Well, at least one of our teams does something at the trade dealine!

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Well, at least one of our teams does something at the trade dealine!

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:18 pm

By Bob Condotta
Seattle Times staff reporter

As you may not need reminding, they also loaded up on picks with the Russell Wilson deal — so much so that as of Tuesday, Seattle was tied for the most draft picks in the NFL on its roster with 15, is tied for the second-most players 25 or younger on its roster with 31 and has the ninth-youngest overall roster with an average age of 26.35. That latter number, though, also indicates that Seattle has a few significant players on the upper end of the age scale (Bobby Wagner and Smith 33, Lockett 31, Diggs and Reed 30).
That didn't sound right so i checked and counted 28 players they drafted that are currently on the roster. :?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:27 pm

That roster age deal I think is kinda BS. The age range from first to 32 is like a year and half.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:03 pm

Once they add Peters to the roster they'll drop to middle of the pack lol.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:18 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:03 pm
Once they add Peters to the roster they'll drop to middle of the pack lol.
Peters played last game. Once they they replace Geno with Brady or Hasselbeck that will do the trick. lol
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:31 pm

Peters is currently back on the practice squad according to Seahawks .com

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:24 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:05 pm
Not to be a dick, but c'mon, man. That's like diamondback fans screaming to bring back Randy Johnson "because he won a ring ten years ago".

Also, you're just going to ignore the other 30 reasons I mention that make it a bad idea? A 'ring ten years ago" somehow negates all that baggage and damage? Really?
Where did you get the idea that i would be in favor of that trade? If you check out the game thread you'll notice that others here don't seem to hold Geno in high esteem. They should read your list to refresh their brains on how much worse things could be.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:44 am

Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:18 pm
By Bob Condotta
Seattle Times staff reporter

As you may not need reminding, they also loaded up on picks with the Russell Wilson deal — so much so that as of Tuesday, Seattle was tied for the most draft picks in the NFL on its roster with 15, is tied for the second-most players 25 or younger on its roster with 31 and has the ninth-youngest overall roster with an average age of 26.35. That latter number, though, also indicates that Seattle has a few significant players on the upper end of the age scale (Bobby Wagner and Smith 33, Lockett 31, Diggs and Reed 30).
That didn't sound right so i checked and counted 28 players they drafted that are currently on the roster. :?
yeah that's not right. He must be talking about most draft picks from the past two drafts or something? Or rookies this year (including UDFAs and other teams' picks that we picked up)?

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:04 pm

Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:24 pm
auroraave wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:05 pm
Not to be a dick, but c'mon, man. That's like diamondback fans screaming to bring back Randy Johnson "because he won a ring ten years ago".

Also, you're just going to ignore the other 30 reasons I mention that make it a bad idea? A 'ring ten years ago" somehow negates all that baggage and damage? Really?
Where did you get the idea that i would be in favor of that trade? If you check out the game thread you'll notice that others here don't seem to hold Geno in high esteem. They should read your list to refresh their brains on how much worse things could be.
When you posted this....
What if the Seahawks could trade Geno for Russell without the salary implications. How many of you would go for that?
:lol:

To be fair, it's a pretty reasonable conclusion to draw. Also, I didn't read the game thread. You can pretty much predict what each person will say - it's what they always say. The personalities on here are quite specific and generally predictable in thier reactions. Are there still people actually clinging to Wilson as a franchise QB? This is a new era, a new team, Geno is not a HOF QB, but the rest of the roster is quite formidable because they moved on from the Great Cringe. You cannot have HOF players at every position, including back ups, so those complaining any time a mistake or an injury happens, too bad. This ain''t fantasy or madden - this is real life. Deal with it and manage expectations like a big boy. Cue the first time Witherspoon gets injured or burned - the usual suspects will melt down and "shoulda drafted carter'" or "who can we trade him for?" nonsense will start. You can take that to the bank. :lol: Disappointment is baked in to sports. It still astonishes me when I hear "OMG he was a SB winning QB" - as if that has ANY possible bearing on today. All the donkey fans and ilk like Cowtard spewing that empty headed crap - that is how you can tell the lazy thinkers from the rest of the pack. hard to believe people are really this vapid, but this is the culture social media and 'talking heads" with way to much time on their hands to fill has created - flat out stupidity. What? Pete lost a challenge? OMG FIRE EVERYONE! :D

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:12 pm

Next time Geno throws an idiotic pick these will be the only acceptable responses:

1. Darn, almost a TD. Good try Geno.
2. He did his best but I guess his best wasn't quite good enough.
3. Who threw that banana peel in the backfield. Looks like Geno slipped on it with his plant foot!
4. Our WRs need to learn how to play better Defense!
5. Call 1-800-Flowers and send them to the Hawks Locker room to cheer him up!
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:44 pm

Sure, he's a turnover waiting to happen, but so is Lock.