Vikings Please God

Michael K.

Re: Vikings Please God

Post by Michael K. » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:51 pm

I am shocked how hard it now looks for the Niners on offense. Shannahan has all these weapons, and seems to have no answer in Run CMC isn’t dominating.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:57 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:51 pm
I am shocked how hard it now looks for the Niners on offense. Shannahan has all these weapons, and seems to have no answer in Run CMC isn’t dominating.
Yes I sensed all this would happen so I switched my pick. :lol:
dt

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:28 am

Michael K. wrote:
Maybe Purdy isn't the top end QB people think he is. Honestly, if we can find a passing game before we face them, I think we have a good shot at beating them.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:28 am

They have managed to protect him pretty much but when it comes to putting the team on his back and pulling out a tough win he seems to be getting exposed as somewhat ordinary
Purdy has simply not been very accurate this season, but Shanahan and the 49ers elite skill-position players have usually made up for it. With Deebo Samuel out and Brandon Aiyuk weirdly isolated from the gameplan in the second half, it was on full display

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:29 pm

Bil522 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:28 am
Michael K. wrote:
Maybe Purdy isn't the top end QB people think he is. Honestly, if we can find a passing game before we face them, I think we have a good shot at beating them.
No one thinks he is top end, I think people always thought with all those weapons that Shannahan could just make it work. Again, what I see is a coach that is lost when McCafffrey isn’t dominating. He missed at least a half of one game and is only two attempts behind Ettiene for the NFL lead in Carrie’s. He is tied for the NFL lead in touches with Ettiene. He has almost half the 49ers TDs and is tied for the team lead in receiving TDs. Up until last game he had more targets than Kittle, and is still only two behind him.

Seems odd that a genius would rely that heavily on an unjury prone 27 year old RB. Especially when all we hear is how multiple they are and how many weapons they have. Lead the NFL in touches? On a team with Aiyuk, Kittle and Debo?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:50 pm

Yeah, they don't throw the ball, they have like the least amount of pass attempts per game in the NFL. For being innovative you'd they'd pass more

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:28 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:50 pm
Yeah, they don't throw the ball, they have like the least amount of pass attempts per game in the NFL. For being innovative you'd they'd pass more
Seriously…for all the talk, Shannahan plays incredibly scared. It’s cost them two winnable games. It reminds me of how the Seahawks lost with the LOB. You play the game scared on offense because you expect your defense to just win the game. The NFL game isn’t geared that way anymore. There are too many rules in place to think the defense will just dominate all the time. Shit, the Fantasy world has been abuzz for weeks about how you have to sit guys against the Browns and 49ers because the defenses are game wreckers, yet if you sat Vikings or Colts last week for lesser talent with a better matchup? You lost. The Browns got whooped my Uncle Rico and the 9ers by a Vikings team without Jefferson!

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:49 pm

That's the in issue, maybe they don't want Purdy chucking the ball.