The strange case of Antonio Brown..

Hasslecracked

Re: The strange case of Antonio Brown..

Post by Hasslecracked » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:47 pm

Have a buddy in Pittsburgh who told me a couple years back that AB was a major cancer. He would constantly be late to autograph signings and straight up no showed an event at the local children's hospital. This whole thing with him doesnt surprise me one bit

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:10 pm

ThePro wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:07 pm
That dumpster fire didn't even make it to the regular season.
Had my reservation about Gruden. Always thought Mayock was a mistake. Could you see Schneider confronting a player face to face like that? Apparently players had to hold Brown back from going after Mayock.Could have been much worse. Looks like they're having a Percy moment .Hawks went through theirs. Cleveland is next.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/275 ... ab-tiff-gm
Most reports I'm reading make it sound like Brown went after Mayock, Mayock walked away and Brown had to be restrained. Not sure I would say that is Mayock getting in his face. Brown is a looney toon!

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:12 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:10 pm
ThePro wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:07 pm
That dumpster fire didn't even make it to the regular season.
Had my reservation about Gruden. Always thought Mayock was a mistake. Could you see Schneider confronting a player face to face like that? Apparently players had to hold Brown back from going after Mayock.Could have been much worse. Looks like they're having a Percy moment .Hawks went through theirs. Cleveland is next.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/275 ... ab-tiff-gm
Most reports I'm reading make it sound like Brown went after Mayock, Mayock walked away and Brown had to be restrained. Not sure I would say that is Mayock getting in his face. Brown is a looney toon!
There are some reports that say the contrary. Raiders prolly doing damage control.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:19 pm

Awful hard to follow Antonio Brown over the last two years, and especially the past two months, and think he is a victim here.

Hell, even freaking out over the fine because he basically refuses to go to work was foolish.

What sucks is he will be a Patriot in a few weeks and probably get a ring!

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:23 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:19 pm
Awful hard to follow Antonio Brown over the last two years, and especially the past two months, and think he is a victim here.

Hell, even freaking out over the fine because he basically refuses to go to work was foolish.

What sucks is he will be a Patriot in a few weeks and probably get a ring!
Oh he's no victim. I'm just saying hiring someone from tv with no experience to be your GM was a mistake. When he went on tv and did his tough talk speech. Keep that shit in house dude. Brown isn't crazy.He just doesn't want to play for the Raiders. Probably really freaking out now seeing hiw Clowney masterfully dictated where he wanted to go.

Not too long ago Hawks were team drama between, Lynch, Bennett, Baldwin, Sherman.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:43 pm

I hear ya.

I guess he just issued an emotional apology and is now playing on Monday. Funny what can be over looked when you are one of the best wideouts in the game!

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:49 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:43 pm
I hear ya.

I guess he just issued an emotional apology and is now playing on Monday. Funny what can be over looked when you are one of the best wideouts in the game!
It appears to me that the discipline worked. He came back contrite, and I think this sets an example to other players. I read that the Raider captains support Mayock and Gruden in this.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:00 pm

I heard that most of the players supported the organization.

The funny thing is they are maybe a 7 win team with him....so who cares? Cut out the cancer and move on.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:00 pm

well he nixed a trade to Buffalo and signed a $50 mil contract in Oakland, he didn't want to play there?...

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:34 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:00 pm
well he nixed a trade to Buffalo and signed a $50 mil contract in Oakland, he didn't want to play there?...
So he chose not to play for Buffalo. Exactly my point.