NFL Mock Draft 1.0 per Athletic

D-train

Re: NFL Mock Draft 1.0 per Athletic

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:37 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:34 pm
My first takeaway when seeing the top three in this mock draft is that whomever produced it really wants Belichick to get a highend QB prospect. I mean, I would highly doubt AZ would pass up on Maye at #2 and feel content with Murray moving forward.

JJ McCarthy has been showing year-to-year improvement with his footwork and throwing base, and it's showing up on his completion% this year with a 74% completion rate. He also does a great job with play action and can really get secondaries to bite on it. Might not be a bad guy to take a shot on given our current spot in the 1st round.
Given will will likely win only 1 or 2 more games this season our current spot isn't really relevant. I think we will end up in the 10-13 range.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:42 pm

This one has us taking a OT at 22nd. How are we still so low with a 6-5 record. Has Maye going 1st and Williams 3rd.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... -williams/
dt

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:44 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:37 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:
My first takeaway when seeing the top three in this mock draft is that whomever produced it really wants Belichick to get a highend QB prospect. I mean, I would highly doubt AZ would pass up on Maye at #2 and feel content with Murray moving forward.

JJ McCarthy has been showing year-to-year improvement with his footwork and throwing base, and it's showing up on his completion% this year with a 74% completion rate. He also does a great job with play action and can really get secondaries to bite on it. Might not be a bad guy to take a shot on given our current spot in the 1st round.
Given will will likely win only 1 or 2 more games this season our current spot isn't really relevant. I think we will end up in the 10-13 range.
Well that might not be a bad thing. It kind of puts them in a place where they could reasonably trade up or down if they land in that range.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:08 pm

Belichick is coaching the Pats next season?

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:53 pm

Odunze going 13th in this one. How would we feel about him replacing Lockett? 13th is about where we will be.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... in-fields/
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:18 pm

On the long list of things we need, Receiver is not that high on the list, if you ask me.

IMO, the offense position groups ranked worst to best are below.

Interior O Line
Offensive Tackle
Tight End
Quarter Back
Running Back
Wide Receiver

I would have put Geno MUCH lower before last week. I have hated Waldron's offense so far this year, and after last week I kind of think the scheme had as much if not more to do with the issue than Geno. That said? He sure seems to be incapable of getting us out of bad plays in big stages. Our have to have it third and fourth down plays are terrible. If Waldron sends in shit, it seems like Geno just puts his hands up and goes with it.

And I think Safety, Interior D Line and Edge on Defense would all rank as bigger needs than anything on offense. So, of course, this team will use their first round pick on 0ffense and they will choose WR, makes sense....if you have been following this team! LOL. That said? I have been pretty pleased with the last couple of drafts. I think it is because Pete stopped being so fucking emotional, stopped trying to look smart and decided to do what makes sense. Of John finally stepped in and said "dude, you are making me look stupid!" You can't always be right, but you will be right more than wrong when you stop reaching for guys just because you want to.

As long as Pete and Waldron are running the offense? I don't know that it matters. We looked pretty good on that side of the ball last week. I think we have bigger needs than offense, and certainly bigger needs than WR. I am also not so sure Lockett needs to go.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:27 am

Cascade Kid wrote:

Hawks gotta go QB this year, be it Daniels, McCarthy, or Rattler at worst.
As for Cards taking Harrison at 2, that is just lazy mocking. Does Marvin merit top 5, top non-QB status - absolutely. but with Maye on the board no way you're taking Marvin there - you either move Kyler or move the pick for a boatload of more picks. This draft is better at the top but similar in a way to last year's with Young/Stroud and previous years with Wentz/Goff and Luck/RG3 where the 2 spot is almost as good as the 1 in terms of trade value.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:19 pm

Harrison is rumored to have been offered NIL money similar to the NFL, and is contemplating staying at Ohio State!

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:08 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:53 pm
Odunze going 13th in this one. How would we feel about him replacing Lockett? 13th is about where we will be.

If he is available with pick 13, the Hawks should take him. Then let him learn the system for a year, then we have two beasts a the wideouts.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:43 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:08 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:53 pm

If he is available with pick 13, the Hawks should take him. Then let him learn the system for a year, then we have two beasts a the wideouts.
He is 10x the WR that JSN is. He wouldn't need a year.
dt