should've taken Jalen Carter

Gametime

Re: should've taken Jalen Carter

Post by Gametime » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:21 pm

I wanted Carter. I understand why they didn’t choose him.

Glad he’s playing awesome. His dumbass holdout still pisses me off, but his playing so awesome takes that away.

I hope his big hitting doesn’t injure him. But, his okay is just so good. Love being wrong on this.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:50 am

I still would've taken Carter. Philosophically I value deep talent pools in the trenches over the secondary. Secondary was already a strength. yes, Witherspoon is elevating it, nothing against him at all. Love him and his play. I think he's gonna have a short shelf life tho, this NFL game is gonna take a toll on him. In the mean time, he's a total Seahawk. I think games are mostly won in the trenches, so it would still be Carter for me. I don't fault players for holding out. I don't like it, but I understand it and recognize it is a necessary evil in deal making.

I should clarify - not at all saying Witherspoon was the wrong pick at all - quite the contrary. Zero complaints.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:28 am

auroraave wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:50 am
I still would've taken Carter. Philosophically I value deep talent pools in the trenches over the secondary. Secondary was already a strength. yes, Witherspoon is elevating it, nothing against him at all. Love him and his play. I think he's gonna have a short shelf life tho, this NFL game is gonna take a toll on him. In the mean time, he's a total Seahawk. I think games are mostly won in the trenches, so it would still be Carter for me. I don't fault players for holding out. I don't like it, but I understand it and recognize it is a necessary evil in deal making.

I should clarify - not at all saying Witherspoon was the wrong pick at all - quite the contrary. Zero complaints.
I'd appreciate it if you'd weigh in on my poll.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8771

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:33 am

We are 21st in Pass D and 2nd in run D. Thankful we focused on the Secondary over the interior D line with the first pick.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:06 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:33 am
We are 21st in Pass D and 2nd in run D. Thankful we focused on the Secondary over the interior D line with the first pick.
Well, how much are the pass D issues caused by allowing the opposing QB too much time to find a target? I think Carter would help the pass D a lot more than the run D with his ability to collapse pockets.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:41 pm

dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:42 pm

D-train wrote:
the difference between 21st and top 10 is 30 ypg. They got torched the first 3 games of the season without 3 cbs and Adams. Since then, they've only given up 443 yards, a pace which would lead the entire NFL.

Granted, two of those teams were the Giants and Cardinals, but still trending in the right direction.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:58 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:06 pm
D-train wrote:
Well, how much are the pass D issues caused by allowing the opposing QB too much time to find a target? I think Carter would help the pass D a lot more than the run D with his ability to collapse pockets.
With the current seahawks, it seems to my eye that a lot of the pass D woes come when they're employing that
pussified non-communicating zone defense. If several receivers are wide open 8-10yds down field, the best pass rushers
in the world aren't going to get there. Current narrative is the Seahwaks D is awesome, but as recent as the last game
against AZ there was a defensive meltdown in the second quarter while they played this scheme.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:20 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:42 pm
D-train wrote:
the difference between 21st and top 10 is 30 ypg. They got torched the first 3 games of the season without 3 cbs and Adams. Since then, they've only given up 443 yards, a pace which would lead the entire NFL.

Granted, two of those teams were the Giants and Cardinals, but still trending in the right direction.
Yeah almost like they knew whether spoon was gonna be good and Adams was gonna be back
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:34 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:41 pm
5th in sack %

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/sack-pct
Mainly because of one game against a broken offense. Take that out and they have been below average.