Watson to the Browns??

douche

Re: Watson to the Browns??

Post by douche » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:15 pm

Cleveland... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Perennial loser franchise.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:28 am

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:24 pm
I heard Salk say yesterday that Cleveland claims to have done their "due diligence on this", and yet....never even called the attorneys in the case.
they don't care about his victims, they only care about whether or not the NFL would suspend him. "Due diligence" to them is calling the NFL office to see what they're planning, and waiting to see if there are criminal charges. It's really disgusting, actually, and I hope it comes back to bite them in the ass. Sadly, I know it won't, though. They're gonna Michael-Vick this situation and give him like a 2 game suspension and make him speak to victims groups or some horseshit.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:35 am

douche wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:15 pm
Cleveland... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Perennial loser franchise.
Not according to Drew Cary. Cleveland Rocks!

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:47 am

Michael K. wrote:
I heard Salk say yesterday that Cleveland claims to have done their "due diligence on this", and yet....never even called the attorneys in the case.
yes, they sent him a massage therapist.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:05 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:28 am
Michael K. wrote:
they don't care about his victims, they only care about whether or not the NFL would suspend him. "Due diligence" to them is calling the NFL office to see what they're planning, and waiting to see if there are criminal charges. It's really disgusting, actually, and I hope it comes back to bite them in the ass. Sadly, I know it won't, though. They're gonna Michael-Vick this situation and give him like a 2 game suspension and make him speak to victims groups or some horseshit.
Pretty much the same criticism of the Hawks with Frank Clark

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:17 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:05 am

valid point, but there's no comparison. Clark had some issues with the law, yes, but using a 3rd round-ish pick on a kid with past legal issues isn't quite on the same level as trading a record haul for a sexual predator with ongoing, current allegations PLUS giving him a 9-digit contract.

I mean, due diligence on a draft pick is a LOT less to begin with, plus there wasn't much in question with Clark - he admitted it, if I remember right. Not much to research about it.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:52 am

Wasn't trying to compare them, I said it sounded like similar criticism
.A year ago, such an explanation might have mitigated the backlash, including criticism of the Seahawks' decision not to re-interview witnesses about the November incident in an Ohio hotel room involving Clark's then-girlfriend that led to his dismissal from the Wolverines football team.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:15 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:05 am
SeattleAddict wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:28 am
Michael K. wrote:
Yep, 30 plus counts of sexual assault are "pretty much" the same as a guy who defended himself while his girlfriend hit him with a lamp. Fucking A.