Our non existent pass rush

AZOldDawg

Re: Our non existent pass rush

Post by AZOldDawg » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:32 am

ThePro wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:01 am
AZOldDawg wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:59 pm
It seems to me to be due to poor defensive scheming or a lot of players owe us some change. Clowny has been solid but he appears to be a living tribute to how good J.J. Watt really is. There should be a combo of down line players that works but it hasn't. Any quarterback given forever to throw is going to be successful and the real good ones are gong to tear us apart. 400 plus yards for a back up? If we are going to be giving up all that yardage I'd at least prefer we do it with all kinds of blitz packages.
Clowney is the most double teamed player in football this year. Not sure what you mean
I agree but the converse was true in Texas where JJ got the double team and JC reigned terror as a result. I'm not down on him but I'm down on the rest of the D Line.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:22 am

AZOldDawg wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:32 am

I agree but the converse was true in Texas where JJ got the double team and JC reigned terror as a result. I'm not down on him but I'm down on the rest of the D Line.
That's bullshit. Clowney had his best seasons without Watt.

douche

Post by douche » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:46 pm

ThePro wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:47 am
Whoever you get as coordinator is only going to have so much input with Carroll there . It's not like Norton has free reign. Carroll is pretty much the D coordinator.
Yep, just like our OC. At the end of the day, everything is on Carroll.

It just baffles me to think that we can't protect our QB (and don't even seem to want to), the offense is utterly predictable, the challenge flag is useless... It's as if Carroll flat-out refuses to game plan for opponents and simply wants to will his team to victory by chewing gum and cheerleading on the sidelines. That may have worked when SEA had the league's best defense and Marshawn Lynch in the backfield, but those days are over.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:55 pm

baffles me how he has managed a 6-2 record....

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:27 pm

Carroll may very well be insane and not know it.

:lol:

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:49 pm

douche wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:46 pm
ThePro wrote:
Whoever you get as coordinator is only going to have so much input with Carroll there . It's not like Norton has free reign. Carroll is pretty much the D coordinator.

It just baffles me to think that we can't protect our QB (and don't even seem to want to), the offense is utterly predictable, the challenge flag is useless... It's as if Carroll flat-out refuses to game plan for opponents and simply wants to will his team to victory by chewing gum and cheerleading on the sidelines. That may have worked when SEA had the league's best defense and Marshawn Lynch in the backfield, but those days are over.
Link to where you are getting your information on Carroll " "Flat out refusing to game plan for opponents "

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:09 pm

ThePro wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:49 pm
Link to where you are getting your information on Carroll " "Flat out refusing to game plan for opponents "
My eyes!? LOL

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:48 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:09 pm
ThePro wrote:
My eyes!? LOL
You would make a good referee with eyes like that.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:56 pm

ThePro wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:48 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:09 pm
ThePro wrote:
My eyes!? LOL
You would make a good referee with eyes like that.
Sounds like you are throwing a challenge flag. :)
dt

douche

Post by douche » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:55 pm

ThePro wrote:
douche wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:46 pm
ThePro wrote:

If you read what was written, it says, 'It's as if Carroll flat-out refuses...'

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the stubbornness in Carroll. Remember last year's wildcard game against DAL? Run, run, run, oops, we're out of time. Terrible time-clock management and what would appear to be a refusal to adapt. When DAL won't let you run on them the entire game, perhaps a different approach is in order.