Re: Remaining schedule

Post by Michael K. » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:20 pm

trharder wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:49 am
SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:09 pm
SF is scary good.
Yes they are.
However, one thing I've learned about Pete Carroll teams is they are up for and can possibly beat any team.
Injuries can even things out.
I like facing them at the end of the year where if this is going to be a good Seahawk team, they will be peaking.
Up until last year we had kind of had their number. But damn they are good. Anything can happen between now and then, but as of right now I am not sure how much it will matter how motivated Pete can get them, if we are peaking, any of that. The Niners remind me of the Seahawk team that blasted the Broncos in the SuperBowl. That said? Had we lost Russ or Beastmode? Things change. Injuries can certainly even things out, but all things being equal right now? I don't see how we beat them.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:54 pm

I wouldn't be looking past Cinci or AZ. Both can beat Seattle - especially AZ whom we never seem to take seriously and then they walk into centuryphizertmobileamazon park and kick our ass. We love to shit the bed against crappy AZ teams. If Seattle can pressure Burrow quickly, and they are gonna have to use stunts and blitzes, that is a winnable game. If we sit back 40 yards off the ball and let him scroll through the neflix library and his progressions and convert endless third downs - Cinci will win. We aren't beating them in a shoot out in Cinci - I just don't see that happening. It's possible, but they are fighting for their playoff lives right now and are going to be VERY motivated. MUST. PRESSURE. BURROW. Adams may be the key player in this game - and JSN might very well have his break out game. Seattle defense is going to have to attack Cinci IMO to win this game. Cannot sit back and let Burrow operate - because he will. I am already dreading third and ten and seattle's CB's dropping back to cleveland in coverage.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:01 pm

auroraave wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:54 pm
I wouldn't be looking past Cinci or AZ. Both can beat Seattle - especially AZ whom we never seem to take seriously and then they walk into centuryphizertmobileamazon park and kick our ass. We love to shit the bed against crappy AZ teams. If Seattle can pressure Burrow quickly, and they are gonna have to use stunts and blitzes, that is a winnable game. If we sit back 40 yards off the ball and let him scroll through the neflix library and his progressions and convert endless third downs - Cinci will win. We aren't beating them in a shoot out in Cinci - I just don't see that happening. It's possible, but they are fighting for their playoff lives right now and are going to be VERY motivated. MUST. PRESSURE. BURROW. Adams may be the key player in this game - and JSN might very well have his break out game. Seattle defense is going to have to attack Cinci IMO to win this game. Cannot sit back and let Burrow operate - because he will. I am already dreading third and ten and seattle's CB's dropping back to cleveland in coverage.
Bengals definitely looked like a different team than their shit show start.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:26 pm

auroraave wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:54 pm
No doubt. I am actually very worried about Cincy on the road. If I had to make my picks right now I'd go with Cincy. I'm trying to talk myself into Seattle, but it looks like Burrow and Chase worked out what ever issues they had, whether it was timing or Burrow's calf? Sure didn't seem to be any issues last week.

As for AZ? I don't have much of a feel for them anymore. I have just flat out hated the last two coaches they have had. I didn't want to hate Arians, but he hated us so much it was just too damn hard for me to like him. And the pretty boy? He was just what happens when someone like McVey makes a name for himself. Everyone was looking for the next one. The dude wasn't even an above .500 coach in college. I think the only people that didn't see that one being a disaster are in the Front Office in AZ. They seem to play hard. That is something that used to be taken for granted here. I sure didn't feel that way in the week 1 loss, and the fire and attitude has seemed to be a bit lacking at times in a few other games as well. The funny thing is? It has been the road games were we seemed more fired up. The majority of the Rams game we looked asleep and the first half of the Panther game was a disaster. Maybe we are better off getting out of town?

douche

Post by douche » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:19 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:19 pm
Trey Lance: Pick 3
Brock Purdy: Pick 262
Purdy is the real deal. And the Niners are only paying him $870,000 this season.

Did anyone watch that game? He did have a couple of passes knocked down at the line of scrimmage. He's only 6'1". But the dude can play. Of course, having a very strong supporting cast doesn't hurt.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:30 pm

I'm starting to believe Purdy might actually be good.

His best attribute is knowing his role, though, which is pretty much "don't lose the game". Trey Lance never figured that out. Couple that with having by far the best supporting cast in the NFL and he can just go out there and play with no pressure. It's the flip side to the "rookie QB on a crappy team" issue where they look terrible and lose confidence. In Purdy's case, he went to an absolutely stacked team and gained confidence.

The thing is, can he actually WIN them a game? Has he led any game winning drives? Seems like he never has to.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:16 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:30 pm

His best attribute is knowing his role, though, which is pretty much "don't lose the game". Trey Lance never figured that out. Couple that with having by far the best supporting cast in the NFL and he can just go out there and play with no pressure. It's the flip side to the "rookie QB on a crappy team" issue where they look terrible and lose confidence. In Purdy's case, he went to an absolutely stacked team and gained confidence.

The thing is, can he actually WIN them a game? Has he led any game winning drives? Seems like he never has to.
By far the highest QB rating. But no, closest game they played is their 7 point win over the Rams but wasn't as close as the score would indicate as the Rams kicked a FG to pull within 7 to end the scoring.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_ ... g/dir/desc

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401547422
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:43 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:16 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:30 pm

By far the highest QB rating. But no, closest game they played is their 7 point win over the Rams but wasn't as close as the score would indicate as the Rams kicked a FG to pull within 7 to end the scoring.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_ ... g/dir/desc

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401547422
QB rating is one thing that can REALLY be skewed by his situation. How many INTs are thrown when QBs are playing from behind and they have to force things? How many TDs are produced by short passes that Deebo or McCaffrey take to the house? How many turnovers because a QB has a bad O-Line, or crappy WRs that run the wrong route (Geno 2022) or drop balls?

He might actually be good. Just saying he looks a hell of a lot better because of circumstances. If he played for the Giants or Bears, nobody would talk about him.

trharder

Post by trharder » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:32 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:20 pm
trharder wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:49 am
SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:09 pm
SF is scary good.
Yes they are.
However, one thing I've learned about Pete Carroll teams is they are up for and can possibly beat any team.
Injuries can even things out.
I like facing them at the end of the year where if this is going to be a good Seahawk team, they will be peaking.
Up until last year we had kind of had their number. But damn they are good. Anything can happen between now and then, but as of right now I am not sure how much it will matter how motivated Pete can get them, if we are peaking, any of that. The Niners remind me of the Seahawk team that blasted the Broncos in the SuperBowl. That said? Had we lost Russ or Beastmode? Things change. Injuries can certainly even things out, but all things being equal right now? I don't see how we beat them.
The corollary is that the PC Seahawks can get beat by any team...
The year the Seahawks pummeled the Broncos in the SB, the 49ers or the Saints would have pummeled them too.
We barely got by those two.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:54 am

Odds are Bosa and McCaffrey will suffer season-ending injuries by week 12 and the Niners will be a different team late in the season.