 Smilin' Pirates. Mike Curtis blocked a field goal in the closing seconds to save the victory, 13-10, ensuring the Bucs' status as The Worst Team In NFL History. As coach John McKay said when asked about his team's execution, "I'm all for it".

The last time we played them was three years ago in that OOOOOGLY 14-5 loss in Tampa. One of the most boring Hawk games I've ever seen.

I can remember most Hawk games going back to 1976, but with the Bucs I can only remember a few (like one in I think 1994 where Mack Strong scored on a sweep in the closing seconds to win the game - yep, Strong on a sweep, it really happened), that's how non-eventful a matchup it's been.
I fear history is going to repeat itself. A young EDGE rusher with quickness, A big WR that gets open against everyone, a ridiculously atheletic TE a DT that has perennially given us problems amd a coach that inexplicably knows how to win at Century Link field but nowhere else .