Re: New HC thread

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:26 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:22 pm
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:10 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:34 am

Are you talking about him going to the stands to cry on his mother's shoulder after games or something else?

btw What does it mean for Riley to get him to come along with him? Were you just Joking H&M88?

We aren't getting any of the top 3 QBs so not sure the point of discussing it.
Hire Lincoln & then trade up. I mean I would love to have one of the top 3. Not like there won't be any shortage of choices. They gotta take somebody.
Seattle isn't trading up. Our best chances are at Penix, Nix, or McCarthy. Should've tried to get Anthony Richardson or CJ Stroud last year.
Yep could have traded up for Stroud. Completely infeasible to trade up for one now.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:28 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:28 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:34 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:19 am

Caleb Williams?! No thank you! Guy makes me puke!!!! I'd rather take Penix over Williams, and I don't have Michael going until the 2nd round. Williams' character is everything wrong with what today's football players should be. Just go and read his "X" threads and you'll get a good sense of this guy. There's no denying his talent, he's gifted. But overall he makes me sick.
Are you talking about him going to the stands to cry on his mother's shoulder after games or something else?

btw What does it mean for Riley to get him to come along with him? Were you just Joking H&M88?

We aren't getting any of the top 3 QBs so not sure the point of discussing it.
This type of mentality drives me bat shit crazy and is everything wrong with football today. I get it. Today's game is different than when we were kids. Still doesn't mean I have to like it.
I guess he is in the Business of crying to his Momma like a little Bitch. :lol:
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:57 am

y'all can hate on Caleb for being so commercial, and sensy-poo, sure i get that. but at the end of the day i see an elite generational talent who is also a highly intense competitor and leader, not disliked by his teammates. Mahomes and Allen level when it comes to off platform. I'm all in on that if he somehow slips to the 3 spot - would give the first three picks this year and first two next year, which usually gets it done on the sim tool at least. Not sure we need Lincoln Riley to go with him, but i wouldnt oppose it as long as Schneider can find a good D crew to go with it.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:00 am

57reasons wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:57 am
y'all can hate on Caleb for being so commercial, and sensy-poo, sure i get that. but at the end of the day i see an elite generational talent who is also a highly intense competitor and leader, not disliked by his teammates. Mahomes and Allen level when it comes to off platform. I'm all in on that if he somehow slips to the 3 spot - would give the first three picks this year and first two next year, which usually gets it done on the sim tool at least. Not sure we need Lincoln Riley to go with him, but i wouldnt oppose it as long as Schneider can find a good D crew to go with it.
Negative infinity chance an org and a GM that found a franchise QB in the 3rd round does that...
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:14 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:00 am
57reasons wrote:
Negative infinity chance an org and a GM that found a franchise QB in the 3rd round does that...
:lol: you may be right, but sounds a lot like what i was saying about the chances the same guy drafts a corner at #5 last year after all his success developing corners from the middle rounds. something about snowballs in Satan's playground?

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:23 pm

57reasons wrote:
His 31 Fumbles in his collegiate career also give me pause!! :(

Yes, you all read that right. 31!!!!!!!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:40 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:23 pm
57reasons wrote:
His 31 Fumbles in his collegiate career also give me pause!! :(

Yes, you all read that right. 31!!!!!!!
That is high. That said, did you watch them play football? It was basically the college version of the second contract Russ years. Snap ball, run around like a crazy person for a few seconds and then throw something downfield. He was the entire offense. Watching him just elude tackle after tackle against us really changed my opinion of him. He shouldn't have to do that on every single snap. Not sure if their O Line was that bad. I think their offense was just that predictable.

That said? They will certainly have to work on ball security with him.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:19 pm

Waldren hired and Desai fired.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:30 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:19 pm
Waldren hired and Desai fired.
Hawks fans saying the Bears are idiots and maybe they are. Either that they know Waldron was hand cuffed by Grandpa Pete.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:31 pm

Be interesting to see Waldren with the Bears. I liked him when he first got here. I think he was a victim of a few things, non bigger than playing for a HC that was absolutely allergic to anything remotely aggressive on offense unless down two scores late. Pete hated tempo, hated spreading it out, and it really seemed like he hated taking shots unless it was third and short!