CBS Sports 2024 Mock Draft

SeattleAddict

Re: CBS Sports 2024 Mock Draft

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:11 am

Cascade Kid wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:32 am
I'm just going to put this out here, Cameron Ward is the second best NFL QB prospect for 2024
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:43 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:36 pm
Like it's never too early for a mock draft lol... they must have time on their hands at CBS sports
This isn't very early. They do them a day after the last one ends 6 months ago.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:33 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:32 am
I'm just going to put this out here, Cameron Ward is the second best NFL QB prospect for 2024
He's really good - and he torched that stout Oregon State defense. He's underrated but moving up. I think I would take him over Penix - whom I think is gonna be another guy that puts up gaudy college stats but can't transition to the NFL, adding in his prolific injury history - hard pass for me. Sorry DT, Love what he's doing at UW, but I would not draft him in the first round, the risk is too high. Seattle absolutely has to get another QB in the next draft, be interesting to see who they could get in the middle rounds. Huge game this weekend for wazzu down here at the rose bowl. They win this they are 5-0... imagine either Oregon State or Wazzu winning the PAC-12 - the only schools left in the conference - shunned by everyone else - winning it all in the final season - would be the greatest FU of all time and I hope it happens. Fuck the Big 10, fuck realignment, fuck the ruiniation of college football via greed - I hope those two schools ruin everyone's season (times 1000 vs Oregon). Be the best story of the entire season and shine a great big fucking spotlight on how college football has been ruined by greed.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:05 pm

Possible but Penix was last injured Oct. 2nd 2021 over two years ago and if he stays healthy he will be injury free for over 2.5 years when the draft happens. We took JSN at #20 after he missed the ENTIRE 2022 season. I doubt teams look at ancient history injuries much.

The Cougs game at UCLA is a game they typically Coug after good starts. Hopefully not again but I won't be surprised.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:41 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:05 pm
Possible but Penix was last injured Oct. 2nd 2021 over two years ago and if he stays healthy he will be injury free for over 2.5 years when the draft happens. We took JSN at #20 after he missed the ENTIRE 2022 season. I doubt teams look at ancient history injuries much.

The Cougs game at UCLA is a game they typically Coug after good starts. Hopefully not again but I won't be surprised.
I hope Penix wins the heisman and goes on to the NFL - especially after all he's been through - the skeptic GM in me looks at the injury history and is hesitant to draft him early - if he lasted until the third round I would grab him, but up top I would build the trenches - I think statistically the odds are a little bit better - none of this is a knock on Penix. UCLA football has come on strong he last couple seasons - total opp for the cougs to coug it - I love it so much when UW/Wazzu beats the socal schools... and Oregon, of course. Injury history is one of the number one things teams look at - they have to - risk reward - you cannot just ignore it. I don't think JSN's injuries were joint related -tearing ACL's/MCL's etc is much much different than hamstring injuries. Fingers crossed for both of them.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:48 pm

One thing is for certain. It will be fascinating to see how it plays out. btw UCLA favored by 3.5 but likely just because of their amazing HFA. lol

Hawks signed Lock in March this past Spring. Will be interesting if they do it again. Probably a good tell regarding their QB draft intentions.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:14 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:48 pm
One thing is for certain. It will be fascinating to see how it plays out. btw UCLA favored by 3.5 but likely just because of their amazing HFA. lol

Hawks signed Lock in March this past Spring. Will be interesting if they do it again. Probably a good tell regarding their QB draft intentions.
"HFA" in the Rose Bowl breaks down like this...
42% UCLA fans
41% Wazzu fans
17% USC Gender Studies student fans who got lost. :D

I like Lock and hope we keep him - he doesn't need to be Dan Marino an I don't expect him to be but he seems like a loyal foot soldier and he's decent. Anyone notice that when he came in we went up tempo and it actually went pretty well - a couple of missed passes - maybe rusty - but Lock looked like with a few more reps he could be average to above average - and that's good news for a back up.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:17 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:14 pm
D-train wrote:

"HFA" in the Rose Bowl breaks down like this...
42% UCLA fans
41% Wazzu fans
17% USC Gender Studies student fans who got lost. :D

I like Lock and hope we keep him - he doesn't need to be Dan Marino an I don't expect him to be but he seems like a loyal foot soldier and he's decent. Anyone notice that when he came in we went up tempo and it actually went pretty well - a couple of missed passes - maybe rusty - but Lock looked like with a few more reps he could be average to above average - and that's good news for a back up.
:lol:
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:18 pm

Yeah I like Lock as well. I think they should have let him go for the rest of the game to give Geno a full to weeks to recover.
dt

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:36 pm

D-train wrote:

An excellent week to bet on the dog.