Re: Add Ben Baldwin to the how do these guys get paid list

Post by Bil522 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:24 am

D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:39 am
Bil522 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:32 am
D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:01 am
D-train ain't afraid to call these bitches out.

Russell Okung was elite-ish.....ok better than most
Joey Galloway was elite....they did get back 2 #1's for him
Wrong on Okung. Yes good call on Galloway, I knew I had to be forgetting someone. And this someone was drafted when when John Schneider was 24 yo intern for the Packers and PC was unemployed after getting fired by the Jets.
Well up until 2018 he was the 7th best left tackle during tbe time he played according to PFF. That is better than most...which he is/was

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:44 am

D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:50 am

Like I have said, the most brilliant and difficult thing a human can do is recognize their weakness, admit it and take steps to mitigate it. Can't express how much I respect them for making that trade.
I don't think they did it because of their draft history. If a team dangles a top 10 player out there. You capitalize on it. If the goal of your franchise is to win championships. I respect them for taking the risk .

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:38 am

Bil522 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:24 am
D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:39 am
Bil522 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:32 am

Russell Okung was elite-ish.....ok better than most
Joey Galloway was elite....they did get back 2 #1's for him
Wrong on Okung. Yes good call on Galloway, I knew I had to be forgetting someone. And this someone was drafted when when John Schneider was 24 yo intern for the Packers and PC was unemployed after getting fired by the Jets.
Well up until 2018 he was the 7th best left tackle during tbe time he played according to PFF. That is better than most...which he is/was
He is actually irrelevant in the discussion given he was drafted 6th. We didn't trade away two top 10 first round picks.......at least I hope we didn't.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:40 am

ThePro wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:44 am
D-train wrote:

Like I have said, the most brilliant and difficult thing a human can do is recognize their weakness, admit it and take steps to mitigate it. Can't express how much I respect them for making that trade.
I don't think they did it because of their draft history. If a team dangles a top 10 player out there. You capitalize on it. If the goal of your franchise is to win championships. I respect them for taking the risk .
Maybe but I think if that have been knocking their first picks out of the park the past five years they would have been far more reluctant to give two up.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:07 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:40 am
ThePro wrote:
D-train wrote:

Maybe but I think if that have been knocking their first picks out of the park the past five years they would have been far more reluctant to give two up.
Probably. But I swear. Barring the unthinkable... Those picks are going to be in the 30s.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:46 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:07 pm
D-train wrote:
ThePro wrote:

Probably. But I swear. Barring the unthinkable... Those picks are going to be in the 30s.
I hope you are right. Have to make it to the Conference title game AND have the better reg. season record than the AFC title game loser.
The four teams eliminated in the wild card round pick in slots 21-24 in the reverse order of their final regular season records.
The four teams eliminated in the divisional round pick in slots 25-28 in the reverse order of their final regular season records.
The two teams that lost in the conference championships pick in the 29th and 30th spots in the reverse order of their final regular season records.
The team that lost the Super Bowl has the 31st pick in the draft.
The Super Bowl champion has the 32nd and final spot in each round.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:35 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:46 pm
ThePro wrote:
D-train wrote:

I hope you are right. Have to make it to the Conference title game AND have the better reg. season record than the AFC title game loser.
The four teams eliminated in the wild card round pick in slots 21-24 in the reverse order of their final regular season records.
The four teams eliminated in the divisional round pick in slots 25-28 in the reverse order of their final regular season records.
The two teams that lost in the conference championships pick in the 29th and 30th spots in the reverse order of their final regular season records.
This is for fantasy or some type of gambling? I think you're safe ... they need to sign the big guy though.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:25 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:35 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:46 pm
ThePro wrote:

This is for fantasy or some type of gambling? I think you're safe ... they need to sign the big guy though.
That is how the NFL draft order is determined.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:34 pm

D-train wrote:
ThePro wrote:
D-train wrote:

If they had been knocking their first picks out of the park they may not have needed to make this trade.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:36 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:34 pm
D-train wrote:
ThePro wrote:

If they had been knocking their first picks out of the park they may not have needed to make this trade.
:!: :!: :!: :!: Winner! :)
dt