A way too early 2-round mock draft.

D-train

Re: A way too early 2-round mock draft.

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:35 pm

Mafe was my biggest concern after the draft. Just seemed like a project lacking production. Fears seem to be realized. Try again in April I guess.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:43 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:44 pm
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:37 am
Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:31 pm

I personally would be fine with that being the result of our first two rounds. Impact Pass Rusher and LB. We can't rush the passer or stop the run, so seems like a pretty big need to me. Penix only worries me because of what you mentioned. I have watched damn near every game, and am a Huge Husky fan, so am pretty biased, but he seems to have all the tools. I would love to see another draft like last year's...no reaches, no trading back to add mediocre depth, take a good player at a position of need. Edge, LB and QB will do just that. Then I would say take the BPA of Interior Line, LB, CB, Safety or WR. IMO, this defense is much closer to the one we saw against Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa and Vegas than the one that played Arizona twice. That said, I think we are pretty weak at Center and Guard, so wouldn't be pissed if we took one in the second.
Listen to me carefully Hawk fans. TRADE A DAY 2 OR 3 PICK FOR A 2024 1ST & WITH BOTH THOSE FIRSTS FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS H. CHRIST TRADE THE F UP AND TAKE USC QB CALEB F'ING WILLIAMS.

Everybody get that.
TRADE A DAY 2 OR 3 PICK FOR A 2024 1ST
:|
That would be the ultimate trade back! LOL

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:53 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:26 pm
Corey Dillon?

Julios 3 months for the M's.

Then again its Softy and logic is not his first thought.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:42 pm

I say DT and DE in the first round if good ones are available. LB is an issue. One that should be addressed in FA to get an experiences impact guys. I am not even sold that Brooks is a star LB. Good, but not a star. I don't see him make plays at or behind the line of scrimmage enough, and Pass Coverage is still an issue. He is better than he used to be for sure. But, not elite LB IMO.

Round 2 look for impacts at WR or then LB. If Pennix (who no way gets to the 2nd unless another injury) then nab him. So, Free agency to fill DL line and LB.

Cap Stuff (Before any restructures):

There is 53M in cap space, before Geno. That can be taken down to 23 million really fast. I see them cutting Gabe Jackson and saving another 6 million. I think Shelby Harris is another cut saving 9 million. Our Dline is average at the very, very best of times. Spend on a run stuffer and look for more pass rush. Spend there.

Remember that 53 million cap goes super fast with a Geno and 2 first rounders. That Adams contract looks hideous 21.3 million for a non productive injury prone Safety, that can't cover when healthy.

Poona's 10 million is off the books thank goodness. We can get another player with the same production for way less. And they have to make a decision on Jefferson and his 4 million cap savings. Get cheaper run stuffers and pay on the outside is what I hope.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:02 pm

I have a hard time, right now, saying Penix is a no brainer first round pick. There are a TON of QBs this year, most of which have received way more hype all year than Mike, and almost if not all of them don't carry the injury issue. This is Penix's first full healthy season ever. So, I think it is very possible that he falls to the second round, and if, as you said, he gets hurt in the Bowl game? Almost no chance he goes in the second. Most guys going in the first two days are expected to play very early, and are making big bucks. Kind of tough to invest that in a guy that some might see as a one year wonder, and certainly be almost impossible if he gets hurt again.

I posted the list of Free Agent LBs, and not sure I am all that excited about very many of them. Many Edge Rushing options, but not a lot of wow factor there. A lot of this will make more sense the closer we get to the draft, and we know the exact order and there is more information out there about the players, but after looking at the list of FAs, I am not sure our next stud edge rusher or ILB is already in the league.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:01 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:02 pm
I have a hard time, right now, saying Penix is a no brainer first round pick. There are a TON of QBs this year, most of which have received way more hype all year than Mike, and almost if not all of them don't carry the injury issue. This is Penix's first full healthy season ever. So, I think it is very possible that he falls to the second round, and if, as you said, he gets hurt in the Bowl game? Almost no chance he goes in the second. Most guys going in the first two days are expected to play very early, and are making big bucks. Kind of tough to invest that in a guy that some might see as a one year wonder, and certainly be almost impossible if he gets hurt again.

I posted the list of Free Agent LBs, and not sure I am all that excited about very many of them. Many Edge Rushing options, but not a lot of wow factor there. A lot of this will make more sense the closer we get to the draft, and we know the exact order and there is more information out there about the players, but after looking at the list of FAs, I am not sure our next stud edge rusher or ILB is already in the league.
I would say something like this:

1st round: 10%
2nd round: 50%
3rd round: 25%
4th round: 15%
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:58 pm

It's so difficult to forecast. A lot has to come down to need as well. I think there may be some teams that have a need that we didn't imagine would, say the Bucs and maybe the Packers? The Broncos? The thing is, besides Tampa? Those teams have a lot of Money tied up into the guy that is there. Then you factor in that you have teams that HAVE the guy, or so they thought. The Jets, not sure what ever made the Jets think the Milf Hunter was the answer, or the 49ers thinking that the RB they drafted to play QB was the answer, but can they give up? Hell, the Jets might have the guy, it's just not that dumbass Wilson! Then, who would have thought that this far into the season the Seahawks would be thinking about keeping the guy they had?

The QB list seems pretty long to me. Penix was having a spectacular year, and as recent as two weeks ago hadn't cracked some lists of the top 10 QBs to draft. I have seen guys come out early and fall, and you are just left to wonder who is advising them? It does disturb me some that Penix seems to not have much opportunity with NIL. Going to be hard to compete against the Oregon's of the world if they can just over pay for the guys we want.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:23 pm

:?:
D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:44 pm
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:37 am
Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:31 pm

I personally would be fine with that being the result of our first two rounds. Impact Pass Rusher and LB. We can't rush the passer or stop the run, so seems like a pretty big need to me. Penix only worries me because of what you mentioned. I have watched damn near every game, and am a Huge Husky fan, so am pretty biased, but he seems to have all the tools. I would love to see another draft like last year's...no reaches, no trading back to add mediocre depth, take a good player at a position of need. Edge, LB and QB will do just that. Then I would say take the BPA of Interior Line, LB, CB, Safety or WR. IMO, this defense is much closer to the one we saw against Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa and Vegas than the one that played Arizona twice. That said, I think we are pretty weak at Center and Guard, so wouldn't be pissed if we took one in the second.
Listen to me carefully Hawk fans. TRADE A DAY 2 OR 3 PICK FOR A 2024 1ST & WITH BOTH THOSE FIRSTS FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS H. CHRIST TRADE THE F UP AND TAKE USC QB CALEB F'ING WILLIAMS.

Everybody get that.
TRADE A DAY 2 OR 3 PICK FOR A 2024 1ST
:|

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:53 am

Guys I'm not saying trade one of our firsts but a 2nd or a 4th absolutely. Gotta fill defense through draft no question.

maoling

Post by maoling » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:30 am

Here's Murph's Top Billin' take on our draft next year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qPc0Umgyh0