Let's Ride! Broncos' Country Amusement Thread

douche

Re: Let's Ride! Broncos' Country Amusement Thread

Post by douche » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:08 pm

I'm just going to say it... DEN is an all-round disaster. The new ownership group, the clueless GM, the Wilson trade, the injuries. Payton certainly has his work cut out for him. My gut tells me that they're going to suck hard again this season.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:06 pm

They have some talent, RW is a better QB than he showed last season, the coaching was terrible, Payton is a lot better. I think it's the biggest turnaround of the league

maoling

Post by maoling » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:00 am

I'm thinking 6-11 or 7-10 for Team Cringe this year, and I'm not sure if RW is still the QB by December.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:01 am

Odds makers have them at 8 1/2 wins

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:42 pm

Wilson will be fine - all the responsibility will be taken out of his hands and placed on the defense and running game - with a few easy play action and some bootlegs - in other words - the exact offense he had in Seattle before he thought he was too good for it. Donkey's have a stout defense that'll keep 'em in most games. they should be able to get close to 10 wins - ironically with the exact recipe used in seattle - but donkeynation will call him a hero and demand he be "Comeback player of the Year!" while not realizing it's the same offense that was 'holding him back" and infringing on his "legacy". Donkey fans are the 9er fans of the AFC. Gonna be hilarious to watch Wilson bathe in the "comeback" talk - another individual accolade that is all wilson is about and donkeynation has not yet figured out. He was SO bad - that being average will look 'amazing" and the predictable narratives will spew from the brain dead 'media' about his 'historic comeback". Colon Cowtard will spend all season holding wilson's cock and saying "I told you so". Anyone wanna place bets on that?

Meanwhile, over in Seattle, Geno Smith gonna be gunnin' for an MVP.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:50 pm

Man I hope you are right about Geno. I could see it going either way....
dt

douche

Post by douche » Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:03 pm

auroraave wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:42 pm
in other words - the exact offense he had in Seattle before he thought he was too good for it.
So accurate.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:11 pm

douche wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:03 pm
auroraave wrote:
in other words - the exact offense he had in Seattle before he thought he was too good for it.
So accurate.
But he will embrace it because the guy that puts it in place is known as an offensive guy, and not Pete, a defensive guy. Most of the National media will fawn all over it...it'll make me puke. I can't wait to hear the spin from Colin Cowherd when he talks about it. All the talk about how Pete and the Seahawks held Russ back, will be followed by how Payton is a genius for resurrecting his career. By handling him exactly the same as Pete did. Puke.

Think about the number of OC's Russ has cost jobs? I didn't see it that way back then. I saw it as those guys had to go because they couldn't take the passing game to the next level. Then? Russ got exactly what he wanted, and we all watched him fall on his ass. And? He cost another coach his job.
Last edited by Michael K. on Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:11 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wilson will be fine - all the responsibility will be taken out of his hands and placed on the defense and running game - with a few easy play action and some bootlegs - in other words - the exact offense he had in Seattle before he thought he was too good for it. Donkey's have a stout defense that'll keep 'em in most games. they should be able to get close to 10 wins - ironically with the exact recipe used in seattle - but donkeynation will call him a hero and demand he be "Comeback player of the Year!" while not realizing it's the same offense that was 'holding him back" and infringing on his "legacy". Donkey fans are the 9er fans of the AFC. Gonna be hilarious to watch Wilson bathe in the "comeback" talk - another individual accolade that is all wilson is about and donkeynation has not yet figured out. He was SO bad - that being average will look 'amazing" and the predictable narratives will spew from the brain dead 'media' about his 'historic comeback". Colon Cowtard will spend all season holding wilson's cock and saying "I told you so". Anyone wanna place bets on that?

Meanwhile, over in Seattle, Geno Smith gonna be gunnin' for an MVP.
The one thing you left out was Payton. He's going to pull all that off, if he can't then it's a mess

maoling

Post by maoling » Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:42 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:01 am
Odds makers have them at 8 1/2 wins
Are these the same oddsmakers that had us at 5.5 wins last year?