Hawks vs. Savages game thread

Gametime

Re: Hawks vs. Savages game thread

Post by Gametime » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:13 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:42 am
Nice to know we're about as good as a team that was sub-mediocre before selling off two of their best D players and has a 2022 5th round pick as their starting QB.
At home too.

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:35 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:41 am
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:40 am
Wins a win.

But holy fuck.

You're telling me DK was open on that route only twice today and it happened to be on that one drive lol?
Its like the discovered plutonium aka the most basic common route in football.
Guess they were saving the best for LAST! :lol:

Seriously tho, how about Tyler Lockett?!?! Dude stepped up today. He caught some crazy passes from Orkan Geno to save our ass.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:51 am

Boye Mafe has tied a Seahawk record by getting a sack in seven consecutive games.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:53 am

D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:29 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:28 pm
That was ALL Walker!!!! Great job K-9!
Dude how in the hell did you pick the Browns after watching the Ravens destroy us last week and we beat the Browns two weeks ago???
:lol: Gut feeling lmao :lol:

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:45 am

Charbonnet has had more snaps the last three games than Walker

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:19 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:45 am
Charbonnet has had more snaps the last three games than Walker
Because for some reason, the guy we watch make plays in the passing game, and scored from what? 60 plus last week on a simple dump off? Needs to come off the field on every passing down AND miss every third series. I like Charbonnet too, a LOT. But this staff doesn't seem to understand it's weapons. You have a punishing between the tackles back in Charbonnet, and a speed guy that is better on the edge and in open spaces...and they run early down dive plays to the speed guy and use the punisher on third downs!

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:45 pm

Yep more evidence Waldron is just incompetent. He doesn't know how to best make use of the most physically imposing WR in the NFL, can't get the team to successfully execute a screen pass, doesn't use the tight ends in the short passing game effectively, and can't discern the relative strengths of his RBs and put them in the best place to be successful. The guy is not OC material.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:59 pm

Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:45 pm
Yep more evidence Waldron is just incompetent. He doesn't know how to best make use of the most physically imposing WR in the NFL, can't get the team to successfully execute a screen pass, doesn't use the tight ends in the short passing game effectively, and can't discern the relative strengths of his RBs and put them in the best place to be successful. The guy is not OC material.
I wonder if this is going to be a staple of McVey's tree? Kind of like how no one leaves Belichick and wins? Starting to look more and more like this was a Brady tree, and not a Belichick tree. I think that McVey is legit, but I think his offense is HIS offense. Seems many of the Pete Carroll guys that left HIS defense weren't exactly considered experts elsewhere. Maybe Quinn?

douche

Post by douche » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:00 pm

But is it Waldron? We'll likely never know. Was/is Schottenheimer a terrible OC?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:09 pm

douche wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:00 pm
But is it Waldron? We'll likely never know.
Very true. As I have said over and over again. Our Offensive Coordinator right now could just be called Jeremy Bevelheimer. They all seem to basically just be Pete puppets. Pete's pleasure with this version though strikes me as odd. We have a shitty offense, and it is mostly pass first and turning the ball over a lot. I was amazed when I was posting about that 2018 offense. 11 fucking turnovers!? More runs than passes but still 35 passing TDs? THAT offense would seem to be THRIVING right now. I don't know if it's Pete, Waldron or the O Line, but watching us run the ball makes me want to scratch my eyes out! So? We turn to Geno, were often times a punt seems like a win!